Ibanez RG - Guitar Center 27th Anniversary - Page 2 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 04:21 PM

Re: Ibanez RG - Guitar Center 27th Anniversary

Hmmm....maybe it's just cos I'm used to Jems rather than PGM's Still, reverse stock Ibanez are not as commonplace as Jackson/ESP.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeswift
The best guitar center edition I saw was a bright orange 750 with a black painted neck. he thing was AWESOME and I only wish I'd had the cash at the time. It was being sold on evilBay, but I don't think it sold for very much. Maybe $500 at the very most. Some of you might have seen it? I dunno, but it looked amazing.
I saw it, and it wasn't original. My personal feeling was that the neck was likely painted to cover up cracks. I never would have bid on it myself.

jim

Last edited by jim777; 06-26-2006 at 04:49 PM.
post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 05:07 PM
Gex

Why would you want a painted neck RG anyway?

I just remembered an interesting bit about the 27th Anniversary RG560:

The neck isn't a reversed headstock, its an entire lefty neck! It has the side dots on the bottom side, instead of face up so you can see them. The profile is notably different too, since its reversed as well. Feels great though, in its own unique way.

My friend just got a little tiny drill bit and made his own side fret markers, and then got some white filler stuff, and they look like factory dots!

JJEMMER777: Thanks!
post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gex
Why would you want a painted neck RG anyway?

I just remembered an interesting bit about the 27th Anniversary RG560:

The neck isn't a reversed headstock, its an entire lefty neck! It has the side dots on the bottom side, instead of face up so you can see them. The profile is notably different too, since its reversed as well. Feels great though, in its own unique way.

My friend just got a little tiny drill bit and made his own side fret markers, and then got some white filler stuff, and they look like factory dots!

JJEMMER777: Thanks!

LOL, thats cool, Ibby probably has a **** load of lefty overstock necks and thru them together...

and OMG that neck repair looks like a leftover experiment of Dr.Frankenstein's...
post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 08:50 PM

I just checked, my GC 27th has normal black dot markers on the topside.
Just my 2 cents.
post #21 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 09:10 PM
Gex

Quote:
Originally Posted by petee
I just checked, my GC 27th has normal black dot markers on the topside.
Just my 2 cents.
Black fret dots? meaning yours is maple-boarded.

I guess maybe the Maple-Boarded ones were true right handed necks with reversed headstocks. All they would have to do is find a black RG565 neck and put it on there.

I dont know of any RG with a rosewood board and white dot inlays and a reversed headstock, so maybe they just used Lefty necks for those instead of having to make a brand new type of neck just for that limited series.

Or my friend's is just a strange fluke.
post #22 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-27-2006, 12:00 AM

Here's a picture of mine. (Also an Evilbay purchase.) Except for a dirty fingerboard, and a 1/2" long NJFC on the bass side, it's damn near mint. The finish on the Edge is perfect, and it even still has the protective covering on the control plates. The thought has crossed my mind several times to try and find a matching 550 body and use the neck on it, but the guitar is so nice I talk myself out of it. It's hard to say how many actually were made, and sold. But it having the HSS pickup layout seems to keep the prices down. If that guitar originally had a 550 body instead of the 560 there's no telling what they'd bring in todays reverse headstock, maple fingerboard starved market. --Jason

post #23 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-27-2006, 01:42 AM
Gex

Yeah, I must say that Ibanez is mentally retarded for discontinuing the RG550.
post #24 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-27-2006, 11:04 AM
Dee

Agreed. It's obvious how many people want a 550 if you take a look around. The demand is crazy, hence the reason for me creating the petition, etc. The 550 is a classic.
post #25 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 09:28 AM Thread Starter

jkahrs - That is the guitar. I am SO jealous. Thanks for posting the picture. It gives me hope that there may still be one out there for me.
post #26 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-05-2006, 12:25 PM

Someone was selling one here on craigslist for $400 which I thought was outrageous but it looks like he sold it.
post #27 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-05-2006, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkahrs
Here's a picture of mine. (Also an Evilbay purchase.) Except for a dirty fingerboard, and a 1/2" long NJFC on the bass side, it's damn near mint. The finish on the Edge is perfect, and it even still has the protective covering on the control plates. The thought has crossed my mind several times to try and find a matching 550 body and use the neck on it, but the guitar is so nice I talk myself out of it. It's hard to say how many actually were made, and sold. But it having the HSS pickup layout seems to keep the prices down. If that guitar originally had a 550 body instead of the 560 there's no telling what they'd bring in todays reverse headstock, maple fingerboard starved market. --Jason

Nice and dirty .

Regards

André

post #28 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 02:43 PM

Reviews: 130

I saw one of these on the bay--it was blue sparkle and had GC 27th on the truss rod cover.
post #29 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 05:10 PM
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpenguins View Post
and a 540P-II neck I put on my 540P Triple Coil
Is this yours? Because that's one sick looking guitar. I always kept the pic when it was posted here.

post #30 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 05:37 PM

Yep, that's mine.

Tags
dot inlay , dot inlays , fret markers , maple fingerboard , maple fret , maple fretboard , monkey grip , reverse headstock , reverse headstocks , reversed headstock , rosewood board , scarf joint , truss rod , truss rod cover

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode