Ibanez RG - Guitar Center 27th Anniversary - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 08:57 AM Thread Starter

Question Ibanez RG - Guitar Center 27th Anniversary

Does anyone know how rare these are?
I owned one when they came out and sold it to pay bills. I have been regretting it and looking for one ever since.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 10:29 AM

Re: Ibanez RG - Guitar Center 27th Anniversary

Quote:
Originally Posted by johliatay
Does anyone know how rare these are?
I owned one when they came out and sold it to pay bills. I have been regretting it and looking for one ever since.
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 11:01 AM Thread Starter

It was an RG model (560 I think) with a reverse headstock. It was kind of a grey or silver finish and came out in 1992 I think? I sold it in 93 so I am foggy on all of the details.

I loved that guitar though and have been searching for years and can never find anything on it?
post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 11:15 AM

sounds super-rare. It's worth what somebody will pay.

most people prefer the pickguard and hsh of the 550 lately.

a reverse heatstock silver-grey 560 would probably fetch about $300-400 depending on condition.
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 12:04 PM
Dee

The best guitar center edition I saw was a bright orange 750 with a black painted neck. he thing was AWESOME and I only wish I'd had the cash at the time. It was being sold on evilBay, but I don't think it sold for very much. Maybe $500 at the very most. Some of you might have seen it? I dunno, but it looked amazing.
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 12:28 PM
Gex

Me and my buddy picked one up at a pawn shop for $100.

It was in sorta rough condition:

We cut a Monkey Grip into it, rather good job I think:

Its your basic RG560, in Jewel Blue (ugh). Interesting points, are the reversed headstock, and the special ebossed truss rod cover that says "Guitar Center's 27th Anniversary"

Why would they celebrate the 27th anniversary? The serial number makes it a 1992 model, so I guess thats when they were celebrating. After a little research on Guitar Center's site, the Guitar Center was officially so in 1964, which makes 1991 their 27th anniversary.

Last edited by Gex; 06-26-2006 at 12:36 PM.
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 12:58 PM

Guitar Center 27th anniversary..............Man, Guiat Center will do ANYTHING to hype themselves, won't they? Know you, the big 2 - 7. That's a milestone.

post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 02:01 PM Thread Starter

You guys are HILARIOUS!! I never even thought about it until I read your posts. 27th IS really an ODD anniversary to celebrate.

It is a VERY cool guitar though.
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johliatay
It was an RG model (560 I think) with a reverse headstock. It was kind of a grey or silver finish and came out in 1992 I think? I sold it in 93 so I am foggy on all of the details.

I loved that guitar though and have been searching for years and can never find anything on it?
You mean this (sorry for the large pics, no time to resizr and re-upload):

I had bought this one locally from someone on evilbay. I forget what I paid, I only wanted the neck. It was pretty beat, though. I dumped the body some time ago. I still have the neck, but it had the mother of all repairs done to it before I got it. The main problem is that I just don't have anything that goes with that headstock so I have to get around to stripping it. The repair looks pretty nasty, but you really can't feel it and it's very stable:

post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 02:28 PM

maple fretboard and reverse headstock alone make an rg neck worth about $200 by itself.
post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 03:05 PM
Gex

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpenguins

I had bought this one locally from someone on evilbay. I forget what I paid, I only wanted the neck. It was pretty beat, though. I dumped the body some time ago. I still have the neck, but it had the mother of all repairs done to it before I got it. The main problem is that I just don't have anything that goes with that headstock so I have to get around to stripping it. The repair looks pretty nasty, but you really can't feel it and it's very stable:

WOW. I've never seen that before. A scarf joint TRANSPLANT.
post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 03:14 PM

Lol...that's a new one to me as well. Is it just me, or does the reverse headstock on an Ibanez look a bit odd? Guess I'm just not used to it, where as Jackson's and Esp's sorta look odd without it (IMHO)

BTW - nice job on the money grip Gex
post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gex
WOW. I've never seen that before. A scarf joint TRANSPLANT.
Hey, that's a great way to describe that from now on
post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEMMER777
Lol...that's a new one to me as well. Is it just me, or does the reverse headstock on an Ibanez look a bit odd? Guess I'm just not used to it, where as Jackson's and Esp's sorta look odd without it (IMHO)
Maybe it's because I'm a Gilbert-o-phile, but I really dig the Ibanez reverse headstocks. I've got some PGMs, an RG565 in Laser Blue, and a 540P-II neck I put on my 540P Triple Coil that all have reverse, so I've become very fond of them. Although I used to have an RG550 I built with a lefty neck that the logo was upside down, now that looked goofy.

I completely agree about Jacksons, though. I almost can't stand to see a Jackson that isn't reverse.
post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 04:16 PM
Dee

Ibanez reverse looks "normal" to me. Certainly looks better than straight-up.

Tags
dot inlay , dot inlays , fret markers , maple fingerboard , maple fret , maple fretboard , monkey grip , reverse headstock , reverse headstocks , reversed headstock , rosewood board , scarf joint , truss rod , truss rod cover

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode