Ibanez RG1527 vs Schecter Hellraiser C-7 FR - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-30-2014, 06:29 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Ibanez RG1527 vs Schecter Hellraiser C-7 FR

Hello

I am in a search for my 7-stringer, altho i am kind of an old dog for new tricks.

a) i started to really dig the demos, videos and sound of
hellraiser c7 fr

b) while i found a real good deal on this prestige ibby :
ibanez rg 1527

facts/questions :
- I have average hands, palm is 10cm thumb->little finger so scale might be a problem
- i really like the Schecter's sound and looks, from the clips it sounds fantastic
- i am an ibby fan boy, since my ARZ800 performs really well
- the ibby prestige shreds really nice
- the ibby is more light? is the schecter a pain to hang on the shoulders?

I must go out and try them out, if i find any time.

Which one would you choose for "home" usage? I only shred at home. No gigs, no bands, no personal time, no personal life LOL, etc..

Also i had interest in UV70p, and RG927QMZ.

Any opinions on those two?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-30-2014, 03:23 PM

Re: Ibanez RG1527 vs Schecter Hellraiser C-7 FR

Hey man, this is a good question

Unfortunately I have not had the pleasure of playing either axe but, I know my guitars well and when I get a 7 string, it WILL be an Ibby. They pioneered the 7 string (think Vai's Universe). If all 7 string guitars were part of a solar system, Ibanez's Universe would be the SUN...

That makes me have a lot of confidence in them. The UV70P I played was AMAZING! Even an entry level GIO was pretty good for the price...
The fact that you're looking at the RG1527 which is a Prestige model means you'll never be disappointed with it The feel of the neck alone is a winner for me. I'd like to hear how the V77 and 88 pups sound!

Now, Schecter make really good guitars! This http://www.schecterguitars.com/inter...-21-252-detail looks awesome! I am sure it will play well. The hardware choice is very good too - so metal Those EMG's yo...

All in all, it's a close call I'd say. Please try them out first if at all possible. I'd love to do the same but, right off the bat, the Ibby is a winner for me. On the other hand it's hard to say without actually pitting both guitars against each other. One thing is for sure - the wood type and pickups in each guitar will make a distinct difference in sound. I can almost imagine the added bite and growl from the EMG's...
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-30-2014, 08:13 PM

Reviews: 2

The hell raiser has some really nice points to it (set neck, EMG's, mahogany body) They don't come with an OFR. They come with a Korean Floyd which means eventual stability problems.

The 1527 and the C-7 look, feel, and sound completely different. If I HAD to buy without trying, I wuld buy the 1527 only because of it's better quality hardware.

It may also help to know that the C-7 is MIK while the 1527 is MIJ.
post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-30-2014, 08:15 PM

Reviews: 2

......As Rolan said above- the EMG's FAR outperform the lethargic V7-7/V8-7 set in the 1527.
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-01-2014, 06:16 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolanTHUNDER View Post
Hey man, this is a good question

Unfortunately I have not had the pleasure of playing either axe but, I know my guitars well and when I get a 7 string, it WILL be an Ibby. They pioneered the 7 string (think Vai's Universe). If all 7 string guitars were part of a solar system, Ibanez's Universe would be the SUN...

That makes me have a lot of confidence in them. The UV70P I played was AMAZING! Even an entry level GIO was pretty good for the price...
The fact that you're looking at the RG1527 which is a Prestige model means you'll never be disappointed with it The feel of the neck alone is a winner for me. I'd like to hear how the V77 and 88 pups sound!

Now, Schecter make really good guitars! This schecter looks awesome! I am sure it will play well. The hardware choice is very good too - so metal Those EMG's yo...

All in all, it's a close call I'd say. Please try them out first if at all possible. I'd love to do the same but, right off the bat, the Ibby is a winner for me. On the other hand it's hard to say without actually pitting both guitars against each other. One thing is for sure - the wood type and pickups in each guitar will make a distinct difference in sound. I can almost imagine the added bite and growl from the EMG's...
Thanx!
I do not think EMGs are that hot. I have the EMG81 in another Ibanez of mine (ARZ800) and i would rate it kind of hot-ish in the medium output humbuckers category. Nothing close to SuperDist not to mention livewires!

I will definitely have to try them both.
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-01-2014, 06:17 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
The hell raiser has some really nice points to it (set neck, EMG's, mahogany body) They don't come with an OFR. They come with a Korean Floyd which means eventual stability problems.

The 1527 and the C-7 look, feel, and sound completely different. If I HAD to buy without trying, I wuld buy the 1527 only because of it's better quality hardware.

It may also help to know that the C-7 is MIK while the 1527 is MIJ.
Thanx bro, also the 1527 is for 950 EUROs while the C-7 for 1277 .
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-01-2014, 06:20 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
......As Rolan said above- the EMG's FAR outperform the lethargic V7-7/V8-7 set in the 1527.
Maybe, if those V7-7/V8-7 are REALLY low output HBs. Cause, i dont know, my EMG81/60 set, although i LOVE IT for its sound, harmonics, etc... it has two little problems :

a) not so hot
b) can be noisy under insane distortion, especially EMG81. SuperDist, livewires, fast tracks/chopper all sound less noisy
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-01-2014, 06:21 AM Thread Starter
Banned

My friends here is the page from the greek shop : (posted below)
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-01-2014, 06:22 AM Thread Starter
Banned

http://www.artmusic.gr/ibanez-rg-152...ara-p-722.html

How do you say? What year/specs is this?

If i get to play it, then i will have a look at its serial number.
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-01-2014, 09:22 AM Thread Starter
Banned

I have to drop that Ibanez. I called the GREEK dealer, and he said :

a) I cannot test it, inspect it, play it, see it, smell it, touch it before I order it, and pay it
b) I can return it, but only to buy smth of equal value, AND NOT MY MONEY BACK

Are those guys for real?

Anyways now i got gas for this one : http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/eg_...=35&color=CL01
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-02-2014, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by panix View Post
Thanx!
I do not think EMGs are that hot. I have the EMG81 in another Ibanez of mine (ARZ800) and i would rate it kind of hot-ish in the medium output humbuckers category. Nothing close to SuperDist not to mention livewires!

I will definitely have to try them both.
You really think the EMG81 isn't hot? Whenever I play it, I'm always happy with it's output... then again my D Activator X passive pickup in my RG470FM is HOT too

Did your ARZ come stock with the EMG's?
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-02-2014, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Yup
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-02-2014, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by panix View Post
I have to drop that Ibanez. I called the GREEK dealer, and he said :

a) I cannot test it, inspect it, play it, see it, smell it, touch it before I order it, and pay it
b) I can return it, but only to buy smth of equal value, AND NOT MY MONEY BACK

Are those guys for real?

Anyways now i got gas for this one : http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/eg_...=35&color=CL01
Looks like an epic guitar!! If you can afford it, please buy it! That baby is also a Prestige like the 1527 but has a mahogany back body (which will influence the sound in a different way to basswood although I'm not saying either wood type is better than the other) and Dimarzio PAF's with ceramic magnets - VERY cool, versatile yet hot enough pickups for chunky, low rhythms, punchy mids and smooth highs
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-03-2014, 06:07 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
You really think the EMG81 isn't hot? Whenever I play it, I'm always happy with it's output... then again my D Activator X passive pickup in my RG470FM is HOT too

Did your ARZ come stock with the EMG's?
yes stock. Well, i dont mean that EMG 81 is weak, i meant that this is average to hot.

However, as tone is concerned, i agree that the EMGs are the sweatest of all. Fantastic clean tone (my wife would give stares over this), ultra creamy leads, fantastic harmonics everywhere on the fretboard!
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-03-2014, 06:10 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Looks like an epic guitar!! If you can afford it, please buy it! That baby is also a Prestige like the 1527 but has a mahogany back body (which will influence the sound in a different way to basswood although I'm not saying either wood type is better than the other) and Dimarzio PAF's with ceramic magnets - VERY cool, versatile yet hot enough pickups for chunky, low rhythms, punchy mids and smooth highs
thanx Rolan,

is the Edge Zero -7 also chinese like Edge Zero II-7? I have read nasty stories on stripped plates about the latter.

Tags
hellraiser , rg1527 , rg927qmz , schecter , uv70p

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode