Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Ibanez rg1570 with very tall bridge pickup

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  jl2556 
#1 ·
Hi all! I've just bought my first ibanez rg prestige today. It needed a really good thorough clean up, but its turned out really nice! I gave it a full setup and I think it would play well if it wasnt for the bridge pickup being so high. Has anyone ever seen this sort of thing before? And what could I do to fix it?I'm wondering if ive done something wrong fix whilst setting it up.

I found out that the bridge pickup was changed to a dimarzio d-sonic. There is a tone zone in the neck.

Cheers all!

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I have unscrewed the pickups to see in the cavity. To me it looks like everything seems fine. The pickup in the neck is fine and I believe the cavities are the same depth. So it does honestly look like the ceramic magnet in the bridge pickup is making it taller than normal. Apparently this is s common occurrence with dimarzio ceramic pickups.

There is a tone zone in the neck, so im going to pop that into the bridge cavity and I'm ordering an air Norton for the neck cavity. Hopefully this will solve the problem.

#7 ·
Man, that is Beautiful. I had the Rusty Red one. I loved it. though it was indeed stolen from my mothers home. I would say that regardless of the stack thickness that bridge pickup is way up to high. I think the ceramic pickup might be wrong for that guitar. did you find out of the Air Norton Fit well? keep us updated here is a photo of my guitars pickup height.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.