Ibanez Rg1570's - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

Ibanez Rg1570's

Hello,
I was wondering, between 2 mirage blue 1570's, which pickup combination would be better.
Firstly, it's a drop sonic in the neck, still the s-1 in the middle, and the tone zone in the bridge.
Secondly, it's a PAF pro in the neck, sh-3 in the middle, and an evo in the bridge.
Please let me know asap as the first offer is ending soon
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 02:47 PM

Reviews: 11
Re: Ibanez Rg1570's

what kind of music are you playing? are you detuning? what amp are you using?

we need this info to help you. because all of those pickups sound good in basswood. but if you're a hardcore death metal player, theyre not going to be useful to you.

but i can already tell you that you can't have a d-sonic in the neck with a tone zone in the bridge. the D-Sonic has more output therefore it SHOULD be placed in the bridge
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.M.RG7620 View Post
what kind of music are you playing? are you detuning? what amp are you using?

we need this info to help you. because all of those pickups sound good in basswood. but if you're a hardcore death metal player, theyre not going to be useful to you.

but i can already tell you that you can't have a d-sonic in the neck with a tone zone in the bridge. the D-Sonic has more output therefore it SHOULD be placed in the bridge
Right now I'm just using a 15 watt line 6 spider iii. However, I'm looking to upgrade in the near future. I am a a huge rock fan, but I'm very diverse in my listening. TO list some, I'd say the the classics like chilli peppers, eric clapton guns n roses, metallica, zepellin, oasis etc. but also the up and comers like avenged sevenfold, mcr, greenday,system of a down, i could go on for days haha.
I just pulled the trigger on the one with the d-sonic and tone zone!!! How would you arrange them, and what extra pickups would you get etc. Any help appreciated! Can these two pickups not be used together?
Thanks
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 03:02 PM

Reviews: 11

Bridge: D-Sonic
Middle: Tone Zone S (yes, its a single coil!)
Neck: Tone Zone

this combo will get you very far. its very versatile and can do pretty much any form of rock, metal, etc. anything involving a distorted guitar

and if you didnt get the tone zone already, id go for an Air Norton in the neck. its a really smooth pickup thats great for solo'ing as well as jazz type stuff. and its a great compliment to the D-Sonic
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 03:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.M.RG7620 View Post
Bridge: D-Sonic
Middle: Tone Zone S (yes, its a single coil!)
Neck: Tone Zone

this combo will get you very far. its very versatile and can do pretty much any form of rock, metal, etc. anything involving a distorted guitar

and if you didnt get the tone zone already, id go for an Air Norton in the neck. its a really smooth pickup thats great for solo'ing as well as jazz type stuff. and its a great compliment to the D-Sonic
Thanks for the suggestion. Looks very tempting! Firstly, would this combo get me further than the one mentioned in my first post(with the sh3, paf pro)
Also, can you tell me some more about the tone zone s...should i get a true velvet instead?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 03:19 PM

Reviews: 1

Rock the Evo and Pro! There very hot sounding!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamm'n Jimmy View Post
Rock the Evo and Pro! There very hot sounding!
Uh oh...I just bought the other one...should I try and pull out..
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4hil_223 View Post
Uh oh...I just bought the other one...should I try and pull out..
I dont want to tell you that, I do know that I have bought a many a pick-ups over the years, to find out what I LIKE!
This is what you need to know, not what I like, nor the other guy, but what you do.
So keep your purchase IMO, and if you dont like it, call Dimarizo and hey will exchange it for you, keep your recipt!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 03:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamm'n Jimmy View Post
I dont want to tell you that, I do know that I have bought a many a pick-ups over the years, to find out what I LIKE!
This is what you need to know, not what I like, nor the other guy, but what you do.
So keep your purchase IMO, and if you dont like it, call Dimarizo and hey will exchange it for you, keep your recipt!
Will dimarzio really exchange pickups even if I bought a second-hand guitar? I bought it for a steal of 310. The other one is based in America, and he said he's going to try and find out if he can do international shipping. That's why I bought this, as i didn't want to take the risk of missing out on both . Also, I like the sound of a big, bassy sound of the tone zone and d-sonic. I'm not extremely experienced, so I'm basically going largely on opinions, reviews and research. It's a holiday weekend though in Canada so the guy can't tell me until tomorrow earliest. Not sure what to do!!!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Will dimarzio really exchange pickups even if I bought a second-hand guitar? I bought it for a steal of 310. The other one is based in America, and he said he's going to try and find out if he can do international shipping. That's why I bought this, as i didn't want to take the risk of missing out on both . Also, I like the sound of a big, bassy sound of the tone zone and d-sonic. I'm not extremely experienced, so I'm basically going largely on opinions, reviews and research. It's a holiday weekend though in Canada so the guy can't tell me until tomorrow earliest. Not sure what to do!!!
Honestly, Go with your gut here, what feels like the " right " one.
No, dimarizo will not exchange used ones, sorry I miss read.
but if you dont like what you receive, you buy a different one!
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 07:53 PM

Quote:
it's a drop sonic in the neck
Avoid doing that.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 01:54 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
Avoid doing that.
Yeah, that deal didn't go through in the end..

Tags
ibanez , rg 1570

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode