Ibanez RG1802SLK (info) - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-24-2005, 05:11 AM Thread Starter

Ibanez RG1802SLK (info)

It's in my opinion one of most beatyfull six string RG that was produced

My questions

How many of those are up there???
How much would I have to pay for it??
could someone that ones one could post some hi res pix

regards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-24-2005, 02:38 PM

Re: Ibanez RG1802SLK (info)

I'm pretty sure they were one of the J-Customs that were only produced in very small quantities (Rare as.....).
I've never seen one for sale and I doubt they'll appear for sale very often (if ever).

I think if you want one you'll just have to keep your eyes peeled on e bay and possibly the classifieds,but i wouldn't hold your breath,lol.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-24-2005, 02:51 PM

That model was produced in 1998. And yes, very few were made. Coming by one will be one of those "in the right place at the right time" type of deals.

Good luck. I'd search for something more... "acquirable" if I were you.

~R
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-24-2005, 04:21 PM Thread Starter

yes it;s a J-custom

there is a pic on ibanezreg*ster and only one guy posted pix with this model. I know that someone on this forum had this guitar and sell it not long ago.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 08:37 PM

Hi there all. I'm the Very Lucky and Very Proud owner of a JCRG1802SLK.
I bought it from a guy in germany through e*** for the very reasonable sum of €600 which is about $725 or £400.
Like someone said earlier It was a case of right place right time
I'm afraid I've no idea on numbers but from the serial no. I'd guess no more then 50
Some pics can be found here http://www.ibanezregister.com/Galler...-rg1802slk.htm
Mines not up on there yet but I've sent some in so fingers crossed!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 11:26 PM

Yeah, I have been keeping my out for one of those for the last two years or so, still no luck in acquiring one; that has got to be one the most elusive models I have tried to track down (I came close once, but the owner did not want to ship it out of the Netherlands). Anyway, it is an amazing guitar "in theory", basically I have not played one but I have played and owned J-Custom's from that year (mainly the RG-1822, which I owned for awhile); the necks on those earlier J-C's were exactly the same as the texas prestige and RG2020X which I love, they are thicker than anything I have ever played on (including my JCRG-3 and 8520's, which are pretty thick necks compared to the wizard shape of most RG's) but they just feel right to me, that and the 1802 has all of features I have ever wanted. Fleeeep, I would love to see some pictures of your 1802 if you have any.

By the way, on the topic of rare Ibanez models I recently acquired one of the more exotic Ibanez models from Japan, an RGR-620 (in natural), it kind of reminds me of a washburn Nuno Bettencourt model mixed with an Ibanez JPM, very cool, here is a pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM0139.jpg (46.4 KB, 35 views)
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 11:55 PM

Here ya go Soloist, not the best photo ever but best I have at the moment.
It's very hard to properly photo the colour of this guitar, it's a very dark green but often shows up as almost black.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 12:02 AM

here's another ok pic.
IF there are any other owners of this Particularily rare J-Custom I'd love to hear from you and see your own guitars.

Tags
ibanez jpm , ibanez models , nuno bettencourt , texas prestige

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode