Ibanez RG2550 always out of tune - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 07:27 AM Thread Starter

Ibanez RG2550 always out of tune

Hello, excuse me for my english... so i have an ibanez rg2550 with edge zero vibrato, when i use the tremolo, my guitar always going to be out of tune, so i dont know where's the problem :\ there's a video that show you the problem, strangely in the video the tuning are not so bad, but almost time it really bad :\

youtube.com/watch?v=Sh1SFdY3n2M&feature=player_embedded

thanks !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-14-2012, 12:36 AM

Re: Ibanez RG2550 always out of tune

No matter how good a guitar is or how much you paid for it, it's only as good as the setup. So the best thing to do is buy from a dealer that inspects and sets up the guitars before shipping them, and second best thing to do is find a local guitar repair shop that's skilled at working with locking trem equipped guitars such as RGs. The best person for the job will charge you more than
you want to pay, take a minimum of an hour if not several hours, and deliver an instrument back to you instead of just a guitar. That's the best advice I can give you - from experience. No out of the box guitar is going to play perfectly - that's like looking for the Loch Ness Monster or Bigfoot. But with a great setup, any guitar can sound and play better.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-14-2012, 08:58 AM

Re: Ibanez RG2550 always out of tune

Go through all the setup info on this site and ibanez rules, tons of important setup information there. I was having grief with my 2550z. Found that the little felt like rubbing blocks on the zero stop had moved out of place and was stopping the bar from returning to a neutral position. Also I put new strings on, and that made s big difference in the stability. I would learn the trem system and how to tune it, once you have that figured out, you can tune any bridge when you need to, knowledge is easy to carry around and use.

Tags
edge zero , ibanez , out of tune , rg2550

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode