Ibanez RG270 Replacement bridges? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-16-2018, 11:12 PM Thread Starter

Ibanez RG270 Replacement bridges?

I'll admit ive done some research, but i cant find conclusive answers. What bridge comes with the RG270, the edge 3 or the SLT 101? And is an OFR direct drop in replacement? If it isnt, is it a bridge stud problem or cavity size issue? Also, what nut would i need to match the fretboard radius and nut width of the 270?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-17-2018, 05:49 AM

Re: Ibanez RG270 Replacement bridges?

Quote:
Originally Posted by That635Guy View Post
I'll admit ive done some research, but i cant find conclusive answers. What bridge comes with the RG270, the edge 3 or the SLT 101? And is an OFR direct drop in replacement? If it isnt, is it a bridge stud problem or cavity size issue? Also, what nut would i need to match the fretboard radius and nut width of the 270?
The SLT-101 is a single locking trem, it's also non-lo-pro system whereas the Edge III is a lo-pro system with double locking, so the differences are clearly visible and easily spotted.

Which type do you have? Pretty much all RG270's come with a single locking trem but they all have a locknut already so you wouldn't need to change that anyway.

An OFR should drop straight in but it seems excessive for such a lowly model, maybe buy a FR Special instead, good enough for that guitar without breaking the bank.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-17-2018, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sepulchrave View Post
The SLT-101 is a single locking trem, it's also non-lo-pro system whereas the Edge III is a lo-pro system with double locking, so the differences are clearly visible and easily spotted.

Which type do you have? Pretty much all RG270's come with a single locking trem but they all have a locknut already so you wouldn't need to change that anyway.

An OFR should drop straight in but it seems excessive for such a lowly model, maybe buy a FR Special instead, good enough for that guitar without breaking the bank.
Well ive got a Jewel Blue with chrome bridge and nut. I want to change them to black because I like the looks, and i might as well go for better quality. If i go with the special, ill have to replace it eventually, whereas if i maybe find a used black ofr for maybe 100 bucks its the same price as the special but better quality.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-17-2018, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by That635Guy View Post
Well ive got a Jewel Blue with chrome bridge and nut. I want to change them to black because I like the looks, and i might as well go for better quality. If i go with the special, ill have to replace it eventually, whereas if i maybe find a used black ofr for maybe 100 bucks its the same price as the special but better quality.
Ok, so you'll need an R3 locking nut for 12" radius fretboard. It will probably say on the bottom of your original nut if you take it off to look.

Do whatever you like, it's your money and your guitar.

Tags
edge 3 , floyd rose , ibanez , rg270 , slt101

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode