Ibanez Rg350ex Tuning Problem Plz help - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

View Poll Results: Behringer Amplifiers Or Peavey Amplifiers Which iS Better?
Behringer 3 11.11%
Peavey 24 88.89%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 01:20 AM Thread Starter

Question Ibanez Rg350ex Tuning Problem Plz help

Hi
I just got a brand New Ibanez rg350ex and im having a problem with the Edge III Tremelo System. When i tune it, i undo the locking nuts then tune it normally, once ive done that I do them up. then i find That they are out by bout half a step or so, so i use the tremelo system tuning knob thingos lol. i will do the E sting, then the A, then the D and by the time i have finished with alll of them they are out of tune again by about half a step. Its confusing, and i want to play along with music and that but i cant, So Can Anyone Please send me some steps or somthing on How to Tune an Rg350ex properly. Thanks Heaps
I Hope Someone Can Help Me,
Matt

[email protected]

Last edited by iIbaneZz; 01-06-2006 at 01:27 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 02:46 AM

Re: Ibanez Rg350ex Tuning Problem Plz help

I'm guessing this is your first guitar with a floating bridge. Well, the first thing that you need to do is to STRETCH THE STRINGS. I found that even the stock strings needed quite a bit of stretching before they would stay in tune properly. After that, check the angle of your trem and make sure that the knife edges are parallel with the body and the neck. If they aren't, then adjust the spring tension from the back and then retune the guitar until it's set up properly.

After that, make sure that you have all the fine tuners set about half way between being able to be screwed in and screwed out so that you can fine tune the guitar once you lock the neck down. Then you just fine tune back and forth on the strings until all of them are tuned properly. After you've changed strings on the guitar several times, you'll get used to doing this and will even learn what to tune the strings to so that when you tune the other strings, the strings that you previously tuned go to where you actually want them to be.

For a more in-depth explanation, check out Rich's tech section on floating trems.

http://www.ibanezrules.com/tech/setup/index.htm
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 10:01 PM Thread Starter

Smile Re: Ibanez Rg350ex Tuning Problem Plz help

Hey Man Thanks SOOO MUCH that Really helped. I stretched The Stings As U Said And HAHA it worked. Ive been playing it soo Much. All i need now is A new amplifier. Im Probally gonna go for A behringer, Gmx212, My friends just got one, and my guitar sounded like a dream through it!

Thanks Alot For Ur Help, And That Site U wrote, Thats a helpful site

Thanks
Matt
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 12:59 AM

As far as solid state goes, I only use Line 6 amps because they are great bang for your buck amplifiers. If I had the money for a new tube amp, then I'd probably check out the B-52 AT-100 Tri-Mode Rectifier because they're pretty affordable to be tube amps and the one I played in Guitar Center gave me goosebumps for days.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 04:26 AM Thread Starter

Re: Amplifiers

Ive only got this Little crappy 15Watt Ashton Amp lol. It sounds Crap. The Other day I tried my best mates New amp, And It sounded Amazing with my guitar. I dont Know Much About Amps, what is a tube amp? btw i live in australia lol, the Rg350Ex has only just come into australia and im one of the first here to have the new one lol, On the website it has A white Scratch Plate on it, But mine has a chrome scratch Plate its soo sexy. thanks for your help with it by the way, U saved me Money Haha
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 05:41 AM

i got a lx1200 head with a cab from behringer and a small 15 peavey..i like both...teh behringer is great for the money...but u see..its just digital n solid state...most professionals tend to refuse it...i m in a presure situation caz my friends got a Mesa triple rect..and hes tellin me to upgrade the amps...if i have $$$..i will get a nice tube amp...but for band for ur bucks..behringer will do fine..for practising...btw..the digital lines are beter thn the analog modeling on behringer
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-09-2006, 06:18 AM Thread Starter

Talking Re: Ibanez Rg350ex Tuning Problem Plz help

Im going to A couple of guitar Shops soon and Im gonna test Out Peavey and Behringer and Compare the Two, The Amplifiers ill be looking at are the Peavey Bandit 112 and the behringer Gmx212. Ive used the Behringer and its a great sounding amp. The thing is i wanna know what tube amps are, i dont understand much about amps lol. ive been using my crappy ashton for 4 years lol. If i like The behringer better i can have a big save on it lol. In shops it retails for $600 australian. But on E B A Y a shop called Drumpower Have it BRAND NEW FOR $450. lol thats pretty amazing. soo With the Extra money plus alil extra i can get my Morley Bad Horsey II Wah Pedal! Cant wait lol
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 09:56 AM

From Guitar101.com......

The ďtube ampĒ is the original guitar amplifier. It gets its name from the fact that it is run by power tubes, vacuum-sealed glass bubbles with all kinds of electronic gadgetry nestled inside. There are different kinds of tubes that can be used, and there are slight differences in the sounds of the different kinds of tubes. There are even slight differences between the sounds produced by individual tubes of the exact same make and model because of the sensitivity of its inner workings, but all of these differences are subtle and can be hard to even detect at times.

The difference between a tube amp and a solid state amp, though, is fairly large. For a simple example, imagine the difference between a record player and a CD player. A tube amp is like a record player. There are subtle flaws in the sound, but the flaws generally tend to add warmth and depth to the overall tone. And if you crank the volume, the sound generally starts to clip or produce a distortion that also adds warmth and depth to the tone.

At least that is how a proponent of the tube amp would describe it to you. A critic would say that a tube amp is unreliable. The tone could be different on any given day, depending on things like the weather and the amount of fluorescent lights in the immediate vicinity. He would also say that if you ever blew out a tube (which will happen from time to time) you would never be able to count on recovering the same tone that you had before with the replacement tube.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 03:38 PM

Reviews: 120

Where in Australia are you iIbanezZ? I'd also recommend looking at the kustom solid state combo series. I have a KGA65 and it's a great amp for practicing by yourself, jamming with a band and gigs. Great on the wallet too.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 09:55 PM Thread Starter

Wink Re: Ibanez Rg350ex Tuning Problem Plz help

Hey Lone Phantom, Im In Sydney Nsw, Aust. Ive been thinking About the Kustom Amplifiers, Ive HEard they Are a Great Buy. lol Im not sure what amp to get, im a bit lost.
Where about are u In the World Lone Phantom, Btw My name is Matt<
Oh hang on I see Ur From Canberra. I Gather Youd Know Of Pro Audio? Music Shop there. I got My
Rg350ex From, they shipped it to me For Just $15 How good is that, and The retail Price is about $1200 and they Sold It To me For Just $815, And its A wicked Guitar Im happy with it, lol Apart From My lil Tuning problem i had, but lyconxero helped with that prob, and its totally resolved.

Cya

Tags
edge iii trem , floating trems , guitar shop , locking nut , locking nuts , peavey bandit , scratch plate , solid state amp , tube amp , tube amps , wah pedal

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode