Ibanez RG350m Pickguard Template, Same as RG350DX/EX? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 12:52 AM Thread Starter

Ibanez RG350m Pickguard Template, Same as RG350DX/EX?

This is my first post.

Sorry if this has been discussed before, I looked and couldn't find a thing on the topic. I want to order a custom pick guard for my guitar. It is an Ibanez RG350M. My question is, are the pick guards for the Ibanez models RG350DX/RG350EX and RG350M the same? I can only find templates for the former, not specifically an RG350m, and I don't want to have to remove my pick guard and trace it for fear of getting a pick guard that doesn't even fit. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 09:37 AM

Re: Ibanez RG350m Pickguard Template, Same as RG350DX/EX?

I bought a custom pickguard from either perleguitars or jeanie pickguards from ebay. When i got it, the holes didnt line up, so I had to mail them my pickguard so they could trace it and cut it properly. When I got the finished product though, it was well worth it.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 09:57 AM

Really??? I always thought that all RG models (and even Jems) had the same pickguard but varying colors and maybe quality. I'd like to know if that is true because i also want a new pickguard for my RG550 and don't want to get the wrong one...

Saludos!!
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 11:08 AM

I thought they were the same also, but I guess their just slightly different enough to not match up.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 02:47 PM

Your best best it to trace your old pickguard on paper and scan them in to a PDF file.
It won't fit on one 8.5 x 11, you'll need to use two.
I made the two traces so they would overlap and could be taped together after printing them out.
Scan them in to PDF files not jpeg.
Jpeg images resize a little and mess everything up.
Then you can Email them to anyone you want to make the pickguard.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 04:02 PM

Reviews: 120

I'd say that the pickguards are the same for all of the 3XX series. I personally wouldn't be too concerned about it.

If you are uncertain do as sebastian said and trace the pickguard, and scan it in as a pdf. That way the people who end up making your guard can confirm if what they have on file will work for you, and if it won't they can cut one to match yours.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 06:19 PM

Reviews: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan80 View Post
I thought they were the same also, but I guess their just slightly different enough to not match up.
actually, they're different between Korean/Indo and Japanese. They all also differ depending on which trem was used in a particular guitar. The guard for an Edge-Pro guitar is different compared to a Lo-Pro/Edge guitar or an EZ guitar.

Like LP and Sebastian said..........send in a template for them to work with. Your guaranteed a good fit. Most sellers have instructions on how to make a good template on their websites.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 07:05 PM

Reviews: 9

Send a template or download them from pearle and make sure they match. They are not all the same.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode