Ibanez RG3550MZGK - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-17-2015, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

Ibanez RG3550MZGK

I ordered Rich's last one of these, $1250 with the Silver Package, absolute steal in my opinion. Should be in next week!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-17-2015, 07:59 PM
Vendor

Re: Ibanez RG3550MZGK

The next time I blow out a guitar I think I've already done a silver package on, I'll be physically checking to make sure I actually did the package!
Rich is online  
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-18-2015, 12:14 AM

Nice! Congrats on a beautiful guitar! Post some pics once you get it. Is it the one with the dot inlays?
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-18-2015, 10:35 PM Thread Starter

Absolutely the dot inlays, I hate the shark blah blah blahs.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-20-2015, 12:55 PM

Congrats man! Can't wait to see her!!
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-22-2015, 10:00 PM Thread Starter

No way you could get more guitar than this for $1250 shipped, with the Rich Harris Silver Package. This is an amazing specimen. I bought a Premium Blue Floral Jem from Rich earlier this year and this RG3550, in my opinion, blows it away in build quality. The neck is sick on this guitar. Not to mention the case which is most likely the nicest I have ever owned. Trying to post pics but the site says I have to have 10 posts!
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-22-2015, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-22-2015, 10:21 PM
Vendor

It was too cheap for how much those cost when they were current, but a new 655M gives you just as much guitar for even a little cheaper. That's IMO why that guitar sat around as long as it did. It's had really stiff competition. I was clearing room anticipating 2016 only to find there's not a lot new I have to worry about. There's plenty new, there always is, just not models I'd inventory. So I've been clearing room I didn't really need to

It's always good day when a guitar finds the right home!
Rich is online  
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-22-2015, 10:57 PM Thread Starter

I have said this before and I will say it again: I can't imagine that anyone would buy an Ibanez guitar without buying from Rich at ibanezrules.com. You will not know what I mean until you have actually experienced the quality and customer service provided.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-22-2015, 11:05 PM
Vendor

I remember you saying that, I think I have a few times

Mom always told you if it's too good to be true it probably is. Every now and then it actually isn't.
Rich is online  
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-23-2015, 02:27 AM

Very sharp indeed! Congrats on both of your guitars, plus you got them from Rich. I had the RG3250 DY, which was originally from him, possibly the best setup instrument I played, I think it had the Silver package as well.

My dot inlayed RG's here as well today. Now for the locking stud setup....hmm!! Glad you don't have to deal with these issues out of the box.... Congratulations.

Which pickups do you prefer? How does the TZ compare to the Gravity Storm bridge?
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-23-2015, 12:17 PM

Reviews: 10

awesome guitar!!! I have a 2550zgk - they are great guitars and I'm pretty sure you will love it! Congrats!!!
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-23-2015, 08:59 PM

Reviews: 2

Obviously a great pair of guitars 77P....congratulations!

It's funny. I've noticed that, even with these guitars available at any number of retailers, There's a certain sense of accomplishment once you've started buying from Rich. For me at least, It feels like FINALLY being part of the "cool crowd".
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-23-2015, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeesan View Post
Very sharp indeed! Congrats on both of your guitars, plus you got them from Rich. I had the RG3250 DY, which was originally from him, possibly the best setup instrument I played, I think it had the Silver package as well.

My dot inlayed RG's here as well today. Now for the locking stud setup....hmm!! Glad you don't have to deal with these issues out of the box.... Congratulations.

Which pickups do you prefer? How does the TZ compare to the Gravity Storm bridge?
I used to have a GS in my old 1550.

The best thing I can say (since I sold the 1550 a few months ago) is that the GS has a little less bottom end and more versatile overall. IIRC it has a little lower output than the TZ, but it definitely sounds good. I like the TZ also for it can do, it just depends what you want out of the pickup.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-24-2015, 12:01 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
Obviously a great pair of guitars 77P....congratulations!

It's funny. I've noticed that, even with these guitars available at any number of retailers, There's a certain sense of accomplishment once you've started buying from Rich. For me at least, It feels like FINALLY being part of the "cool crowd".
I agree about Rich. I have a GC five minutes from me and have never seen a Premium or Prestige Ibanez at my location. Never bought a guitar anywhere that is as pristine as the guitars that come from Ibanez rules.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode