ibanez rg370 vs esp ltd m100fm - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 12:57 PM Thread Starter

ibanez rg370 vs esp ltd m100fm

i had a few questions.
1. which of the two guitars in the subject line would you recommend? which one has hotter pickups?
2. whats the difference b/w rg370 and rg370dx, or are they the same model?
3. i keep hearing about problems with the floyd rose on the rg370, whats this all about? are they minor issues or something you can live with?
4. how do i find out what year an ibanez guitar was made in. i was planning on buying this model from a store and i just wanna make sure its new cause i heard that the 2005 models have different pickups than older models.. is this true?

thanks in advance for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 03:39 PM

Re: ibanez rg370 vs esp ltd m100fm

1. No idea.
2. The difference in a DX model is usually a few cosmetic details... Sharktooth inlays as opposed to dots. Binding on the neck. That sort of thing.
3. There are bad Floyds and there are great Floyds. If you're buying a newer 370, you'll get either an Edge Pro II or an Edge III - both are fine.
4. Generally the first two digits will give this away. For most (all?) of the lower end Ibanez line, 2005 models received an upgrade from Powersound to Infinity pickups. An improvement. These models were all upgraded a couple years ago to Edge Pro II bridges from the crappy LoTRS II. Also, I believe all the 2005 models now have a 3 piece Wizard II neck with no scarf joint.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 08:53 PM

The LTD M100fm is a pretty decent guitar actually, but you may be better off with the RG370. The necks on the RG370 and the M100 are VERY different if you didn't try them yet. The RG has more of a u-shape neck where as the ltd has a soft V neck. Try 'em both before you buy them. I used to own a M350 and it rocked except for the trem (the trems on the LTD's unless they're an OFR are actually the same as the Lo-TRS trems).
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 11:08 PM

i suggest going with ibanez.. but get a used 517 or higher for the better tremolo and hotter pickups (even though you should probably change any of the stock ones). i think i mentioned this to the same guy on guitarists.net forum. the price for a new 370 will probably be right around the same as a great conditioned 570 or similar
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-13-2005, 02:15 PM

I think that in almost any case, if you know what to look for, a used guitar or used anything really is a much better value than a new one. Just my opinion but I think alot of people would agree with me.
Galen.

Tags
floyd rose , scarf joint , sharktooth inlay , sharktooth inlays , trs trems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode