Ibanez RG3XXV - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-23-2015, 12:07 AM Thread Starter

Ibanez RG3XXV

I'm having a really hard time selling my brand new mint condition Ibanez RG3XXV. What should I be asking?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-23-2015, 07:56 PM

Reviews: 2
Re: Ibanez RG3XXV

IMO, your asking price is more than fair, especially if your willing to negotiate, but I can say that because I've now had two of them. I KNOW how good they are.

As I see it, your up against two walls wich drive down the price you'll probably sell it for:

First, NAMM is just around the corner. Here at Jemsite, this is the time everyone tightens their wallets in anticipation of what might come in January. I myself have cut off all miscellaneous spending in hopes for a new model I can buy in the New Year.

Second, No matter how many people scream about the great attributes of the 3xxv, It's always going to have been made in Indonesia. On Jemsite, for the most part, If it's not MIJ- it's a toy. Add to that the current blowouts going on around the country, and your paddling upstream.

They're selling between $300 and $400 regularly on ebay. Put a Killer add up there with tons of good pics and a good description and you should get $400, maybe more.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-31-2016, 05:16 PM

I have the very same one.

My plays as good or better than mij prestiges.
Of course, it was bought and tweaked by Rich at ibanez rules.

Mine will never leave. I would sell my rg520qs before it.

I love the maple fretboard!
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-01-2016, 06:00 AM

That's a nice guitar. It's a heck of a lot guitar for $400 if that is in fact what the used market is bringing? Everyone's situation is different but if me I'd hold off on selling it for such a loss, especially if it's a good player. Good luck in your decision.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-02-2016, 10:11 AM

I wanted to buy one of these, but the terrible fretwork on the one in store put me off. Crappy fretwork seems to be a running theme for the 3XXV.

Gear:
RG 2550 w/ evo2 breed neck
SZ520 paf pro neck stock bridge
RG920 Premium
Jem7V-WH
Marshall Haze 15
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-03-2016, 07:46 PM

For the last couple of months I've watched a few of this sell on Ebay for $400-450, used, mint. I found one in Lazer Blue, 800 miles away on craigslist for $150. Guy had it shipped for 35 bucks and it showed up last Saturday. It's in pristine condition except one tiny dent on the back less than the size of a match head. Score!!
This guitar is pretty nice. I can't believe they're selling for less than $500
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralout1 View Post
For the last couple of months I've watched a few of this sell on Ebay for $400-450, used, mint. I found one in Lazer Blue, 800 miles away on craigslist for $150. Guy had it shipped for 35 bucks and it showed up last Saturday. It's in pristine condition except one tiny dent on the back less than the size of a match head. Score!!
This guitar is pretty nice. I can't believe they're selling for less than $500
It's an obvious fact that a lot of guitar players, especially the ones that would spend time on a forum, are not ready for a axe made in some of these countries where production has moved do to rising cost. Quality or not.

I see it here, somebody will ask about this new guitar that new guitar and the response is usually the same - buy a used 80's - 90's MIJ whatever.

Bottom line: as long as there are choices, the urge to live in the glorious past will continue to exist.

Btw, there was a time when a guitar MIJ was frowned upon.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode