Ibanez RG450dx vs PRS SE Singlecut - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

Ibanez RG450dx vs PRS SE Singlecut

hey im lookin to buy a new guitar and ive come up with two choices a new PRS SE singlecut and a Ibanez RG450dx in white. now ive played the prs se and it sounds pretty nice, good tonee and all but i was als oconsidering buying hte used RG for $300 and putting in new pickups and potentially a floyd rose in it cuz i can get one pretty cheap. now the prs is 650 plus tax and im seeing the ibanez costing me around 500 with pickups and just over 600 with the floyd rose. i play mostly classic rock, blues improv once in a while some metallica, basically anyhting that sounds good lol. so if u guys can give me ur opinions on the two that would be great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 11:52 AM

Reviews: 12
Red face Re: Ibanez RG450dx vs PRS SE Singlecut

PRS if you just want to play right now without the wait/hassle of swapping/replacing parts, or the Ibanez if you don't mind the BS that goes with the work...
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 04:33 PM

Reviews: 120
Re: Ibanez RG450dx vs PRS SE Singlecut

The PRS SEs are a great guitar for the money. Considering what you like to play i think that might be the best pick.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 12:02 AM
MFB

PRS, in my opinion, can do any sound very well. Best example of this : Mikael Akerfeldt. All the stuff for he does for Opeth, he uses a PRS. And that includes :

Cleans, Jazzy, Metal, Blues, Leads

I've yet to hear a bad sound from that mans guitar
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 10:48 AM

Reviews: 2

The Ibanez RG450dx is a very good guitar. The tremolo do not need changed. It's a very good tremolo. Lo-TRS is a very good trem, maybe better than Floyd Rose, no need to change. The only thing you need to change are pups.

Anyway the PRS makes really good guitars.

This all come to tremolo.
If you need tremolo you go for RG450dx. If you don't need tremolo go for PRS.

Tags
ibanez rg , prs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode