Ibanez RG4EXQM1- need some help - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 08:27 PM Thread Starter

Ibanez RG4EXQM1- need some help

Hey Everyone,

I used to be a Gibson player, but I have fallen in love with Ibanez guitars and I won't be going back.

I have an Ibanez RG4EXQM1, and I want to fix it up a bit.

First, my edge iii bridge is missing the screw that is used to adjust the vibrato arm height. Does anyone know where I could find one?

Also, I am looking to replace the Infinity pickups with some that have better sustain. I've heard a Tone Zone/ Air Norton combo works well with a basswood body. Do you have any suggestions?

I would love to hear any other advice on maintenance and upgrades anyone with Ibanez experience has.

Thank you so much,

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 08:33 PM

Reviews: 11
Re: Ibanez RG4EXQM1- need some help

ibanezrules.com
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 12:07 AM

Yes, replace the edge 3 as soon as possible. Also Dimarzio and Seymour Duncan have pick-up selectors on their sites where you put in what you have and what you want out of the pick-ups and they make suggestions for you.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-08-2011, 09:44 PM Thread Starter

thanks
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-08-2011, 10:01 PM

Reviews: 2

Welcome to Jemsite dbenn!!

Like penguin said.. www.IbanezRules.com for parts...... there's simply no better alternative for Ibanez parts....... Rich is the king, and his prices/service are second to none.

For upgrades I would first replace the trem with an Edge-Pro....it's a direct replacement, but I would seriously consider upgrading the studs and anchors to a locking set at the same time. Email Rich about these parts as well.

The TZ/AN pickup combo is a favorite among us Ibanez freaks for a reason!!! They really do work great in basswood guitars..........I would say as well as the Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz sets do in alder USA Jacksons!!!

Tags
edge 3 , help me out , ibenez

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode