Ibanez RG521?? - Anyone seen it? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-24-2001, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

Ibanez RG521?? - Anyone seen it?

My dream guitar is an Ibanez RG H/H with a fixed bridge, just like on the new 7 string. Someone told me that the RG521 has one, but I have never seen any pics of one. Can anyone help me out? Have there been other RG models with a fixed bridge? I think it's strange that Ibaenz dosen't have a 6 stringed hardtail with the 7 string hardtail being out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-24-2001, 02:34 PM

Ibanez RG521??

You could try the SC series guitars from Ibanez... not quite an RG, but very nice. Or get an RG520 and stick a big block of wood in the way of the trem.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-24-2001, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

Ibanez RG521??

Yes, I got the same advice on the FDP, but the SC series is not really what I want, and I don't like the idea of having 3 pounds of scrap metal attached to my bridge.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-24-2001, 02:41 PM

Ibanez RG521??

The RG 470 FX was an H-S-H hard tail....

That is the only one I ever owned....
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-24-2001, 02:44 PM Thread Starter

Ibanez RG521??

Is that guitar still being made becalvert?
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-24-2001, 03:15 PM

Ibanez RG521??

RT's are very nice too if you can find one. *I don't know if they made any other than a 12 string with a hard tail, but they do come equipped with a vintage trem.

Other features include an Alder RG style body, H-S-H pickups w/5 way & coil tap, a Viper neck and locking tuners.

Your other option on the high end of Ibanez is the USRG 10, which is a hard tail that features the PBC neck, H-H DiMarzios and nice tops!
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-24-2001, 08:32 PM

Ibanez RG521??

I too was on this quest a while back, and all I found was the :

RG521, rare as you said.
RG470FX, seen one once, that was about it. before I was into Ibanez.

USRG10, I think thats the model. another rare one. US made, not exactly cheap. on EBAY from time to time...

Thats about the only RG hardtails I could find.

Ever since I looked into it, it seems like LOTS of people have done the same thing. Maybe Ibanez will listen.

Ive thought about blocking the trem on one of my 550's, but that kinda defeats the purpose, you still have that hunk of metal there(not that I hate trems, just a change would be nice), and you lose the string-though-body sound(more sustain, etc...)

Scott

You can find all these on EBAY, but it depends on what your willing to spend...
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-25-2001, 01:38 AM
Vendor

Ibanez RG521??

Isn't this a 4 series RG hardtail? It's signed so it's gotta be worth what they're asking (smell that?)
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-25-2001, 08:47 AM

Ibanez RG521??

Uh...unless I'm mistaken, that's got a vintage trem on it Rich. *Looks like a 120 to me.

A couple of the PGM models had fixed bridges as well.

I know it's probably heresy to say this , but you might want to check out a Carvin. *24 frets, thin necks, pointy shape, and available with fixed bridges, in just about any color or wood combo you might wamt. *They even offer piezo bridges now. *I own one of their bolt kits, and it's an amazing guitar for what it cost.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-25-2001, 12:37 PM

Ibanez RG521??

There's a nice green-to-blue sunburst Ibanez RG with hardtail at a local pawnshop I've been looking at. *I'm not sure of the model, and I can't remember if it was H/H or H/S/H. *I'll double check it for you though and give you more info if you're interested.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-25-2001, 01:16 PM

Ibanez RG521??

If my memory is correct, I think the RG470FX has black hardware, and I think it had the HSH config.

I too think that is a 120. Which I did think about getting, and locking the trem, but, I dont know about Agithis. I like my basswood.

I have considered a Carvin. But, Ive never actually seen one. But, a lot of the construction is different(neck through, etc...) And I dont know how much different it would be.

Scott
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-25-2001, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

Ibanez RG521??

Let's all mail Ibanez and ask for a hardtail H/H RG right now! Strength in numbers! let's just hope they get it...
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-25-2001, 04:44 PM

Ibanez RG521??

Let's NOT (e)mail Ibanez. *
Let their R&D team kick much booty and not worry about reading letters.

There is strength in numbers, but 1% isn't much "numbers".
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-25-2001, 04:48 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
Ibanez RG521??

Quote:
Let's all mail Ibanez and ask for a hardtail H/H RG right now! Strength in numbers! let's just hope they get it.
Along with what Kevan said (albeit more diplomatic)... PLEASE DO NOT email ibanez , as it will only serve to waste time by notifying the wrong staff members handling the email. If you want to POST in the FORUM here you can be assured your voice will be heard, in a non-intrusive and friendly manner. Use the "comments to ibanez" area and make a legible, credible post ...glen

(Edited by jemsite at 4:49 pm on May 25, 2001)
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-25-2001, 06:57 PM

Ibanez RG521??

Go ahead and email them. *Last time I checked, (although congress is run by the Dummycrats now), *it is still a free country! * *just don't mention Jemsite :lame:

But sadly, chances are you won't get much attention that way.

I too forgot about the PGM's. *They are really nice guitars!
Closed Thread

Tags
coil tap , fixed bridge , locking tuners , piezo bridge , vintage trem , viper neck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode