Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Ibanez RG565

8K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  marianozz 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I got this dude who wants to sell his 88/92 RG565 for around £350

Here is the pic http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/1072/p1060141du5.jpg

He said that as he wanted two singles he took the body from '88 560 and replaced rest of the hardware. He reckons this maple wizard is a word clas neck, espiecially with reversed headstock ;)

Anyway, this axe is in mind condition and I'm kind a interested in buying it (I really want to have something with maple neck ;))

Do you think £350/$500 is a good price for it?

I was thinking about getting AT100 for christmas, but now I think it may fit the spot as good as AT ;)

#5 ·
$500 for a pieced-together guitar is high to me. Nice RG560's regularly run around $300 here, so you have to decide if that neck is worth the extra $200. If you're thinking about that as an alternative to an AT100, they're not even in the same ballpark with one another. Totally different neck profiles, trems, fit and finish, etc. That's a good looking guitar, don't get me wrong. And maybe for the UK $500's decent for an RG. But I agree with Marianozz - it's not an RG565. Chrome hardware is also non-original to the 565. But if you like it, that's all that matters!

#6 ·
Grabbed it a little cheaper that $500

There is a big difference in prices between UK and US anyway ;) I doubt you would pick a good RG560 for $300 here ;)

The extra 200 hmm.

Dude said that only the mody is from 560 rest is from 565. Additionally he installed planet waves autotrimming machines there, the neck pickup is a fast track with tap coil, middle is some original fender taken from '60 american strat. The bridge is paf pro.

He changed the tremolo bolts (the ones that get into contact with blades), installed shaller tremsetter and straplocks.

Also OHSC from '92 ;)

Anyway with the AT100, I dont want to make it look and feel the same, but to sound a little bit closer to it

So probably will put some cruisers to test how this will work together. If not I will try to sell it and will wait for AT100

I have three ibanez guitars at home, and not a single one would make me entirely happy.

The H-H 2008 JCustom, is a great axe, but is hard to record on it (it doesnt fogive any mistakes ;)) and is not designed for wide variety of styles (especially after installing paf pro and d sonic ;)), so I have it for any progressive jams I like to play.

SAS32FM, is my first serious guitar ;P Keeping it because I love it so much ;) Replaced pickups for a set od DM Airs and it sounds something like thin LP would ;)

'92 RG570, with joe satriani set of pups. This is probably the most versatile so far.

Fender 50th anniv, american deluxe I think dunno exactly. Dont like the neck, dont like the lance sensors, dont like the pearl pickguard etc Great for blues jams tho

So hopefully I will find a mix of all this guitars in this 562.5.

#7 ·
A guitar is worth what you are willing to pay for it. Not what someone else says it's worth. When it comes to guitars that are non original, value is quite subjective. Some guys around here would say it's value has dropped. But that's their opinion, which I would disregard since they aren't the one that are buying it. It may very well have been improved, increasing the value. Stock means nothing. Ibanez guitars, especially RG's generally benefit from mods. As did your new guitar. Now, if you are talking resale value, that may very well be different. Not everyone will value a guitar the same s you. But, you aren't buying it to sale it, your buying it to own and play it. :)

Post some clips of that baby!

#10 ·
"A guitar is worth what you are willing to pay for it. Not what someone else says it's worth."

Yep, I'm usually saying the same thing to people asking for guitar price on my 'home' board.

Problem is that it was generally hard to find these models anywhere so I could really get a price comparison ;)

But this wasn't the biggest problem. The biggest one was that I liked this guitar from the first glance at the picture, and probably would pay whatever the guy said (well as long as it would be resonable ;)), so to aoid loosing more money than needed I just wanted to make sure ;)

Anyway, had to do oversees transfer so it will be on the sellers account only on Monday ;(

If everything will be fine, it will be shipped on Wed and hopefully with me on Fri.

Will sure post some pictures. So far I have some shots that the guy made. CAUTION, proper vintage :D

http://download.thornag.org/rg565

Yep I am planning to get a black pickguard for it and probhablu repaint the body ;)

#17 ·
Checked,

The owner before previous owner wanted to be smart and because the black paint got off the screws he painted the bridge with some dodgy black pain o_O

So the previous owner had it all stripped and 'chromed' in some workshop, hence there is no trace of black screws ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.