Ibanez RG570 - Beginners guitar? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-21-2002, 05:20 PM Thread Starter

Ibanez RG570 - Beginners guitar?

I found good deals on this guitar which means I would have money left AFTER the deal
But I want a guitar that lasts something that could be enough even if I were a rockstar touring around the world. I probably could replace pu's after some time... Do you consider it a beginners guitar only or good for advanced ones too??

Also, is this a good guitar?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-21-2002, 07:41 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
Ibanez RG570

Personally I'd consider the RG570 to be an intermediate guitar verging on professional. As long as it's looked after the RG500 series is a completely roadworthy guitar. I think you could well use an RG570 until the proceeds of your playing allowed you to purchase something new.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-21-2002, 10:06 PM

Ibanez RG570

i have a 570...after 8 years of playing. great guitar. my suggestion is before changing pu's is get it professionally set-up (unless of course you can do it!). only when you have a great amp/rig bother to change the pickups.
PLAY THE HELL OUT OF IT!
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-21-2002, 10:51 PM

Ibanez RG570

Personally I think it's both. Either way you won't be dissapointed!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-22-2002, 05:31 AM Thread Starter

Ibanez RG570

Ok, Ive had a hard time considering Strat(USA) Vs. Ibanez(JEM), Ive decided for an Ibanez but since I change my mind all the time Id rather buy something not that expensive, like a RG570, they seem to be very good, in Sweden believe it or not they cost $1100 new!! I can get one used for about $300-400 while a JEM or JPM would cost about $800-900 used. I understand if the JEM is worth the extra money but Id rather have some money left and not have used almost $1000 Im not 100% sure I will always want, then its better to start with a RG and then decide between Stratstyle and Ibanez next time Ill buy a guitar or even better buy a strat next time and Ill have BOTH!!
I just wanted to know that if this would be the last guitar I could ever buy in my life(not the case but..) it would be enough (at least for rock to metal). The music I LOVE is Rainbow inspired 80s rock! Like Dio and Impellitteri, I sometimes like to listen to In Flames and Children Of Bodom too...And I always have guys like Petrucci, Vai, Gilbert and Satriani. I sometimes listen to Johny Lang, Eric Clapton and Jimi Hendrix too but if it would sound TOO bad (which I doubt) on the Ibanez I can just use one of the 3 acoustics in the house!! I would like a personal guitar and I will probably swap the pu's after some time if I buy it but DiMarzio vs Seymour Duncans? I know both are GREAT, but Ive heard great rythmsound from Duncans and great leadsound from DiMarzios. Ok, lets see neck pu: Seymour Duncan '59 Vs. DiMarzio PAF Pro?? Both seem good!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-22-2002, 12:58 PM

Ibanez RG570

I think the RG-570 will suit you just fine. You may or may not want to swap the pickups for aftermarket ones....I like the stock V8 very much but not a lot of people share my opinion.

* Speaking of unpopular opinions, I'd also go so far as to say that there's really nothing that you can do with a JEM that you can't do with an RG-570 except grab the guitar by the monkey grip. The Jem is nicer but it won't magically play the song for you.

* * I think the RG-570 (with your choice of pickups) is a professional instrument that will definitely keep up with your technique. *
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-22-2002, 01:02 PM Thread Starter

Ibanez RG570

Quote:
jeff l on 12:58 pm on Feb. 22, 2002
I think the RG-570 will suit you just fine. You may or may not want to swap the pickups for aftermarket ones....I like the stock V8 very much but not a lot of people share my opinion.

* Speaking of unpopular opinions, I'd also go so far as to say that there's really nothing that you can do with a JEM that you can't do with an RG-570 except grab the guitar by the monkey grip. The Jem is nicer but it won't magically play the song for you.

* * I think the RG-570 (with your choice of pickups) is a professional instrument that will definitely keep up with your technique. *
Thanks, the thing mis the ones Im looking at are older ones, from -90, but Ive seen pictures, looks VERy nice, I can se NO dings. It seems pretty good, but the older ones has V2 or something not V7/V8

Tags
dimarzio paf , dimarzio paf pro , eric clapton , jimi hendrix , monkey grip , paf pro , seymour duncan , seymour duncans

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode