Ibanez JEM Forum banner
19K views 43 replies 24 participants last post by  jim777 
#1 ·
i want to know what you guys think, is the rg570 the best rg bsides the ibanez rg prestige? I sure think so!

#2 ·
to be honest with you, as far as current production models go, I think it would be the RG620X. I found it VERY similar to the 570 only it had piezo pickups in it. basically the same guitar otherwise. so that appointment alone i think would make it better, in a direct comparison of the two. other than that, if you dont like piezos its the 570 hands down ;)

#8 ·
hyesac said:
i want to know what you guys think, is the rg570 the best rg bsides the ibanez rg prestige? I sure think so!
In the range available to the USA, the RG500 series is the "next best thing". It's down to personal preference as to whether you like the RG550 or RG570, some folks like maple, some like rosewood, some like a scratchplate and some don't.

The Japanese range has other prestige RGs other thna the RG3120, but I believe the top of the range non-prestige RG is currently the RG770FM.

#13 ·
yeah that is one of the reasons i like the 570 better than the 550, i cant stand that cheesy pickguard, thats also why i'm not too crazy about the jems either they have the pickguards too, dont get me wrong i like the jem but i dont like pickguards on em.

#17 ·
i got the 570 casue i wanted the rosewood fretboard, my strat has a maple. plus i don't like how the 550 looks now, some better colors would be better than black with a black pickguard, like the laser blue with the matching mirror pickguard :D and i got the 570 for almost 100 bucks cheaper than the 550 was on closeout

but then again, i don't really like the gray nickel very much...

#22 ·
BeastofLove said:
Depending on personal preference, I think some folks would say that the RG520 and RG550 are as good or better than the 570. I would take a 520 over a 550.

-Ben
I would agree with this statement. THese guitars are all from the same quality series. I prefer the 520 because you can get it with mahogany. A nice mix between the bottom end of a paul and the design features of a super strat. Gotta love that :>

#26 ·
The ibanez RG770FM is not a prestige and is far superior to the RG570; basswood body with flame maple top, lo-pro edge trem, bound rosewood fretboard with jpm style offset dot inlays, matched flamed headstock that is also bound, and ibanez quantum series pickups. My brother has one, its pretty awesome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.