Ibanez RG570ctam- value - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-10-2015, 05:11 PM Thread Starter

Ibanez RG570ctam- value

Recently found a used rg570ctam guitar and it's beautiful. Few things

Pretty bad electronics

Neck was broken and repaired in a classic break at the top of the neck near the top lock screws

Gold lo pro has almost NO wear on it

I am very tempted to buy this thing. It's beautiful, body is immaculate and electronics are easily repaired (and if I get it I'm putting a sustainer in it)

The cracked neck seems to be a good repair- now comes the question of the price

It was priced at $420. Am I wrong in saying that is overpriced for a broken electronics and broken necked guitar?

I feel like the broken neck really really detracts from the value more than anything. Perfect condition 1570 prestiges and 570s sell for $450 all the time

What do you think is the lowest price I could give the guy reasonably?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-10-2015, 05:27 PM

Re: Ibanez RG570ctam- value

I would say it detracts for the value...also if memory serves it might be a wizII neck vs. the super wiz. I remember there being something different about that model anyway.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-10-2015, 05:35 PM

Yeah just double checked its a wiz ii neck, so in my eyes that detracts from it for me. Its also a Guavere (sp?) top which is photo flame not real flamed maple.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-10-2015, 06:01 PM Thread Starter

What's wrong with wizard 2?

And yeah I know it's a photo too but it's still pretty
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-10-2015, 06:24 PM

Reviews: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle am I View Post
What's wrong with wizard 2?

And yeah I know it's a photo too but it's still pretty
Gravure "tops" are pretty and have the added bonus of not coloring a guitars tone. Fastmerc was just letting you know in case you were expecting something different.

There's nothing wrong with WizII necks- they're just less in demand. Still a broken head is a big detractor in my book- repaired or not. I would include the price of a good used neck to replace the original when considering buying this guitar. Is $420 too much? Yes. $300 would be my absolute max and that's only because the gold hardware is in good shape.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-10-2015, 08:57 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

These had pau ferro boards too (certainly the European models did) to go with the alder bodies, so it's a big shame that there is significant neck damage. Overall I thinker se were my favourite RG570 variants.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-10-2015, 11:02 PM Thread Starter

Thanks everyone

I offered $200

With any luck it'll make a nice backup, and I'll eventually get a new neck (for the price I can buy a new neck for the total price of a normal used 570 with nowhere near as good condition a body) and put the sustainer in

It almost looks like some of the j customs with the finish it does. I kind of just want to eat the color of the finish.

The finish and the hardware is the only reason I am even interested. I wouldn't even blink before blowing off a normal black 570 with broken neck for the marked price
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-19-2015, 10:49 AM Thread Starter

Well, I've decided to say screw it.

I got the guy to my price, then got the desire for the Antares auto tune for guitar system

With that, I shall never need to tune it again

I don't feel like dealing with a broken neck either

Tags
ctam , rg570

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode