Ibanez Rg7321 and Korn - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2005, 08:09 AM Thread Starter

Ibanez Rg7321 and Korn

Good match?This will be my first 7 string and Iam going to use it just to play korn songs.Thanks ahead of time!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2005, 09:17 AM

Re: Ibanez Rg7321 and Korn

id say it is yeah, mine, even with the stock pups can handle koRn, Dream Theater, Morbid Angel and Meshuggah plus my mate managed to get some killer jazz licks out on it.
its a great guitar the lack of a trem makes it sound great too
Old 12-10-2005, 04:35 PM

Should be fine, although i'd recommend changing the stiocks for Blazes or a Blaze Custom to get closer to the sound (when they used universes, although I am not sure what they used once they started getting customs)

Anyway!

it's a good guitar, suprisingly playable as well!
Old 12-10-2005, 06:22 PM Thread Starter

Cool Re: Ibanez Rg7321 and Korn

I just bought it a few hours ago!I was amazed how good it played when I was at the store.Once I got her home and hooked her up to my rig playing korn stuff its perfect could upgrade the pups to what k7 uses DiMarzio PAF-7,don't see it necessary right now.Awesome axe for Korn stuff.
Old 12-10-2005, 06:48 PM

FYI: Now that Head is out of the band, Munky uses EMG pickups. No more low-output PAFs.
Old 12-10-2005, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydefrog
FYI: Now that Head is out of the band, Munky uses EMG pickups. No more low-output PAFs.
Are the pups in my rg7321 a higher output than the paf's?
Old 12-10-2005, 07:13 PM

Hi, I used to have the PAFs in my 7420.It was ok, if you want to play korn. Im getting Blaze Custom right now.More Output.
I had been on one of the latest kornshows and Im sure Munk plays DiMarzios...
And the normal pickups of your 7321 got less output than the pafs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreds da bluez
Are the pups in my rg7321 a higher output than the paf's?
Old 12-10-2005, 08:50 PM

If you ever do upgrade the pickups then I would suggest putting a Blaze Custom in the bridge simply because it's one of the best 7 string bridge pickups I've ever heard. And then for the neck you could go with a PAF-7, Air Norton-7, or Blaze neck model.
Old 12-10-2005, 09:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyconxero
If you ever do upgrade the pickups then I would suggest putting a Blaze Custom in the bridge simply because it's one of the best 7 string bridge pickups I've ever heard. And then for the neck you could go with a PAF-7, Air Norton-7, or Blaze neck model.

Thanks bro!Iam sure a good set of pups would improve this guitars tone.And maybe a GUITAR BODY DECAL KIT and maybe some locking tuners kinda turn into a project guitar.
Old 12-10-2005, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydefrog

nope. not that i know of. he only had emgs stocked in his flat black fixed bridge 7 from the guitar world cd rom. right now on tour and in studio for the newest album he was and is using his leather cancer guitar.i saw a pic of him in the studio a couple months ago with that guitar. i believe it has dimarzios in it.and judging by theie greyish powdery color, they look like the paf-7's from the k7. but i could be wrong . later
Old 12-10-2005, 10:39 PM

and i do agree with everyone who said about putting blaze customs in your guitar Shreds Da Bluez.Great pickup! later
Old 12-11-2005, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreds da bluez
Thanks bro!Iam sure a good set of pups would improve this guitars tone.And maybe a GUITAR BODY DECAL KIT and maybe some locking tuners kinda turn into a project guitar.
That sounds like an awesome idea. I turned my RG370DX into a project guitar by swapping out the pickups, blocking the trem, and putting on some decals. It looks really awesome, now.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:35 AM

If you really want to get the Korn sound out of that guitar (at least from before their customs) you'll want to put a DiMarzio Blaze Neck in the bridge spot, that's how they wired their Universes (which are basswood, like your guitar). The K7 is Mahognay and uses the PAF-7s, so it's going to sound a little different in Basswood.

So, for the pre-98/97-ish sound, get a Blaze Neck in the bridge. Also a Blaze Neck or PAF-7 in the Neck will work for their sound.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:36 AM

just don't buy a decal that says IBANEZ or something like that. its like when people put windsheild banners on their cars that say the name of the car; we already know what the heck it is!

sorry, i'm against graphics, but its not my guitar hehehe
Old 12-11-2005, 09:48 AM

xl neck in 7321 or 7420

dont buy decals.I painted my Rg - 7420 yesterday.Its the normal black pearl with a white binding on the body.
so sexy! I also painted the mechanics and the locking nut-white..
I had to wait about 8 weeks for my DiMarzios here in germany!3 more to wait..
Cause of the white color!

You could get some green DiMarzios and a black pickguard.Make it look like an old UV7 or something like that.I thought about that too.But I love this
RG 1077xl too much... ;-)

I cant get it anywhere.
What do you think of getting a xl custom neck for the 7420? Would that work? How would a drop tunig like C or C# sound?with a fixed trem.
27" or 28 5/8" instead of 25,5" ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by vette6600
just don't buy a decal that says IBANEZ or something like that. its like when people put windsheild banners on their cars that say the name of the car; we already know what the heck it is!

sorry, i'm against graphics, but its not my guitar hehehe

Last edited by rgk7; 12-11-2005 at 10:15 AM.

Tags
air norton , black pickguard , blaze neck , bridge pickup , bridge pickups , dimarzio blaze , dimarzio paf , fixed bridge , green dimarzio , guitar body , locking nut , locking tuners , morbid angel , string bridge , string bridge pickup

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in