Ibanez RG770EG - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: I reside on a peaceful patch of land in rural Pennsylvania
Posts: 146
Ibanez RG770EG

I thought i seen a few on here before, but my memory of it is vague.
Anyways, Does this look like Emerald Green or Lazer Blue?





Willb526 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 09:27 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 9,291
Reviews: 98
Re: Ibanez RG770EG

Looks green to me. Whatever is is, it's not LB!



AlaskaBat is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 09:33 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chesapeake, Virginia
Posts: 1,740
Re: Ibanez RG770EG

How odd since I do not recall an emerald green RG770 standard.
Jack Secret is offline  
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 10:09 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 9,291
Reviews: 98
Re: Ibanez RG770EG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Secret View Post
How odd since I do not recall an emerald green RG770 standard.
That's what I'm pinging about--I WANT ONE!!!!!



AlaskaBat is offline  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 10:48 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: I reside on a peaceful patch of land in rural Pennsylvania
Posts: 146
Re: Ibanez RG770EG

It plays great, I love the feel of the 700 series so much... this is my first RG770 though. The finish is amazing, very close to my old RG565EG... just a little brighter
Willb526 is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 03:03 AM
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Cleveland ohio
Posts: 18
Re: Ibanez RG770EG

hey guys any help here? Sorry if this isn't the right place for this message but, I'm being offered a supposed original RG770dx circa '91 but, i can't find it anywhere. It's a black one and the pups were replaced with an EMG 85 and 60. I have the serial number but, i still can't find anything. It's black H-S-H and rosewood board but, it doesn't say prestige OR 770dx on it supposedly AND the only ones i've been able to find are the blue,red and occasional purpleish. Any help? Thanks!
diesect20022000 is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 05:52 AM
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: UK/Ireland
Posts: 3,525
Re: Ibanez RG770EG

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesect20022000 View Post
hey guys any help here? Sorry if this isn't the right place for this message but, I'm being offered a supposed original RG770dx circa '91 but, i can't find it anywhere. It's a black one and the pups were replaced with an EMG 85 and 60. I have the serial number but, i still can't find anything. It's black H-S-H and rosewood board but, it doesn't say prestige OR 770dx on it supposedly AND the only ones i've been able to find are the blue,red and occasional purpleish. Any help? Thanks!
That's more than likely to be a standard RG770 and not the DX model.
IbanezDaemon is offline  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 05:55 AM
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Cleveland ohio
Posts: 18
Re: Ibanez RG770EG

can you tell me what that one costed new? Is it worth trading a V3 for? I have plenty of amps but, i want a good guitar i can set to shred. I typicaly use Goth SG specials with ebony boards but, i've always been a super strat junkie. Thanks so much for the help!
diesect20022000 is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 06:04 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: newcastle.england
Posts: 2,575
Re: Ibanez RG770EG

i like the 770 dx guitars.the blue n red ones look really nice.
rob777vdy is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 06:11 AM
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: UK/Ireland
Posts: 3,525
Re: Ibanez RG770EG

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesect20022000 View Post
can you tell me what that one costed new? Is it worth trading a V3 for? I have plenty of amps but, i want a good guitar i can set to shred. I typicaly use Goth SG specials with ebony boards but, i've always been a super strat junkie. Thanks so much for the help!
I take it you mean a Carvin V3?? I'm not sure of what they 770's cost new in the States as I'm not from there but I'm guessing that the guitar (depending on condition) is probably worth anywhere between $400-$800 used. Maybe some of the American guys on here may be able to quote you a bit better on the price. What I do know is that I've owned lots of RG770's (standard, DX's, FM's) and they are great guitars. If you're looking for a guitar to shred on then it'll do the job for sure. The Carvin and the RG770 may be in the same used price bracket so if you've got plenty of amps and can afford to offload the Carvin then why not go for it.
IbanezDaemon is offline  
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 07:20 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: newcastle.england
Posts: 2,575
Re: Ibanez RG770EG

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbanezDaemon View Post
I take it you mean a Carvin V3?? I'm not sure of what they 770's cost new in the States as I'm not from there but I'm guessing that the guitar (depending on condition) is probably worth anywhere between $400-$800 used. Maybe some of the American guys on here may be able to quote you a bit better on the price. What I do know is that I've owned lots of RG770's (standard, DX's, FM's) and they are great guitars. If you're looking for a guitar to shred on then it'll do the job for sure. The Carvin and the RG770 may be in the same used price bracket so if you've got plenty of amps and can afford to offload the Carvin then why not go for it.
theres a rg770 dx (blue) in a store near me,guitar guitar its called (newcastle).they want 1100 for it,greedy xxxxxxds its only worth half of that
rob777vdy is offline  
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 02:07 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Cleveland ohio
Posts: 18
Re: Ibanez RG770EG

Thanks. Yeah the V3 is a dust collector now. I have a TSL 60 i'm selling/trading too. I use 5150's now. I have a head and a combo that're bias modified and i hav a XXX for everything else. Okay,thanks!
diesect20022000 is offline  
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 02:17 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Cleveland ohio
Posts: 18
Re: Ibanez RG770EG

the only down side is that i HATE setting up tremolos but, it's going to need it and i'm pretty much sick of looking at the V3. I bias'd it 2 months ago and put it up to sell. I got an offer on a divinity ll but, i had and endorsement with them and still used my Carvins,lol. Anyway, thanks again. I should be trading with that guy on fri. I'll have to add another 9 volt to it and do the set up but, then we're good. I may have to get a D-tuna too actualy.
diesect20022000 is offline  
Reply

Tags
rg770

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).



Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome