Ibanez' RGA42 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

Ibanez' RGA42

I'm thinking of buying it, but is it worth it? I couldn't find a helluva lotta info on this guitar, not even on the Ibanez site. Does anyone have it or something similar? Could you tell me about it?

I'm a beginner in the world of guitars, but not in the world of guitar playing. ATM I own a stratocaster knockoff I bought a few years ago for a hundred euro's, so I haven't exactly got high expectations.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 02:40 PM

Re: Ibanez' RGA42

Be very careful...the quality is not so crash hot. (I played 4 of them before giving up on buying one).

As a starter, you can get a GRGR121 - a hard tail beginners guitar, or the RG321 is a nice bet also!

But really, its up to you in the end. Go with what feels good to play, and suits your pocket

Good luck!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 03:00 PM

Reviews: 120

Are you seriously recommending a Gio guitar over the RGA? I'd say the RGA is a far better guitar. The ones you played may not have been set up properly.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePhantom View Post
Are you seriously recommending a Gio guitar over the RGA? I'd say the RGA is a far better guitar. The ones you played may not have been set up properly.
Not at all.

Set-up not was not an issue. Im talking about finishes. Badly alligned bridges, large chips that were painted over, etc.

Anyway, im not here too talk bad about that model, just trying to offer friendly advice
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

Thanks! It's also possible for me to buy the RGR321EX if that's what you recommend.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanotubes View Post
Thanks! It's also possible for me to buy the RGR321EX if that's what you recommend.

Welcome!

I recommend you play as many as possible before you decide - you have to make YOU happy
Enjoy!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-23-2011, 04:04 PM

Just got RGA42 today. No finish issues, bridge is perfectly aligned, set-up is spot-on, and it was well tuned when it arrived. Electronics work properly.
This kind of guitar is new for me, i have to play it some time before i come back and write my opinion of this model. Feels okay this far.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-23-2011, 06:06 PM

Reviews: 1

I prefer mahogany bodied guitars, therefore i recommend to try for beginners the RG-321 MH also near the RGA42. I think you dont loose much, if you buy 1 of this guitars, that has been mentioned above. Exept the GIO! Dont buy GIO! Try to get 1 of them used, set it up, save some money up, swap pickups, learn your way to modify a guitar for your satisfaction! Then, if you realize, its not suiting you, whatever you did to it, or just got bored of it, sell it! YouŽll propably get around the same money back, you payed for it used, if you keep the condition good. You didnt loose anything, just got experience and now you know, what you want from your next instrument.

Tags
metal , new guitar , rga42

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

rgr321ex aanj
RGR321EX compared RGR321
rgr321ex wiring
rgr321ex guitar review

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode