Ibanez rgt 220h or gibson m3? Which sound like fat tone of les paul? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-10-2016, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

Ibanez rgt 220h or gibson m3? Which sound more like fat tone of les paul?

Anyone who tried these two beautiful guitar? I found these on buy and sell website. Ibanez rgt220h has rosewood fingerboard and maple neck through with mahogany wings on body with v7 and v8 pups while gibson m3 has mahogany body with set neck of maple and maple fretboard with gibson dirty fingers pups on neck and bridge. Which one sounds more like a fat tone with focused low as gibson les paul standard? I need your feedback so i can decide which one is more like a gibson stuff because they both have a mahogany wood. I want the floyded version guitar that making a les paul tone because i love the fatness and sustain. Thanks

Last edited by rockartlml; 02-10-2016 at 09:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-11-2016, 12:05 PM

Re: Ibanez rgt 220h or gibson m3? Which sound like fat tone of les paul?

I know you are looking for a Les Paul "fat" tone but could you give some examples as in songs, or guitar players of the tone you're looking for?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-11-2016, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

Talking Re: Ibanez rgt 220h or gibson m3? Which sound like fat tone of les paul?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafafas View Post
I know you are looking for a Les Paul "fat" tone but could you give some examples as in songs, or guitar players of the tone you're looking for?
im more on improvising melodies with the rock backing track. i really love the tone of les paul. pls help me which one sounds like my fave tone
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-11-2016, 06:22 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Probably neither sound like a Les Paul, because they're very different, but the Gibson with its set neck and mahogany body probably has a marginally greater similarity.

A lot of the tone will also come from your amp and any effects you use, so it's more about crafting the overall tone you're after, rather than simply trying to get one guitar to sound like another. Dont forget a Les Paul through a cranked Marshall sounds very different to a Les Paul through a clean Fender Twin...
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-11-2016, 06:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
Probably neither sound like a Les Paul, because they're very different, but the Gibson with its set neck and mahogany body probably has a marginally greater similarity.

A lot of the tone will also come from your amp and any effects you use, so it's more about crafting the overall tone you're after, rather than simply trying to get one guitar to sound like another. Dont forget a Les Paul through a cranked Marshall sounds very different to a Les Paul through a clean Fender Twin...
I think im gonna pick gibson m3. Im going to save money to buy that one soon thank you for your advice
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-12-2016, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
This ^, also Les Pauls sound different from each other, i've played Les Pauls that sounded thin and harsh and others that sounded fat and warm, honestly when i hear someone asking for a Les Paul "tone" they're usually thinking of a Marshallesque compressed overdriven tone.

For me tones are like colors, the amp/cab/effects dictate the overall color and the guitar the different shades within the color of the amp, you want a "Blue" tone get an amp that can get you there and try different guitars to see what shade of that your like.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode