Ibanez Rhoads V Idea - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-01-2012, 04:21 PM Thread Starter

Talking Ibanez Rhoads V Idea

Hey guys I became a fan of Annihilator and Jeff Waters a few days back and now have the urge to get a flying V type guitar. I thought to myself, that I don't want to miss my fantastic Wizard neck and want to stay true to Ibanez. It struck me that Ibanez has put out the Proline V's in the 80s and I remembered that Nate Perle sells Bodies in that shape. I dug out a nice big picture of a proline on Google and used Gimp to shape my Ideas.

Here is a Link to what I came up: http://s1178.photobucket.com/albums/...=Unbenannt.jpg

I now have a plan for next Summer. I am going to buy a body from him with some mods, like single coil in the middle and pot/pickup-selector location. I'll use the hardware/neck/pickups from my RG570. Paintjob will be done with spraycans most likely and some tape.

Let me hear what you think of the picture!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-01-2012, 05:54 PM

Reviews: 11
Re: Ibanez Rhoads V Idea

That's really awesome!

You could also snag a cheap VBT700 too
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-01-2012, 06:18 PM

Reviews: 21

I like it! Thumbs up!
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-02-2012, 12:38 AM

+1 for the spraypaint and tape!
That's really sweet... love the v's, but my rr3 was a piece...
Great idea dude!
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-02-2012, 02:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.M.RG7620 View Post
That's really awesome!

You could also snag a cheap VBT700 too
Well I live in Austria(NOT Australia) so it would be one hell of a long search, since there live only 8 million people here. Then it is also limited edition so I think it would be smarter and cheaper to do it like this. Also, I don't like painted necks.

Thanks for the support people and as said I am going to do this in summer. Then I'll make a thread with pictures and everything reporting the progress.

Some things will be different though from the picture. I have the Original Edge and the "check" logo on the headstock, since it isn't a prestige, but a 2001 Rg570.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-02-2012, 06:38 PM

I like it, it's different and going to make people ask questions.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-02-2012, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFreak777 View Post
Well I live in Austria(NOT Australia) so it would be one hell of a long search, since there live only 8 million people here. Then it is also limited edition so I think it would be smarter and cheaper to do it like this. Also, I don't like painted necks.

Thanks for the support people and as said I am going to do this in summer. Then I'll make a thread with pictures and everything reporting the progress.

Some things will be different though from the picture. I have the Original Edge and the "check" logo on the headstock, since it isn't a prestige, but a 2001 Rg570.
Get a prestige logo made. It looks REALLY f-ing good on there! There's a lot going on with the headstock as it is so keeping the logo simple will really keep things from getting cluttered.

Can't wait for the project to begin!
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-04-2012, 09:22 AM

Reviews: 2

keep the headstock plain white. it looks too busy. also, make the bevels fully red. i like the red thing that looks like binding on the headstock. if u can somehow bind the fretboard red, do that.
either way, it looks awesome! its a great idea.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-04-2012, 10:24 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikm13 View Post
keep the headstock plain white. it looks too busy. also, make the bevels fully red. i like the red thing that looks like binding on the headstock. if u can somehow bind the fretboard red, do that.
either way, it looks awesome! its a great idea.
The design will stay like this until I really start the project, then I'll work on it, depending if my tastes changed. I can see that the headstock looks busy, I may change that, but I won't make it completely white. Binding is not possible, since I won't build the neck, but use the one currently on my RG570, I can see why you ask though.
Thanks for the support.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-07-2012, 06:01 PM

Looks insane!! Just looks like a repainted PR1660. I had a 1985 Proline V, the neck was AMAZING, but slightly warped so the guitar got sold. But you can still pick em up for under $500!! The only problem they have is the ProRockr II tremolo(big, bulky, and pretty much useless). If you're going to paint the body, you could possibly fit an edge III or floyd original.
The PR1660 came with a Wizard neck, so no need for an RG neck. The PL2660(very rare), was a neck thru design.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-07-2012, 07:55 PM

^ He's buying an aftermarket body to replace the one on his rg.

I think it looks wicked, but try red knobs on that mock-up and see how you like it.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-08-2012, 02:47 AM

Aaaahhh....OK. Guess I should have read the first post more thoroughly.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-09-2012, 08:50 AM Thread Starter

Wink Re: Ibanez Rhoads V Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.M.RG7620 View Post
Get a prestige logo made. It looks REALLY f-ing good on there! There's a lot going on with the headstock as it is so keeping the logo simple will really keep things from getting cluttered.
U mean like this? http://www.best-decals.com/index.php...61d15aa13ff249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunzenabi View Post
The PR1660 came with a Wizard neck, so no need for an RG neck. The PL2660(very rare), was a neck thru design.
I know, but as said and corrected above, I'm gonna use my RG570 as a donor guitar. The Pl2660 was the inspiration for the design, since i used it's body design and the bevel lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by axel_f View Post
I think it looks wicked, but try red knobs on that mock-up and see how you like it.
Thanks, I may try red knobs, but i could barely find white fender knobs on google picture search. I prefer them to dome knobs.

Last edited by TheFreak777; 01-09-2012 at 09:24 AM.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-09-2012, 03:04 PM Thread Starter

I made an updated version with a possible logo/bandname for a project I'm working on with a school buddy. We're not really making our own stuff right now, since I only play guitar for a year and he plays the drums for only 6 months. We just managed to play "highway to hell" so far.

http://s1178.photobucket.com/albums/...Unbenannt1.jpg
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-09-2012, 03:38 PM

I like that version much more!

Tags
annihilator , edge , ibanez , rg570 , rhoads v

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode