Ibanez Roadcore (MIJ) Test and review - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 91 (permalink) Old 12-22-2014, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

Ibanez Roadcore (MIJ) Test and review

So while in Tokyo yesterday, I stopped at Ikebe to play the Roadcores. I played both the trans red finish one (with the duncan p-rails) and the blue one (with the Ibanez Super 58 in the neck and Core Tone in the bridge). This video is me just noodling a bit with the blue one.

I will write more in depth about my feelings on this guitar later today, I am sleepy as heck from waking up at 5am this morning to walk home from the bus stop so brain isn't working well. I'll try to write it as in depth as I can For now, just watch this video and enjoy my terrible playing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tau_...ature=youtu.be
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 91 (permalink) Old 12-22-2014, 10:50 PM

Re: Ibanez Roadcore (MIJ) Test and review

Those core tone pickups sound awesome. The Super 58 in the necks sounds like a good match just like like the Duncan Jazz or Duncan '59 to a hotter Duncan JB. Another similar comparison that it sounds like to me is the Gibson Burstbucker in the neck and Burstbucker 2 or 3 in the bridge.
post #3 of 91 (permalink) Old 12-22-2014, 11:15 PM Thread Starter

Just think, this guitar is about the same price as an rg655. Amazing.
post #4 of 91 (permalink) Old 12-23-2014, 08:17 AM

This video is an anti-commercial, sounds like a squier in the hands of a total begginer.
Practice man, practice!
post #5 of 91 (permalink) Old 12-23-2014, 08:29 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un_like View Post
This video is an anti-commercial, sounds like a squier in the hands of a total begginer.
Practice man, practice!
Umm I do practice. I've only been playing 3 years fool. I'm not some person that will just get all weak and commit suicide because of an internet troll like yourself, I would rather punch you in the face. I don't need or want your trolling comments.
post #6 of 91 (permalink) Old 12-23-2014, 09:17 AM

Quote:
This video is an anti-commercial, sounds like a squier in the hands of a total begginer. Practice man, practice!

Very poor manners to be that rude to an aspiring player, especially when the OP was humble in his introductory post. I suggest you attend to your own skills and avoid being degrading to others.
post #7 of 91 (permalink) Old 12-23-2014, 10:03 AM Thread Starter

Well, time to write my review of the MIJ Roadcore:

Feel:

The neck feels like a baseball bat like a Fujigen Strat. However, the 16 inch radius makes it feel like a thick ibanez neck. It wasn't hard to play at all and I didn't feel weird playing such a thick neck.

If you watched the video, the sustain on it was INSANE. Notes that last forever.

Body shape:

It was comfortable and nothing that felt weird at all. Perfect shape.

Pickups:

The P-rails version, RC2720 iirc, sounds great but I thought all the extras on it were meh. Gotoh Magnum lock tuners and some extra knob to turn on the blade magnet side of the pup are unnecessary imo. Nice little extras but not needed.

The RG1720 (Super 58/Core tone) was the one I used in the video. The tone was amazing in high gain settings and also clean. I was pleasantly surprised by the Ibanez made pups in this case.

IMO, Ibanez hit a homerun with the Prestige Roadcores. These are affordable MIJ gutiars that are great for the non shredder. These axes should sell extremely well for being so "normal." I'm gassing for one hard right now lol
post #8 of 91 (permalink) Old 12-23-2014, 12:16 PM

Reviews: 2

Quote:
Practice man, practice!
Well, now you nickname makes sense........
post #9 of 91 (permalink) Old 12-23-2014, 12:22 PM

Reviews: 2

Matias, It does sound like a decent guitar but I wish we could have had some better views of it. How were the fit and finish?

The heel looks like the old square joint of the RS series?

FWIW, your learning progress is obvious in comparison to your last vid.....keep it up man, You'll be smokin fretboards in no time.
post #10 of 91 (permalink) Old 12-23-2014, 02:30 PM

I just said the truth and I know it hurts but it was nothing personal..
The point was - you just made a great guitar sound like crap...I'm sure guys from Ibanez would agree with me...

If you can't play then don't post videos or just play A D E chords and that's it...
or if you post videos like this - then be prepared to get negative comments because this is a FORUM

Last edited by Un_like; 12-23-2014 at 02:45 PM.
post #11 of 91 (permalink) Old 12-23-2014, 02:49 PM

If you want to be a dick, take it to TGP
post #12 of 91 (permalink) Old 12-23-2014, 02:53 PM

Quote:
I just said the truth and I know it hurts but it was nothing personal..
The point was - you just made a great guitar sound like crap...I'm sure guys from Ibanez would agree with me...

If you can't play then don't post videos or just play A D E chords and that's it...
Mathias is great member of this site with great contribution. There is no point in your post. With your attitude we do not need you here. If you can contribute to forum, please do so. And Squier guitars can sound great. Just check videos with Jack Thammarat.
post #13 of 91 (permalink) Old 12-23-2014, 02:55 PM

hey maybe I will, you guys seem pretty sensitive over here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by peromucho7 View Post
And Squier guitars can sound great. Just check videos with Jack Thammarat.
I know they can, you just need to PLAY GOOD
post #14 of 91 (permalink) Old 12-23-2014, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post
If you want to be a dick, take it to TGP
Thank you. You may note that this user (?) was already called out in another thread (re HD500x) for being an offensive jerk. Constructive criticism is one thing, being deliberately demeaning is quite another. Good to see the mods are on it.

OP -- ignore and proceed. We've all been there.
post #15 of 91 (permalink) Old 12-23-2014, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratoskier View Post
Thank you. You may note that this user (?) was already called out in another thread (re HD500x) for being an offensive jerk. Constructive criticism is one thing, being deliberately demeaning is quite another. Good to see the mods are on it.

OP -- ignore and proceed. We've all been there.
Lol I just told the guy to turn the cab sims off when he is playing through an amp...I also noticed that the most common mistake is not connecting it to the eff. loop...Ofc I'm a jerk if I know more then you...

Tags
roadcore

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode