ibanez RX20 parts? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-02-2009, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 515
ibanez RX20 parts?

I posted a thread in the classifieds with trying to find some RX20 parts. I have browsed online to no avail and was wondering if anyone knew of a site or anything that sold RX20 parts. I am specifically looking for a black pickguard and cannot find one anywhere. I know a standard strat pickguard does not fit, but would a normal RG pickguard fit? It is a HH setup. Any ideas would be extremely helpful. thanks in advance
7Plagues is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-02-2009, 08:21 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 38
Re: ibanez RX20 parts?

Are you talking about the GRX20? If so, I have one that I'm trying to get rid of.

Hadeloc7 is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-02-2009, 10:54 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: VA
Posts: 2,150
Re: ibanez RX20 parts?

Try pickguardparadise.com or pickguards.com. They can both do custom pickguards based on a tracing of your original 'guard.
TAorama is offline  
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-05-2009, 08:48 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 515
Re: ibanez RX20 parts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadeloc7 View Post
Are you talking about the GRX20? If so, I have one that I'm trying to get rid of.

the model # on the guitar only states RX20. It doesn't say Gio anywhere. It has a maple neck and only the body. It's been gutted. I bought it for a project. See attached image for the exact guitar.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IBA4821_1.jpg (58.2 KB, 29 views)
7Plagues is offline  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-05-2009, 08:49 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 515
Re: ibanez RX20 parts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAorama View Post
Try pickguardparadise.com or pickguards.com. They can both do custom pickguards based on a tracing of your original 'guard.
thanks.. i'll check them out
7Plagues is offline  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-05-2009, 12:05 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Chicago 'burbs
Posts: 1,001
Re: ibanez RX20 parts?

The RX series is older, like early 90s or so - I doubt the GRX one will fit the RX body. The pickguards do show up on that auction site we dare not speak of every now and then, but it's rare. I'm looking for a white one myself, but since I paid all of $30 for the body and neck, I really don't want to get a custom guard made that'll cost more than the rest of the guitar.
gpenguins is offline  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-05-2009, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 515
Re: ibanez RX20 parts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpenguins View Post
The RX series is older, like early 90s or so - I doubt the GRX one will fit the RX body. The pickguards do show up on that auction site we dare not speak of every now and then, but it's rare. I'm looking for a white one myself, but since I paid all of $30 for the body and neck, I really don't want to get a custom guard made that'll cost more than the rest of the guitar.
I'm in your same boat. Paid 30 for the neck and body. I have the pickups, tuners ready but need the pickguard and a bridge. The pickguards I found to fit are 28.00 +7.00 shipping. 35 bucks for a pickguard on a 30 dollar guitar. LOL
7Plagues is offline  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 08:13 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 515
Re: ibanez RX20 parts?

well I ended up buying 3 of these so far, two RX20's and one RX40...I really like the neck and the guitar in all. The pickups will be getting swapped but for a project, they are darn nice and cheap in $$..

gpenguins, I plan on ordering blank pickguard material and making a few pickguards since I have one I can use as a template now. If you still want a white one, I will gladly cut one for you and send it your way...I have to order the material still, so it may be a week or two before I get around to that. I have 5 other projects I am juggling. I feel so dirty
7Plagues is offline  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 09:32 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Chicago 'burbs
Posts: 1,001
Re: ibanez RX20 parts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Plagues View Post
well I ended up buying 3 of these so far, two RX20's and one RX40...I really like the neck and the guitar in all. The pickups will be getting swapped but for a project, they are darn nice and cheap in $$..

gpenguins, I plan on ordering blank pickguard material and making a few pickguards since I have one I can use as a template now. If you still want a white one, I will gladly cut one for you and send it your way...I have to order the material still, so it may be a week or two before I get around to that. I have 5 other projects I am juggling. I feel so dirty
Yeah, that'd be awesome, send me a PM and let me know what you'd want for it and we can work it out from there. Timing isn't an issue for me, I did a "sanity check" (or possibly "insanity check") the other day, and I've got WAY more project parts than I thought I had, so that one can take it's time.

And, I completely agree with you on the neck on those, I really like them - I've actually had mine on a few different guitars over the last few years. They are surprisingly good for that era Korean parts.
gpenguins is offline  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 09:57 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 515
Re: ibanez RX20 parts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpenguins View Post
Yeah, that'd be awesome, send me a PM and let me know what you'd want for it and we can work it out from there. Timing isn't an issue for me, I did a "sanity check" (or possibly "insanity check") the other day, and I've got WAY more project parts than I thought I had, so that one can take it's time.

And, I completely agree with you on the neck on those, I really like them - I've actually had mine on a few different guitars over the last few years. They are surprisingly good for that era Korean parts.
I know what you mean. I want to grab some new tuners for these. The original ones aren't too great. I'll probably do sperzels or Wilkinsons. I need to get a new bridge for one of them and new saddles. I'll keep in touch and let you know when I get the guard cut.
7Plagues is offline  
Reply

Tags
rx20

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).



Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTB: Ibanez RX20 pickguards 7Plagues Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear 0 12-31-2008 10:26 AM
Ibanez Parts Thrash All Other Guitars (including Prestige) 3 04-24-2007 07:55 AM
Where to get Ibanez parts???? Greenie Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear 4 01-21-2007 05:32 PM
Ibanez parts in the UK? Adagio_777 Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods 11 12-01-2005 12:27 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome