ibanez rx350? what is it? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-09-2005, 12:57 AM Thread Starter

ibanez rx350? what is it?

Hey all,

One of my friends here knew that I've been looking for an ibanez for a good while, so he's been trying to convince me to buy his rx350. I never saw or heard of it before, anyone know about it? He's off in college, so he only showed me pics of it. He bought it used based on feel and tone, so he doesnt know much about the specs.

So, here's what I'd like to know:
He told me that the neck was very thin and wizard-like, what do you think?
What kind of wood is it made out of?
How would it compare to an 80s/90s rg550 if I had bought one of those?
My pal plays 80s type metal, while I prefer more modern metal. Will this guitar
(with pickup changes) do metal? For one, I've just been getting into bands like Nightwish and Sonata Arctica

Thx for the help =D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-09-2005, 04:32 PM

Re: ibanez rx350? what is it?

Guitar will do fine for metal. I would say if you can get an used 550 for around the same price, then go for that though.

http://www.ibanez.com/guitars/guitar.asp?model=RG350EX
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-09-2005, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

according to an **** auction, its made of maple o.O if i get this, what pickups should i put in it? i dunno much about dimarzios, but how bout a duncan custom custom as it has plenty of mids to warm it up?
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-09-2005, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by red5
Guitar will do fine for metal. I would say if you can get an used 550 for around the same price, then go for that though.

http://www.ibanez.com/guitars/guitar.asp?model=RG350EX

hes talking about the Rx not Rg, no?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-09-2005, 06:26 PM

RX350? I'd stay away. Sounds like the budget line:

http://www.ibanezregister.com/Gallery/RX/gal-rx350.htm
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-28-2014, 03:54 PM

I registered just to post this. I realize this is a very old thread but if you happen to come upon it like I did, this may be useful. To know about the rx350. There were budget models like the rx20 and such but the 350 is one of the best guitars I own. Ive had it for 15 years or so. At the time I spent about 450 us for it. I recently found some being solD for over 1200. They just don't make them like this anymore. At least not as an average model. The materials and craftsmanship are more the type you would expect of a j custom or prestige. The body is one solid piece of American maple. The neck and fret board are both maple. It has an rg like body that is contoured more like a strat. The play on it I wonderful. The pickups are dimarzio copies made by Ibanez and sound fantastic. It has a push pull coiltap in the tone knob. Mine has a trans blue finish and the woodgrain underneath is flamed in some places. Wonderful instrument. Absolutely NOT something I would pass on if I found one for less than 500.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-05-2016, 12:21 AM

I have one too and agree, old craftmanship are better than modern, sounds good ahd push/pull knob are nice improvement 'cause it have 9 combinations, is very versatile!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-06-2020, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo headstock View Post
I have one too and agree, old craftmanship are better than modern, sounds good ahd push/pull knob are nice improvement 'cause it have 9 combinations, is very versatile!
I recently dug up the catalog for these. They were only made like 2 years between the ex and grx. The paint options were different each year. The push pull strangely was not mentioned but it was listed on the jem for that year. Or maybe it was an rg or rx650 that listed it as the same feature from the jem. I don't recall. But it was absent in the description of the rx350. Apparently they made a 12 string. I believe it was called the rx355. I bet that's a rare bird indeed. I've changed the pickups on all my ibanez guitars except for this one. No need. They're very high output and versatile. Ceramic in the bridge and alnico in the neck. Only info I found on the pickups is that they're ibanez but they're very obviously a DiMarzio design. Possibly even dimarzio manufactured and ibanez branded. Whatever the case, they've served me well for 27 years now. I'm planning to swap all the hardware for gold and locking tuners. Not that it needs it. Purely asthetic. And the new version of the Wilkinson by gotoh has a pop in arm fixing the one flaw in the original. And it's a bit slicker and less bulky looking. The thing is rock solid. Unbelievably stays in tune better than anything in my large collection and the neck never needs adjustment. That might be from surviving a house fire though. Came very close to losing her.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-06-2020, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamlee011 View Post
I recently dug up the catalog for these. They were only made like 2 years between the ex and grx. The paint options were different each year. The push pull strangely was not mentioned but it was listed pakistani.guru/web-hosting rentacar girlshostel realproperty on the jem for that year. Or maybe it was an rg or rx650 that listed it as the same feature from the jem. I don't recall. But it was absent in the description of the rx350. Apparently they made a 12 string. I believe it was called the rx355. I bet that's a rare bird indeed. I've changed the pickups on all my ibanez guitars except for this one. No need. They're very high output and versatile.
that sound crazy intresting.

Last edited by milaprince; 03-06-2020 at 12:22 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode