Ibanez S540 pro custom - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-17-2002, 08:25 AM Thread Starter

Ibanez S540 pro custom

Plz say what u think about this guitar, it is old one and already it is not produced.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-17-2002, 02:18 PM

There were several types of S540s out there during the last decade. Umm.. Maybe we could help you more if you posted a bit more info about it, like inlays, finish, pickup config, neck joint type and the serial number.

Oh, and do you know it's custom made or is there just the 'custom made' inlay on the fretboard?? Most of them had that inlay, although they were all regular production models.

But the S540 is definately a nice guitar. I've got a '95 S540ltd and a higly modded S470. That body shape is killer
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-18-2002, 03:08 AM Thread Starter

sorry, but i can give u that info i didnt saw it but i know for sure
it is braun colour with tiger structure , and there is QM pickups if iam not mistaken it is called something like quazi magnetics or something near this and it is produced in 1999 year it is all that i can tell u now.
One guy is offering me to barter i have ESP Custom SC6(it is new ) and barter for this Ibanez, and i dont know what to do?
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-18-2002, 08:52 AM

Umm.. since I don't know much about ESP guitars, I can't give you much info about it... Play your friends guitar, then decide.
Basically, if it's really an ESP guitar and not an LTD, you could get 2 S540s for it. At least that's what I would do
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-18-2002, 12:25 PM

My guess is that he's referring to a late 90s (98?) S540QS (QS for quilted saple), with Wizard neck, abalone ovals and the "Custom Made" inlay at fret 21. The color may be TK (transparent black), which looks more like a deep chocolate (that seems closest to "tiger brown" he describes). The pickups were QMs and they had a lo-pro edge. I've been trying out a bunch of S540s, and just picked up one of these S540QS's for $400. I've seen quite a few of them go for under $500. But this may turn out to be the S540 I settle on. It looks cool, feels great and I really like the idea of the bubinga stripe on these late-model Wizard necks. Can't say much about the QMs yet: they've gotten mixed reviews, but it seems like most people swap them out.
stratoskier

Tags
body shape , neck joint , pro edge , production model

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode