Ibanez S540LTD, Whats it worth? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-10-2009, 11:14 AM Thread Starter

Smile Ibanez S540LTD, Whats it worth?

Hello everybody,

This is my first post and I hope sombody can help me out.

I live here in the UK and Iím looking at buying an Ibanez Guitar from my local music shop. The guitar is being sold for somebody else by the shop (the shop is making about £100 on the deal).

The guitar is in excellent condition & comes with a case but the asking price is around £650 to £700, which I feel is a little high even for here in the UK. The shop owner (who is a friend of mine) is not sure of the model but due to a little detective work done by myself I have established that it is an ĎIbanez S540LTDDAB (Dark Adriatic Blue) Ė 1997í. Serial No. F9726609.

The question is do you think the guitar is worth that sort of money.

All the best to you all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-10-2009, 06:16 PM

Reviews: 120
Re: Ibanez S540LTD, Whats it worth?

That sounds like an incredibly high price! Taking in to account UK prices I would have imagined that the guitar would be worth maybe 400-450 pounds.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-11-2009, 07:35 AM

Reviews: 2

That's too much - you can get a second hand S prestige for this money.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-11-2009, 08:48 AM

Wouldn't pay more then 250-400 depending on state of guitar.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-11-2009, 12:17 PM

I bought a prestige recently for only 349 USD with the case! it is a little bit thicker than the Sabre you are looking at but it plays well. I think a good price for the guitar is no more that 600 USD if you are getting the case and also the guitar is in excellent condition. I have several of these guitars. I like the thinner body and the output jack placement. They also have amazing tone, they vibrate very well, most have the Wizard II neck which is nice. Also make sure that you are getting a tremolo model (Floyd Type - LoPro or EDGE) the cheaper models also play well and most people pay way too much for them. In the end it is up to you do you like the guitar? Does it inspire you? If so pay the money and be happy, if you are interested, I can point you to some good places to look for this guitar if you are really looking to buy this particular model.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-11-2009, 12:24 PM

If it was an 89-92 with a square heel it would be priced spot on! However being one of the last AANJ versions i wouldnt pay more than 500 for it,but this guitar ****s on any korean prestige version in the same price range! If you like the look and feel of the guitar buy it,no one ever regrets owning japanese sabers with THE original wizard neck,but aim for 500 quid max. In Australia these usually go up to 1500aud(750 pounds) for high end square heels,though the last one i bought i got for around 400 quid which i was very very happy with. No more than 500 mate for this,but either way you WILL LOVE IT! Dont base your desicion too much on the US Jemsiters though as they pay less for these as, luckily for them, there are alot of these over there and shipping is very reasonable,LUCKY BUGGERS!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 06:04 PM Thread Starter

Thanks everybody, I got it for £525.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode