Ibanez SA guitars / non-locking tremolos - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By mlusiak

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-22-2018, 12:57 PM Thread Starter

Ibanez SA guitars / non-locking tremolos

In my quest for an H-S or H-S-S Ibanez guitar I keep running into the SA series guitars. I'm not too familiar with them, though I know they range from cheap like an SA160 to more pricey Premium, Prestige, and even a Larry Mitchell signature J-Custom. Never been a fan of non-locking tremolos, so I've always blocked them or just avoided them and opted for a solid bridge even though lots of pro's use them with great success and stability. So I'm wondering... How are the various non-locking tremolos on the SA series guitars? I've seen them with Sat Pro, Sat Pro II, SynchroniZR, and T102 trems... Do they even make an SA with a solid bridge? How about an H-S model?

I'm kind of intrigued by them, as I really love my old vintage 540S (my main "go to" guitar) but could use a maple topped version with H-S or H-S-S. Maybe I'll try one sometime and see how they feel. Not sure of the quality of the different models either... but usually the price gives a good idea. Tired of waiting around for an RG3XXV or reasonable priced RG565 to show itself around my area!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 06:51 PM

Re: Ibanez SA guitars / non-locking tremolos

Played recently a lot on a friend's SA2020FM as she was getting setup. It's HH, there're some HSS SA series guitars, but none has HS.

This guitar has a Sat Pro bridge. It has very smooth action, works nicely for divebombs, but for pull-ups this guitar could use locking tuners.
FireEagle likes this.

Tags
sa series

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode