Ibanez sabre loaded with graphtech ghost midi - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 06:04 AM Thread Starter

Ibanez sabre loaded with graphtech ghost midi

Hi all, I have been modifying this ibanez s for a mate. It utilizes a graphtech ghost system. The midi jack was installed into the original guitar jack spot and a new jack was fitted to the rear. It had to be done like this because there was no where else i could fit it. The main board sits under the strings in a cavity where all the saddle piezios meet, midi jack,volume and quick switch. The original ibanez 5way switch cover has been changed to accommodate 2 mini switches. Being such a thin guitar i was really nervous doing the routing especially on the guitar jack.

Dimarzio fred bridge and air norton neck. 2 volumes/neck has push pull coil tap and a 3way switch
Midi ghost system has 1 volume and program patch up/down switch.
hapm gotoh tuners
Graphtech floyd rose

Note: my friend changed his mind half way into the project and decided he didn't want the acoustic phonic in conjunction with the midi. So thats why there is a unused battery boy and 3rd free micro switch spot. Also i still have to clip down the ribbon cable in the back cavity.

P.s i know not everyone likes midi guitars.

[IMG] [/IMG]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 04:08 PM Thread Starter

Re: Ibanez sabre loaded with graphtech ghost midi

bump, Not one reply? What a joke i thought all you guys where ibanez fans???
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 05:56 PM

Reviews: 120

If everyone else is like me I think we're just speechless! That's a lot of stuff shoved into an S. Good work, I hope it gives your friend the sounds they want.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 06:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePhantom View Post
If everyone else is like me I think we're just speechless! That's a lot of stuff shoved into an S. Good work, I hope it gives your friend the sounds they want.
We could have picked a way better guitar to do it to in relation to the size of the sabre. It was a lot to fit into it. Thanks for the sympathy reply haha

This is another s i found with a similar setup, if you think mine is tight look at this...https://www.google.com.au/search?q=i...2F%3B640%3B480
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 06:43 PM

wow! I didn't even notice the cover in between the pickups at 1st. That thing is rad! Great job!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 07:14 PM

Well done many. Fairly technical upgrades especially for an 'S'. Bets it'll sound like no other!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 09:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUITARMAGEDDON View Post
wow! I didn't even notice the cover in between the pickups at 1st. That thing is rad! Great job!
Thanks it is
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-12-2013, 09:58 AM

Quote:
bump, Not one reply? What a joke i thought all you guys where ibanez fans???
To be honest I don't care much for the s-series. But your work is really impressive, Nice!!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-12-2013, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the kind words. The s series is a unique instrument i can understand why people would be a bit skeptical.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 10:38 AM

Yikes - that's one heck of a thin body to cram all of that stuff in! As a hex guitar person myself I applaud your ingenuity in getting that all in there.

I think that's the first S I've seen with piezo/hex-out. I've seen tons of RGs and lots of other thicker bodied Ibanez guitars with that kind of capability but the S is so thin few dare to do it!

Suggestion: put a fake humbucker instead of the cover in that center position. I know that there are ways to get the hardware.....it would just be a facade but nobody would ever guess it's fully borged out!

Very cool! For my own instruments I didn't dare go that far since I wanted to be able to go back to stock if I had to:

The hardest part was moving the entire bridge pickup, pickup ring and everything north about 2-3 millimeters and still keep it stock looking so there would be room for the hex pickup to fit between the bridge and bridge pickup and still be able to use the Floyd Rose fully (up/down).
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 04:17 PM Thread Starter

[quote=aliensporebomb;1224659] Suggestion: put a fake humbucker instead of the cover in that center position. I know that there are ways to get the hardware.....it would just be a facade but nobody would ever guess it's fully borged out!

You mean like this ibanez s i own?

Its not my guitar so i couldn't care less about the cover plate. plus i have actually grown to like it. Thanks for the reply tho, its good to see someone that respects the challenge i had on this. I mostly posted it up so other people wanting to do the same to sabre can see some solution's if they decide to do the same mods

Tags
ibanez sabre

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode