Ibanez screws itís S buyers over again.. - Page 5 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 237 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 02:58 PM Thread Starter

Re: Ibanez screws itís S buyers over again..

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-man View Post
If anything the wood is swelling...differant woods react differantly.

It has nothing to do with the glue...unglueing??? or whatever it is your trying to say.
Which basically comes down to ibanez using crappy woods to save money. The thicker the neck the crappier the piece of maple you can use. THIS is why the Wizard II was made.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 237 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke^in View Post
You keep saying this without proof of dimensions. I've played one. If ANYTHING it's only 1mm thicker at the 12th and a tad wider. NOTHING like the wizard II.

Again this isn't why the S doesn't have the wizard now. So why are we talking about it?
Exactly!

And yes, I've played them too!
post #63 of 237 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 03:02 PM Thread Starter

And I am betting it's a 24 fret only thing. A 22 fret "modern" Wizard wouldn't be like that.

The 2004 ones weren't. And they were 5 piece. Again not that this has anything to do with why they didn't put a wizard on the S.

You'd think Ibanez would put it's thinnest neck on it's thinnest guitar.

Only makes sense.

I am going to wait till 2008 to see what Ibanez brings. If it's still the same WizardII middle pickup **** I will go through e b a y and grab up all the nice 99-2004 Prestige Ss I can find at a decent price. Since these are the last decent S prestiges Ibanez made.
post #64 of 237 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Right, but we aren't...

You said this

I should point out that 2005 Prestige RG Wizard is pretty much the same as my 2003 MIJ RG 450LTD Wizard II with the Prestige RG probably having slightly flatter profile while my RG has a slightly rounder profile but both about the same thickness overall.
I never said you said it was the same. I said LIKE. However you DID say it was "pretty much the same"
The Wizard II and Prestige Wizard comments are to do with the thickness not the width of the neck.

Quote:
Again they aren't.
Fine with me, I know they are very similiar and you need to play an 03 MIJ Wizard II before you set your conclusion in stone.

Quote:
And again, the reason the S doesn't have the wizard it had say in 2004 which WAS the same as the first wizard as far as specs go has nothing to do with the stability of the neck.

It has to do with Ibanez being cheap and making the S a Korea only guitar while still charging Japan prices.

Since Korea don't produce wizard necks, the S doesn't get one.

THIS IS WHY it doesn't have one. It has nothing to do with Ibanez having problems with the ORIGINAL wizard.

It's the SAME reason the EdgePros don't have locking studs. It's because Ibanez has been PINCHING PENNIES hoping the consumer wont notice.

Well they are.

I have a feeling Ibanez is heading for what Gibson and Fender went through in the 70s. It's not too late to turn back for them however.
Whatever man, I am not interested in why Ibanez is screwing you over or others by not giving a wizard to the S series or whatever locking nut issues. Never my intention to justify whatever reasons Ibanez has for doing that.

Just pointing out that current Wizards are nothing like the old Wizards and acknowledging what Rich said about old wizards being problematic.
post #65 of 237 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 03:19 PM

Man, I swore both of you guys are the same person (S-man, Ke^in), you guys speak the same, thinks the same, and were actually replying stuff directed at the other person.

Really, the topic is going way off topic and my comments has sparked that. I will leave things as it is so the topic can resume its original intentions. However, I will say this, you guys never played an 03 MIJ RG with the Wizard II before so don't be setting your conclusion in stone about the 03 Wizard II being vastly different from the 05 Prestige Wizards.
post #66 of 237 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 03:32 PM

I find it hilarious that 1 mm of wood (or so) has sparked such a discussion.
post #67 of 237 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmx23 View Post
The Wizard II and Prestige Wizard comments are to do with the thickness not the width of the neck.
That is what I believed you were referring to. They aren't close to the wizard IIs in thickness. They are closer to the wizard Is.
Quote:
Fine with me, I know they are very similiar and you need to play an 03 MIJ Wizard II before you set your conclusion in stone.
And I told you I have. I've played every single Ibanez neck out there just about.
Quote:
Whatever man, I am not interested in why Ibanez is screwing you over or others by not giving a wizard to the S series or whatever locking nut issues. Never my intention to justify whatever reasons Ibanez has for doing that.
Well this is what this thread is about...
Quote:
Just pointing out that current Wizards are nothing like the old Wizards and acknowledging what Rich said about old wizards being problematic.
I wasn't arguing that the original wizards weren't problematic. I said it had nothing to do with why the S doesn't come with one.

And the new wizards ARE like the old wizards. More so than they are like wizard IIs.

Not that THAT matters in my complaint either.

I am asking Ibanez to put the same neck that was in the 99-2004 wizards.

Which was a different neck than the 99-2004 wizard RGs 24 fret necks. But it had the SAME dimensions as the ORIGINAL wizard.
post #68 of 237 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Man, I swore both of you guys are the same person (S-man, Ke^in), you guys speak the same, thinks the same, and were actually replying stuff directed at the other person.
Oh there are tons more of us that have the SAME complaint. And it's a valid one.
Quote:
However, I will say this, you guys never played an 03 MIJ RG with the Wizard II before
Yes I have. How do you know what I have or have not played?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibateur View Post
I find it hilarious that 1 mm of wood (or so) has sparked such a discussion.
If that is all the difference there was, this thread wouldn't exist. Re-read the thread. Not only is the neck noticeably THICKER, it is SHAPED differently and has a different fretboard radius.

This gives the neck a completely different feel all-together.

There is a reason Ibanez still puts wizards in the J-Customs and most prestige guitars.

I am not saying the WizardII sucks. Hardly. Some people PREFER it. I am saying Ibanez USED to have an option. They took it away. Now they don't make a S I would buy.
post #69 of 237 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 03:48 PM

I have to agree with you guys, the S prestige's Wizard II is extremely thicker than my RG1570's Wizard. It's rediculous that the thinnest neck isnt on the thinnest guitar.
post #70 of 237 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

I can see them not being on the 470. But the Prestige model needs to have it. The neck-through model should have had it and no middle pickup. AND bridge options.

IMHO.
post #71 of 237 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Yes I have. How do you know what I have or have not played?
The 2003 MIJ RG4xx series were never released in USA. It was for the Asia market. I guess it is a safe assumption that you can't just walk into Guitar Center and pick one up.
post #72 of 237 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 04:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
The 2003 MIJ RG4xx series were never released in USA. It was for the Asia market. I guess it is a safe assumption that you can't just walk into Guitar Center and pick one up.
First you said a "03 MIJ Wizard II" now it's a specific guitar.

Either way, it's irrelevant to the point, and to the thread.You are just arguing for the sake of arguing.
post #73 of 237 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 04:15 PM
Vendor

There's more bogus crap in this thread than anything that resembles the truth, and as many conspiracy theories as surround Roswell.

There are NO Wizard necks on J Customs, not 17-19mm Wizards you're all thinking about.

The current Wizard is 18-20mm and 2mm wider than pre 05' Wizards.

If you're talking about the lousey profile of the MIK W2's then I fully understand, they suck. Far too hard D shaped with way too much meat in the shoulders. For whatever reason, that's the way they are. If you don't like it, then buy USED MIJ!!

Nobody is pinching pennies or screwing anybody. A sizeable amount of production capacity HAD to be moved to Korea as Fujigen clamps down on available capacity. The S was a victim, as was any S derivative, and if you REALLY knew how much of the MIJ production work is actually being done in Korea and shipped back and forth this would be a completely different thread.

Korea is also getting very expensive which is whi the further moves to Indonesia and China.
post #74 of 237 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 04:25 PM

Double post
post #75 of 237 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 04:27 PM

Quote:
First you said a "03 MIJ Wizard II" now it's a specific guitar.

Either way, it's irrelevant to the point, and to the thread.You are just arguing for the sake of arguing.
OMG, are you just dense? 2003 MIJ Wizard II necks can only be found on the 2003 MIJ RG4xx series, the only series in 2003 where MIJ Wizard II necks were used. Where else can you find a 2003 MIJ Wizard II neck? Point is, you never play a 2003 MIJ Wizard II neck before, which is very similiar to a 2005 Prestige Wizard.

Anyway, Rich has said it. The new Prestige are THICKER. Wizards II in papers are 2mm thicker than the old wizards. I guess, I am not crazy for saying a 2005 Prestige Wizard are very similiar with an 2003 MIJ Wizard II neck with the Ibanez neck profile tolerence of +- 1mm.

Tags
basswood guitar , basswood guitars , bridge pup , bubinga neck , electric guitar , equipped guitar , fat strat , fender strat , fender strats , frank gambale , fret guitar , fret guitars , fret neck , fret necks , fretboard radius , gambale model , guitar shop , humbucker guitar , ibanez dealer , ibanez guitars , ibanez neck , jem neck , jem neck profile , korean guitar , les paul , locking nut , locking stud , locking studs , maple fret , maple fretboard , maple neck , maple necks , neck finish , neck joint , neck thru , neil zaza , playing guitar , prestige guitar , prestige guitars , prestige wizard , pro edge , prs guitar , prs guitars , scarf joint , seymour duncan , shred machine , thicker necks , tung oil , warped neck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode