Ibanez screws itís S buyers over again.. - Page 6 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #76 of 237 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 04:42 PM
Vendor

Re: Ibanez screws itís S buyers over again..

They're WIDER by 2mm, thicker by 1.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 237 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 06:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmx23 View Post
OMG, are you just dense? 2003 MIJ Wizard II necks can only be found on the 2003 MIJ RG4xx series, the only series in 2003 where MIJ Wizard II necks were used. Where else can you find a 2003 MIJ Wizard II neck? Point is, you never play a 2003 MIJ Wizard II neck before, which is very similiar to a 2005 Prestige Wizard.
Point is, it has nothing to do with the thread. Not a thing. Not only are you being arguementive about something that is off topic, you are also being pretentiously condescending too.
Quote:
Anyway, Rich has said it. The new Prestige are THICKER. Wizards II in papers are 2mm thicker than the old wizards. I guess, I am not crazy for saying a 2005 Prestige Wizard are very similiar with an 2003 MIJ Wizard II neck with the Ibanez neck profile tolerence of +- 1mm.
I never said they weren't thicker. Pay attention. I said they didn't feel like WizardIIs.

They aren't SHAPED the same. I am not TALKING ABOUT THICKNESS.

Now they may feel like some obscure WizardII that was MIJ in 2003, but ....

NON OF THIS HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE TOPIC NOR IS IT RELEVANT

Last edited by Ke^in; 01-01-2007 at 06:17 PM.
post #78 of 237 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 06:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
There are NO Wizard necks on J Customs, not 17-19mm Wizards you're all thinking about.
The current Wizard is 18-20mm and 2mm wider than pre 05' Wizards.
Well then Ibanez is being deceiving by CALLING them wizards. Which is just another complaint I have. False advertising.
Quote:
If you're talking about the lousey profile of the MIK W2's then I fully understand, they suck. Far too hard D shaped with way too much meat in the shoulders. For whatever reason, that's the way they are. If you don't like it, then buy USED MIJ!!
I did. I'd also like to buy some new Ibanez guitars sometimes. This don't look like it's going to happen. So Ibanez now has 2 different versions of the WII as well?

Sounds like a cluster-fck How is the consumer supposed to know all this?
Quote:
Nobody is pinching pennies or screwing anybody.
It costs less to make guitars in Korea, yet the Prestige costs the same.
They production costs aren't the same. While they may be getting less so as years go on, in 2005 the S costs less to make. But Ibanez sold it for the same price.
Quote:
A sizeable amount of production capacity HAD to be moved to Korea as Fujigen clamps down on available capacity. The S was a victim, as was any S derivative, and if you REALLY knew how much of the MIJ production work is actually being done in Korea and shipped back and forth this would be a completely different thread.
I am not complaining about where it was being made. I said Ibanez should start making wizard profile necks in Korea as well. What is stopping them from doing that?

But you just admitted to what I was saying in the thread. The S is a victim. And so are those that buy it. It's not the S that it once was.

Last edited by Ke^in; 01-01-2007 at 06:23 PM.
post #79 of 237 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 07:20 PM
Vendor

Ibanez can call or rename or reprofile any neck they want and call it whatever they want. They are the manufacturer.

And not only is Korea getting very expensive, but WHAT THE MARKET WILL BEAR is the biggest factor in pricing. Don't like it, don't buy, it's THAT SIMPLE.
post #80 of 237 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Ibanez can call or rename or reprofile any neck they want and call it whatever they want. They are the manufacturer.
Yes they can! But that doesn't make it honest.
Quote:
And not only is Korea getting very expensive, but WHAT THE MARKET WILL BEAR is the biggest factor in pricing. Don't like it, don't buy, it's THAT SIMPLE.
Right, but that shouldn't stop someone from attempting to get Ibanez to fix things.

The S simply isn't the guitar it used to be. If enough people complain they will attempt to do SOMETHING about it. What that would consist of, I have no clue.

But Ibanez does have a history of attempting to cater to large complaints one way or another.

The wizard simply belongs on the S.

Otherwise It would like putting a wizard on a LesPaul. Simply doesn't belong.
post #81 of 237 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 07:29 PM
Vendor

My 78' Les Paul has a 19-21mm neck

Honest is whatever Ibanez says it is, they give the specs for it. It has CHANGED, get used to it. Maybe you should go chase some UFO's.
post #82 of 237 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

What does UFOs have to do with anything. I am not arguing that it is whatever Ibanez says it is.

I don't know what they fuss is about wanting Ibanez to start making quality S series guitars again.

I mean if they started screwing up Jems I am sure the backlash would be justified?
post #83 of 237 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 07:34 PM
Vendor

No, you're just arguing it's dishonest and deceiving in some way for them to make changes, puhlease.
post #84 of 237 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 07:35 PM Thread Starter

Oh I still believe that them calling a neck a "wizard neck" and it not having a wizard profile IS dishonest. Why would they call it that other than to deceive?
post #85 of 237 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 07:39 PM
Vendor

I'm not repeating things 2 or 3 times because you don't buy them the first time. Again, go chase UFO's.
post #86 of 237 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

Just because I don't agree with what you say doesn't mean you have to repeat yourself.

Again my beliefs have nothing to do with UFOs.
post #87 of 237 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 07:45 PM
Vendor

>>You've given me no other reason Ibanez would do this.

Reason for what, to make a CHANGE?! Puhlease, I've already given you the reason for the change. And they're the manufacturer, they can change it to whatever they want, call it whatever they want, and then have some people like you make up huge conspiracy theories out of how they're just out to dupe buyers
post #88 of 237 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 07:47 PM Thread Starter

No I mean make a change and then STILL call it the same thing. Not just make the change.

Why did they call the wizard II wizard II?

Why didn't they just call it "wizard" as well?
post #89 of 237 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 07:49 PM
Vendor

I'm not beating my head on this wall any longer.
post #90 of 237 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 07:55 PM

Quote:
A sizeable amount of production capacity HAD to be moved to Korea as Fujigen clamps down on available capacity. The S was a victim, as was any S derivative, and if you REALLY knew how much of the MIJ production work is actually being done in Korea and shipped back and forth this would be a completely different thread.
I just have a question...

It seems that from what I've read on here that Ibanez makes guitars at Fujigen with several other guitar manufacturers by sharing the factory in a way. Is that correct?

Now if Ibanez bought their own factory, could all the prestige guitars be made in Japan without a problem? It'd be their factory so the production capacity would be 100% Ibanez so they could make more models in Japan.

Is this not possible? Ibanez is a pretty large guitar manufacturing company, I'm hoping over time they could pay something like their own factory off without increasing the prices of their guitars...

But I'm just asking a question not making any facts. If someone could help me understand why this move hasn't been made than I'd be grateful.

And I have one more question...

You said "if we knew how much of MIJ production is actually being done in Korea"...
I'm almost afraid of the answer...but could you tell us how much of the MIJ work is really being done in Korea??

Tags
basswood guitar , basswood guitars , bridge pup , bubinga neck , electric guitar , equipped guitar , fat strat , fender strat , fender strats , frank gambale , fret guitar , fret guitars , fret neck , fret necks , fretboard radius , gambale model , guitar shop , humbucker guitar , ibanez dealer , ibanez guitars , ibanez neck , jem neck , jem neck profile , korean guitar , les paul , locking nut , locking stud , locking studs , maple fret , maple fretboard , maple neck , maple necks , neck finish , neck joint , neck thru , neil zaza , playing guitar , prestige guitar , prestige guitars , prestige wizard , pro edge , prs guitar , prs guitars , scarf joint , seymour duncan , shred machine , thicker necks , tung oil , warped neck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode