Ibanez singlecut :D - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 08:17 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation Ibanez singlecut :D

OK, so the story is i wanted a cheaper and more simple guitar as a sort of contrast to my jem, so about the time i go looking for reviews of epiohines, PRS's and the odd standard fender i eventually am about to give up and so i go onto merchant city music dot com and right there on the front page is....

The ibanez ART320, avialable in 3 different model number, this one's the middleground.

One problem is that all 3 come as with the same ibane LZ(whatever that means) active pickups, don't get me wrong, they're sorta nice but I'm all about having a different guitar than everyone else!

ok so heres the questions,

1) when buying new pickups, what spacing do i get? i heard somewhere u measure the space between the poles, but it doesnt have any!! ><

2) what pickups would u suggest for this mahogany guitar?
(i was thinking dimarzio air norton neck and Tone zone bridge)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 04:25 PM

Re: Ibanez singlecut :D

The new art guitars are awesome, but the pickups are awful so you're very wise to change them out. I believe the correct spacing would be an F-Spaced bridge, and a Standard-Spaced neck. In my "gotta get one of these" contemplation stage, I had a buddy at the store I go to pull two Dimarzio pickups from their boxes to check the spacing. Mind you, this was very approximate and done with the pickup held OVER the strings, but F-Spaced looked more right than standard in the bridge position.

As far as suggestions go, well, I now use Bare Knuckle pickups but if we're talking DiMarzio I'd probably go with something a little less bass/low-mid focused than the Tone Zone. I've heard the TZ be very woofy and mud-heavy in a set-neck mahogany bodied guitar. I don't have any experience with an Air Norton in that sort of guitar. My most recent favorite DiMarzio pickup combo was the Steve's Special in the bridge and the D-Activator Neck.

Tags
air norton , air norton neck , art guitar , bare knuckle pickups , bridge position , dimarzio air , dimarzio air norton , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , norton neck , pickup combo , tone zone , tone zone bridge , zone bridge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode