Ibanez Std. DL tremolo bridge? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-18-2016, 10:43 PM Thread Starter

Ibanez Std. DL tremolo bridge?

Not sure if this topic has been covered already. But has anyone tried this bridge from the current RG standard series?
I've been wondering if a better quality trem would fit this cavity as a drop in replacement.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-25-2016, 04:29 PM

Re: Ibanez Std. DL tremolo bridge?

Std. DL tremolo isn't a specific bridge, it just means "standard double locking tremolo bridge." The current standard bridge on a standard rg is the edge zero ii, which is a great bridge, that WILL stay in tune through anything. Previously, the rgs had the edge III, which is a bad bridge because the knife edges were made of soft metal and warped.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-25-2016, 04:30 PM

What model guitar and year do you have?
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-25-2016, 04:44 PM
Vendor

Std DL is the name on the bridge they're using on the entry level including the JEM333.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 07:02 AM

Can't remember where I heard this, but someone mentioned that an Original Floyd and possibly an Original Edge should be a direct swap for the Std. DL, as it's some kind of licensed Floyd type thing. Anyone got any further info on this?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-24-2016, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebSchmidt View Post
Can't remember where I heard this, but someone mentioned that an Original Floyd and possibly an Original Edge should be a direct swap for the Std. DL, as it's some kind of licensed Floyd type thing. Anyone got any further info on this?
Depends on which standard trem was on the guitar. An original floyd will fit into an edge III route, I'm not sure about edge zero ii.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-07-2016, 12:56 AM

anyone know what it's the stud spacing of this new bridge?

I'm tempted to buy a Jem Jr to use it as a project guitar, but I need to know what kind of replacement bridge i would need to get eventually

By the way, are the stud of this bridge any good? maybe the will need replacing too xD

Tags
ibanez , rg standard , std. dl tremolo bridge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode