Ibanez Vinnie Moore signature model.. - link to a pic includ - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-06-2001, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

Ibanez Vinnie Moore signature model.. - link to a pic includ

http://www.kelownaguitarworks.com/ke...ail.asp?ID=109

Anyone know anything about these guitars? I heard that they're slightly modified versions of Ibanez's "Pro Line" models.. Any more pics available, info about the pickups, trem, whatever?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-06-2001, 12:04 PM

Ibanez Vinnie Moore signature model..

Hmm. that looks like a strat with a ibanez neck or just head..
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-06-2001, 12:14 PM

could be a custom one of a kind since it says it got a signature on the back.. *

(Edited by Jay Satriani at 5:24 pm on Nov. 6, 2001)
post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-06-2001, 12:43 PM
Vendor

Definately a VM1SH, last made in 89'. To my knowledge the first Sig model to sport an AANJ.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-06-2001, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

Rich, I had a hunch you'd know a thing or two about these.. Ever played one? Got any info on them?
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-06-2001, 12:58 PM
Vendor

Nope, never had one. Prices are all over the place, saw a mint one sell (ebay) for $405, saw a not mint one sell for $650. BTW it has the Edge II, no fine tuners.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-06-2001, 01:59 PM

The VM-1 was a hybrid guitar, taking from the Pro Line and Roadstar series of guitars.

The Edge 2 bridge on the guitar is similar to the early original Floyds, without the fine tuners. The strings lock at the bridge, and Sperzel locking tuners hold at the headstock.

The pickups are DiMarzio Double Whammy model in each position.

Honduras Mahogany body, maple neck, ebony fingerboard.

The neck on the guitar actually had a small extension that went under the pickguard. To allow deeper cutaways, the two neck bolts furthest into the body are under the neck pickup.

The guitar is probably a production model. Vinnie was doing Ibanez clinics at the time, and it wasn't unusual for him to sign his model guitars. The finish is also stock.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Butch
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-06-2001, 05:46 PM

That's a cool neck design. *I think Yamaha did the same thing with the Warmoth necks on the Pacifica 9xx guuitars...
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-06-2001, 10:58 PM

I forgot that Vinne Moore used a Floyd with no fine tuners... i had no idea it was an Edge variant. Ibanez needs to put that back into production again. I'd buy one!
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-06-2001, 11:07 PM

Explain to me again why no fine tuners in a GOOD thing on a locking bar? *Wouldn't that be a SERIOUS pain? *I mean, after locking I have to fine tune SLIGHTLY just from the locking action...

Wanna save weight? *get a Wilkie.
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-06-2001, 11:12 PM
Vendor

Evedently the locking tuners don't have this problem? Never screwed with any so I'm clueless there.

I remembered there was an Edge style without fine tuners, but until I looked at the cat I didn't remember it was actually called the Edge II.
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-07-2001, 12:34 AM

*Looked at the cat?
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-07-2001, 01:31 AM

heheheh cat = catalogue

LOL i could just picture it though... you pick up a cat, look at it *meow!* put it down, then go back to guitars with everything figured out...

heheh cats are the coolest little creatures imho... :biggrin:

and about this edge with no tuners... i think that'd be wierd. i usually have to fine tune after locking, but if the locks are on the bridge, then i guess you wouldn't need to worry about it...
sounds interesting...
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-07-2001, 02:57 AM

Yeah, that confused me....I thought he meant he was trying to think of something, and somehow when he looked at his cat, something about his cat jogged his memory and he remembered it suddenly...I have done that before...but yeah...I dunno...I was just a little there....damn...I was like, "Does Rich even HAVE a cat???"

And yeah, I love cats too....much cooler than dogs, goats, rams, etc....and easier to have around the house than those other things too....even though I think Ron would disagree with me! *He's got a really pretty boxer! *But that's getting off the subject....

That Vinnie Moore is pretty damn cool looking IMHO...
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-07-2001, 03:14 AM
Vendor

I imediately typed a responce...

a log :biggrin:

But what a hectic night and it never posted (never hit the second enter!) which I do alot when it's hectic. I had a cat, and a dog. I loved the dog more. Especially when the cat was getting old and clawing her way onto the leather couch cause she couldn't bounce on it anymore! But pets are family, they get old, they die, they make your heart ache. I still think about my dog alot (rarely the cat) but I'm in no rush to get pinned into having the responsibility of a pet, and seriously doubt I ever will again unless (God forbid) I ever get married again or something!

Tags
ebony fingerboard , ernie ball , floyd rose , fret board , ibanez clinic , ibanez neck , locking nut , locking tuners , mahogany body , maple neck , neck bolts , neck pickup , petrucci model , production model , roadstar series , sperzel locking , sperzel locking tuners , vinnie moore , warmoth neck , yngwie malmsteen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode