Ibanez voyager, Reb Beach - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

Ibanez voyager, Reb Beach

Im new on the jemsite and could use a little help. I have a chance to buy a black 1991 Voyager RBM and need to know whats a good price to pay for it. It's made in Japan. the trem has been replaced with a new a real Floyd Rose and the pickups are dimarzio. the guitar looks like it has some small scratches but no paint missing.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 01:44 PM

Re: Ibanez voyager, Reb Beach

All depends on what it's worth to you. I'm no expert, but I would expect under $800, possibly around $600, give or take. I dunno, today's market, non-original trem, it's hard to put an exact figure on it. If you really want the guitar, I wouldn't worry too much about what the "correct" market value is.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 04:48 PM

Thumbs up Re: Ibanez voyager, Reb Beach

I know just the guitar your talking about (Brandon CL). It's an awesome deal for 600, I personally own 25 different Ibanezes and this would be a great addition to my collection, but it's not in my budget at the moment or I'd be all over it. Just look at it. awesome body style, really deep cutaways. if your worried about the pups or bridge then search e.bay for the originals. And I don't see Reb making a comeback anytime soon, Winger kinda sucked anyway. But still an awesome guitar.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cultusatanas View Post
And I don't see Reb making a comeback anytime soon.
Too late, he's back with Winger, and they most certainly do not suck

http://www.wingertheband.com/
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 05:32 PM

I didn't say they "sucked" only "kinda sucked"......... Reb Beach kicks butt (Kip Winger not so much) and so does the Voyager.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 05:43 PM

Reviews: 2

Just looked this one up. Be very careful about this one. If it's an RBM-1, it's a good deal. On the other hand, if it's an RBM-10, it's grossly over priced. The RBM-1 was Japanese, while the RBM-10 was of Korean origin. The 10's were made with inferior parts and alot less attention to build quality. Check the serial number....if it starts with an F, it's and RBM-1.....starts with a C, it's a Korean made RBM-10.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 11:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberthrall View Post
Check the serial number....if it starts with an F, it's and RBM-1.....starts with a C, it's a Korean made RBM-10.
I talked to the guy and he says the serial number starts with a F and is marked made in Japan. So I guess its a real RBM1. The Japan model was made better and worth more? thanks

Last edited by mrnomad; 12-29-2009 at 10:52 AM.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 11:51 AM

If it is in Michigan and his name is Axe_Caliber, it is the real deal, and the guy is cool.
I am real surprised he has had it this long...it is a good deal.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 12:25 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalgod72 View Post
If it is in Michigan and his name is Axe_Caliber, it is the real deal, and the guy is cool.
I am real surprised he has had it this long...it is a good deal.

Axe_Caliber - AKA Kenny Shelton, is a little piece of sh!t scumbag that blatantly stole $100 from me for a JPM cert, and then told me to piss off.

And his current e-bay status from the thieving he was doing there

axe_caliber ( 88 ) Not a registered user

Yea, real cool guy.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 03:27 PM

No this one's in Tampa Bay.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 09:31 AM Thread Starter

Well I didn't end up getting this Voyager but it was pretty nice even though it has some scratches on the back of the body. but over all nice. Who ever gets this is getting a nice guitar.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 12:06 PM

The guy I dealt with named Axe Caliber, I don't recall his name being Kenny...His real name was neil and he had a few RBMs that were scalloped, and he was also into Jacksons...I think he used to post a lot on the Ibanez Forum board.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 12:27 PM
Vendor

Same guy. That name was the registered **** name, and who he had me send the check to. Later in email he said his real name was Neil. Scumsucking piece of **** whatever his name is.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 04:39 PM

sorry to hear about that Rich..I never dealt with him business wise...it was just BS'ing about guitars...he told me had just had back surgery or something...BUT I seem to remember him getting into a HUGE pissin match over a JCF...go check it out, I wonder if that is the same guy, I think he ever got banned.

Tags
ibanez voyager

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode