ibanez vs schecter vs caaprison necks - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

ibanez vs schecter vs caaprison necks

I'm thinking of getting a new guitar.
I have 2 guitars now a Cort X-2(Ibanez RG series copy I thinks) and a Cort M600, a PRS copy, I don't like to play that much the M600. I like much better the neck and also the 24 frets of the X-2

MY question is, that I've heard a lot of people complaining that schecters have baseball bat neck, but I looked at the stats and they have almost the same size in mms ibanez, schecter and caparison. But people say that Ibanez guitar have a lot thinner neck, and that Caparison guitars are much comfortable than Ibanez. I know you will say that I should try it out, but the musicstores don't have any of them so I would like your opinion.
Also shcecter fretboards seem to have a little c chape, and ibanez are flat, how do these compare to each other?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 08:26 PM

Reviews: 15
Re: ibanez vs schecter vs caaprison necks

The Schecters I've tried feel nothing like any Ibanez with a wizard neck. In fact they're closer to a PRS or Ibanez SZ/SZR. No idea about the Caparison necks though.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 09:08 PM

Caparison are fat to flat in profile,fat n round under 1st 4 frets and getting thinner n flatter to 12th.
42mm nut and more than likely a compound radius like Jackson guitars.

Ibanez super wizard is thin from 1st fret to last,43mm nut and flat 430mm radius all the way.
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-11-2012, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

What about the freatboard? I see that IBanez guitar have fully flat fretboard, and schecter have a bit rounded one. I know you say that I should try them out, but I would really like some opinions how do you compare them?
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-11-2012, 04:29 PM

ibanez doesn't really have a full flat board. It's the radius is just really wide. there's still a slight curve to it. Classical nylons have an infinite radius, they are fully flat.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

I still don't get it why people say schecters have baseball bat necks

Ibanez RG premium
Scale648mm/25.5"a : Width at Nut43mmb : Width at Last Fret58mmc: Thickness at 1st18mmd : Thickness at 12th20mmRadius400mmR
Hellraiser C-1
Scale Length: 648mm/25.5”
A: Width at Nut- 42mm
B: Width at Last Fret- 56mm
C: Thickness at 1st Fret- 20mm
D: Thickness at 12th Fret- 22mm
Radius: 355mm/14”

Doesn't seem a huge difference to me :S
I haven't tried any Schecters yet, just Ibanez, but Ibanez necks were really confortable to me.
So what makes that huge difference that makes the schecter feel like a "baseball bat" neck?

Caparison Dellinger:
Radius:
R350 to R400
Couldn't find how thick is the neck, but almost every people said that it is more confortable than an Ibanez neck

Last edited by ChaserHUN; 09-12-2012 at 02:16 PM.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 04:42 PM

20-22mm with a round profile is baseball bat to me,i prefer the thiner,flatter,wider17-19mm of a Ibanez super wizard.

My caparison is awesome.....but the ibanez superwizard is my #1 neck.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012, 01:42 AM Thread Starter

So the RG premiums neck would feel like baseball bat too to you?
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaserHUN View Post
So the RG premiums neck would feel like baseball bat too to you?
I only play Japanese...but yeah i dont enjoy those necks...not too mention the 400mm radius.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012, 11:18 AM Thread Starter

Hmm, my cort x-2 specs:
NECK Maple, Modern "U" Shape NECK WIDTH 1F : 43mm / 24F : 56mm NECK THICKNESS 1F : 19mm / 12F : 21mm FINGERBOARD
Rosewood, 15 3/4" Radius (400mm)
Feels pretty thin to me

Cort M600:
NECK Mahogany, Modern "C" Shape NECK WIDTH 1F : 43mm / 22F : 56mm NECK THICKNESS 1F : 20mm / 12F : 22mm FINGERBOARD
Rosewood, 12" Radius(305mm)

This I don't feel too confortable, especially that you can't adjust each strings height, it's not for shredding

What are the wizard necks? C shape os U or D?

Haven't tried a guitar with 17-19mm thickness, would be good to know how that feels. How does does a thin neck like that affect tone?
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-14-2012, 01:03 AM

You play all of them and I know you'll come to the same conclusion I did - Ibanez makes the thinnest, fastest necks in the business. Only guitars I've ever played that were comparable in terms of neck comfort are vintage Jacksons from the 80s, which obviously aren't being made anymore lol Schecter doesn't make a guitar that I've found comfortable as far as the necks, all the ones I played it was like holding a baseball bat.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-15-2012, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey j grieve View Post
I only play Japanese...but yeah i dont enjoy those necks...not too mention the 400mm radius.
You can tell the difference between 430mm and 400mm radius?

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2012, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironfistx View Post
You can tell the difference between 430mm and 400mm radius?

Yes i can,but its more the combo of that and the indo neck shape and size that i don't like.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2012, 01:57 PM

Reviews: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceguitarplayer View Post
You play all of them and I know you'll come to the same conclusion I did - Ibanez makes the thinnest, fastest necks in the business. Only guitars I've ever played that were comparable in terms of neck comfort are vintage Jacksons from the 80s, which obviously aren't being made anymore lol Schecter doesn't make a guitar that I've found comfortable as far as the necks, all the ones I played it was like holding a baseball bat.

That's for sure,,,,,,had an SL2H for a while and was expecting a neck like my Jems, since the soloist is a shred guitar. Well, the SL2H felt more like a Les Paul neck than an Ibanez. I no longer have the Jackson, but am up to multiple Ibanez guitars
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey j grieve View Post
Yes i can,but its more the combo of that and the indo neck shape and size that i don't like.
I don't know that I can tell a difference between 430mm and 400mm but I can definitely tell a difference between a Wizard III and Wizard I.

I can even tell a difference between the Wizard Premium and Wizard I.

Tags
ibanez caparison schecter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode