IBANEZ WANTS TO KNOW WHICH MODELS THEY SHOULD RE-ISSUE. - Page 2 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 267 (permalink) Old 04-24-2003, 03:10 AM

i've seen vinnie moore holding a flying v but dunno exactly what model it was. it'd be good for ibanez to break away from the super-strat shape, they did it with the destroyer & iceman. this particular V has a very player friendly upper fret access due to a treble side cutaway (at the body-neck joint area). i don't think this is offered by any other Vs. IMO it's ok if it's featured as an X series even...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 267 (permalink) Old 04-24-2003, 03:28 AM
Vendor

I do find it disturbing that Ibanez would be considering doing reissues when there are many models such as the chrome Jem that would be so well recieved. Limited availability of some of these home market and offshore models which are being ordered from overseas by potential customers every day. Reissues are for companies that have nothing new left to offer, and should be saved until that day comes
post #18 of 267 (permalink) Old 04-24-2003, 03:39 AM

How about re-issueing older ibanez's like the les-paul, blazers etc.. those woth different headstocks not like the current ibanez trademark headstocks. That will be a cool collector's item i guess. Improving those older models like stuffing in different pickup's etc.. Men, This will be way cool! But probley current collector's of vintage ibanez guitars are gonna be angry!
post #19 of 267 (permalink) Old 04-24-2003, 03:49 AM

Lemmie just put on my bullet-proof vest here...

I think there'd be a more receptive market now to a 555 with the new trem. But please ditch the inlay. Howzabout pyramids!

It's already out there in some markets (with the same half-half inlay though).

...I'd like to see a more 'traditional' UV reissued (ie: without all that expensive abalone/pearl/mirror/unicorn-horn/phoenix-feather trim). Maybe a PWH with a pearloid pickguard and Evo 7's...

Or those sweet wood-finish Icemans... Icemen... Icemanses.
post #20 of 267 (permalink) Old 04-24-2003, 04:13 AM

As far as reissues go I'm all for the Radius! I'd love to have one in blue sparkle w/ matching headstock! Swirled Jems would be a really cool reissue too!!

I agree with some new JS colors. White, and black pearl are nice, but they've been around way to long. A 90HAM paintjob on a JS1000 would be awesome, but I'd prefer different colors. We need to get a new graphic JS here sometime soon I know Joe has got to have all kinds of cool ideas he'd like to have done! Or what about a doubleneck JS like the one he has now? Seven string JS would be cool too!

How about some RG's with a JS neck profile, or Radius profile. Thats the only thing that stops me from keeping, or buying an RG. The necks are just to damn wide, and flat for my hands! Love everything, but those damn necks
post #21 of 267 (permalink) Old 04-24-2003, 05:21 AM

How about they just make guitars with matching paint on the head stocks?
post #22 of 267 (permalink) Old 04-24-2003, 06:54 AM

540 Power
540 Power II
RG565
JS Rainforest
post #23 of 267 (permalink) Old 04-24-2003, 07:06 AM

Last edited by Kim Stenberg; 11-25-2007 at 04:43 AM.
post #24 of 267 (permalink) Old 04-24-2003, 08:24 AM
dex

540PII
maple fretboard JEM (777DY rather than BFP)

ilia
post #25 of 267 (permalink) Old 04-24-2003, 08:35 AM

I want another blueburst radius, but with an AANJ. I haven't gone to eBay since I got this guitar.

Ebony fingerboard and cosmo hardware would be nice, but then it wouldn't be a reissue. ;-)
post #26 of 267 (permalink) Old 04-24-2003, 08:36 AM

Count me in for a Radius, maybe one with a fixed bridge (like those SZ-Models). And yes, matching headstock would be fine too...
post #27 of 267 (permalink) Old 04-24-2003, 09:22 AM

RG565
JS6
PGM800
PGM500
RG7621OL (is that right?)
RG621 (bring it here)
RG2027
post #28 of 267 (permalink) Old 04-24-2003, 10:05 AM

JS6 with AANJ

Somebody above mentioned an oiled Radius. So if Joe doesn't like the AANJ, then just make it a mahagony 540R with a fixed bridge and an AANJ.

I also agree that there is generally no point in reissuing older limited edition guitars. They would only be for the sake of collecting and because they are rare now. I believe a better approach would be to reissue guitars that are now rare due to the fact that they came out at a time when they were commercially not well received and therefor didn't sell well -- but would now make a significant mark and find a right niche.
post #29 of 267 (permalink) Old 04-24-2003, 10:27 AM

Another vote for the RG565, maybe with more than the 3 original colours somthing like silver, white, purple plus the red, blue, black
post #30 of 267 (permalink) Old 04-24-2003, 10:35 AM

Definitely a fixed-bridge oiled Radius in some exotic woods like koa, walnut or mahogany. Matching headstock veneers, too, please.

Re-issuing the Artfield line would be VERY cool as well.

Also, why not re-issue the old Artist models with the walnut bodies and big headstocks?

How about the DT555 with three DiMarzios and a Kahler?

One more:

Maxxas!

Tags
alder bodies , alex skolnick , art guitar , bfp jem , body shape , bridge hum , bridge humbucker , chrome hardware , chrome jem , coil tap , cosmo hardware , custom exotic wood , custom guitar , custom guitars , custom shop , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , ebony board , ebony fingerboard , ebony fretboard , ebony fretboards , eddie van halen , edge bridge , edge pro trem , edge trem , edge trems , evo pickups , fixed bridge , fixed bridge model , fixed bridge models , floyd rose , fret access , fret neck , fret necks , heavy metal , ibanez backstop , ibanez custom shop , ibanez guitars , ibanez jem , ibanez models , jem bfp , jem gmc , jem swirl , jimi hendrix , john petrucci , les paul , locking stud , locking studs , locking tremolo , locking trems , mahogany body , maple fingerboard , maple fingerboards , maple fret , maple fretboard , maple neck , maple necks , moore signature model , neck binding , neck joint , neck joints , neck thru , pearloid pickguard , pickup combo , playing guitar , pointy headstock , powersound pickups , pro edge , pro edge trem , pro edge trems , pyramid inlay , pyramid inlays , reverse headstock , reverse headstocks , road flare red , rosewood fretboard , rosewood fretboards , scalloped frets , sharktooth inlay , sharktooth inlays , swirled jem , tone zone , tremolo system , triple neck , trs trems , upper fret , upper fret access , usa custom exotic wood , usa custom shop , van halen , vinnie moore , vinnie moore signature model , viper neck , volume knobs , white pearloid pickguard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode