IBANEZ WANTS TO KNOW WHICH MODELS THEY SHOULD RE-ISSUE. - Page 5 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 267 (permalink) Old 04-25-2003, 05:46 PM

Ibanez needs to add bound necks to the RG lineup. To me an RG without a bound neck just is not much of an RG. I would propose that Ibanez re-issue the JCRG-3VV (I have one and it is my absolute favorite Ibanez guitar) or they should introduce a guitar that is like the JPM100's but instead of the picasso graphic they could put a quilt or flame top on it. I think that there is considerable demand for it considering how popular the USRG30's are on the used market (I was even tricked into buying one those, they are ok but they really do not feel like an ibanez at all, PBC did not do a good job of shaping the body contours and heel joints), not only that but there are many people who prefer the JPM switching and control layout (not me, but many people I have spoken to) but do not want to have to buy an EBMM just to get it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 267 (permalink) Old 04-25-2003, 05:55 PM
Vendor

That would be the RG620 [not sure if the neck is bound though]
post #63 of 267 (permalink) Old 04-25-2003, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soloist
Ibanez needs to add bound necks to the RG lineup. To me an RG without a bound neck just is not much of an RG.
I amend my previous list to:

540PII
RG750

--c.
post #64 of 267 (permalink) Old 04-25-2003, 07:40 PM

Rich, I figured you would interject that; yes the RG620QS was close but it did not have a bound neck (or a clearcoat for that matter).
post #65 of 267 (permalink) Old 04-25-2003, 08:49 PM

Rich- just read your review. Sounds like the "clearance sales" may only result in short-term depreciation of the '02 models, if they don't do something about the studs. Damn, i really had my eye on a 1527...

I just played an Ergodyne bass at soundcheck for my gig tonight- our bassist has another gig immediately beforehand, so he borrowed a second (and incidentally quite a bit nicer ) setup for our show. That body shape is AMAZING- it just clings to you, it's the most comfortable guitar I've ever played.

So, I would absolutely LOVE to see a 6 and 7 string guitar version of that body style introduced. I would buy one in a heartbeat- sell my soul, prostitution, whatever it takes.

-Drew
post #66 of 267 (permalink) Old 04-25-2003, 08:58 PM

Reissuing the Maxxas would be nice. But a little more anatomically correct with 24 frets this time and only in black and JS90 blue. A Jem and UV in BMC (wowsers Penny ) would be cool. With scalloped frets from 20-24 on the UV as well. At least they should give us a cool high-end axe and no extra cheap crap that's only supposed to sell because it's bluer or shinier than other brands.
post #67 of 267 (permalink) Old 04-25-2003, 09:59 PM

Id really like to see a RG565 in the lineup again.
post #68 of 267 (permalink) Old 04-25-2003, 09:59 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew
Rich- just read your review. Sounds like the "clearance sales" may only result in short-term depreciation of the '02 models, if they don't do something about the studs. Damn, i really had my eye on a 1527...

-Drew
Of course I'll be doing 2LE2B upgrades, but the price just went up significantly ;/
post #69 of 267 (permalink) Old 04-26-2003, 02:16 AM

One word: VOYAGER!

To my liking this was, along with the Jem's, the only good Ibanezes ever. I'd like to see the koa version of this guitar, preferably with 24 frets.

Mikael
post #70 of 267 (permalink) Old 04-26-2003, 11:29 AM

540p2
Oh and none guitar related how bout reissuing the backstop tremsetter
post #71 of 267 (permalink) Old 04-26-2003, 12:20 PM

YES! Didn't even think of that!

Backstop, backstop, backstop, backstop!

Mic
post #72 of 267 (permalink) Old 04-26-2003, 04:13 PM

I agree with Jemsite, I want to see Ibanez expand, not reissue. Yes, multi-colored jems and chromeboys are cool, lets leave them that way. Like someone else said, I'd like to see some newer body styles. More varietys in woods, finishes, bridges, etc. would also be great.
post #73 of 267 (permalink) Old 04-26-2003, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicJustMic
YES! Didn't even think of that!

Backstop, backstop, backstop, backstop!

Mic
If Ibanez could do it, the handrest as well.
post #74 of 267 (permalink) Old 04-26-2003, 07:14 PM

Ditto on the handrest - I can't make 'em all.
=]
post #75 of 267 (permalink) Old 04-27-2003, 08:40 AM

ohh please they MUST make more JPMs ....they MUST

Tags
alder bodies , alex skolnick , art guitar , bfp jem , body shape , bridge hum , bridge humbucker , chrome hardware , chrome jem , coil tap , cosmo hardware , custom exotic wood , custom guitar , custom guitars , custom shop , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , ebony board , ebony fingerboard , ebony fretboard , ebony fretboards , eddie van halen , edge bridge , edge pro trem , edge trem , edge trems , evo pickups , fixed bridge , fixed bridge model , fixed bridge models , floyd rose , fret access , fret neck , fret necks , heavy metal , ibanez backstop , ibanez custom shop , ibanez guitars , ibanez jem , ibanez models , jem bfp , jem gmc , jem swirl , jimi hendrix , john petrucci , les paul , locking stud , locking studs , locking tremolo , locking trems , mahogany body , maple fingerboard , maple fingerboards , maple fret , maple fretboard , maple neck , maple necks , moore signature model , neck binding , neck joint , neck joints , neck thru , pearloid pickguard , pickup combo , playing guitar , pointy headstock , powersound pickups , pro edge , pro edge trem , pro edge trems , pyramid inlay , pyramid inlays , reverse headstock , reverse headstocks , road flare red , rosewood fretboard , rosewood fretboards , scalloped frets , sharktooth inlay , sharktooth inlays , swirled jem , tone zone , tremolo system , triple neck , trs trems , upper fret , upper fret access , usa custom exotic wood , usa custom shop , van halen , vinnie moore , vinnie moore signature model , viper neck , volume knobs , white pearloid pickguard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode