IBANEZ WANTS TO KNOW WHICH MODELS THEY SHOULD RE-ISSUE. - Page 7 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 267 (permalink) Old 04-29-2003, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
How about they just pull out the 78'-95' catalogs and make everything
Great idea Rich, but do you really want them to bring back the TRS trems?

And how many people would buy the Vinnie Moore model?

How many here actually even REMEMBER him at this point in time?

If I'm insulting anyone that's a fan, it's not intentional, I've just not heard from him since . . . well . . . the 80's.

Or the Reb Beach model . . . the only thing I remember about him was a quote in an interview back in the late 80's . . .

"What would you say to Jimi Hendrix if he were here today?"

Reb - "Tune your guitar!"

Mic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 267 (permalink) Old 04-29-2003, 12:19 PM Thread Starter

Vinnie Moore? I just saw him a couple months ago at the winter NAMM show. He was hanging out with John Petrucci and Eddie Van Halen. Before seeing him there I hadn't heard anything about him for years. I'm putting a list together of all these suggestions and sending them to my Ibanez rep today. Thanks for responding!
post #93 of 267 (permalink) Old 04-29-2003, 01:14 PM

AFD's....

am I the only one who likes these?

....haven't read ANYTHING about these on the
forum.....
post #94 of 267 (permalink) Old 05-07-2003, 10:09 AM

Talmans!

Or is that just me?
post #95 of 267 (permalink) Old 05-07-2003, 04:29 PM

Maxxas (MX2 and MX3) - maybe an updated version with an ebony board

Artfield AFD-45

JCS-3040PL (though I could live with almost any color)

SC-1620 or 620

Power 540PII (Isn't this the Alex Skolnick guitar?)

RG Arch - Ok, not particularly an exact reissue of the limited J-Custom, but a reintroduction of the style, at least.
post #96 of 267 (permalink) Old 05-07-2003, 08:06 PM

My Vote

RG565!!!
RG540PII!!

Both with the old school Edge Trems
Palm rests and backstops available on all models would be a cool feature.

My next vote would be to reissue the 777 LNG!!!

I just had another cool idea.
How about Reverse Headstocks available on all models.
I'd love to have an RG520QS with a more visible top that has a reverse headstock.
post #97 of 267 (permalink) Old 05-09-2003, 07:57 AM

my vote goes for the entire radius line. also would like to see them make some mahogany radius' for a change, ex. the js6XXx with the controls mounted regular, trem, 5 way...

also... HOW ABOUT MAKING THE CUSTOM SHOP AVAILABLE FOR CONSUMERS AGAIN?!?!?!?!
times have changed, technology has improved, we have more options due to the innovations of the past 10 years since the custom shop was readily available, i am older...have more money(am not a drooling 16 year old anymore) and most of us don't mind shelling out the cash for a $2000+ ibanez axe. this was already made apparent thru the j-customs, MCs, and anniversary models. i mean look at it this way, had ibanez not come out with the rgt3120 in 2002, i was going to go to jackson, esp, or carvin to have a custom axe made. ibanez is leaving alot of money on the table by not having the custom shop as an option.
i know that this would affect vendors like EKGco, LGM, and others, but to a lot of people, a laundry list of options for IBANEZ to build from would "make more sense" to the average name brand conscious consumer. not that that includes me(because it doesn't).i know plenty of people that have switched to jackson/esp/bc rich because they have a custom shop and ibanez didn't. most consumers are ignorant of the fact that there are third party vendors that are willing and able to do custom work, and think that if you want a custom *name brand* guitar, you go straight to their custom shop.

rich
post #98 of 267 (permalink) Old 05-12-2003, 10:03 PM

I'd definately go for a prestige line of Radius Guitars, especially a 7 string version... why they phased it out I'll never know... The reason of letting the JS series dominate doesn't hold water... look at the JEM and RG series... both lived well side-by-side...
post #99 of 267 (permalink) Old 05-14-2003, 12:26 PM

I like the idea of an Ibanez Custom Shop too. I'm no businessman but it seems to be working for Carvin. It would be so cool (for me anyways) to order the BFP body with an Ultra neck and AANJ, or a DBK with a maple board with black vine

Do you guys think a Custom Shop would work for Ibanez?
post #100 of 267 (permalink) Old 05-21-2003, 01:22 PM

What to reissue...

Indulge me here...

What would make me happy would be to see the mid'80's Roadstar II's reissued, obviously with modern hardware, etcetera. Same body style, same wood availability, modern headstock. I still have my old Roadstar 525 and love it. It has two humbuckers (long since replaced) with coil taps on the volume knobs (2V, 1T), the original Edge tremolo, 24 frets one refret with Dunlop 6100's), bla, bla, bla. I'd love to see those reissued, as long as they weren't cheesed out.

Nick
post #101 of 267 (permalink) Old 05-21-2003, 02:23 PM

All UVs especially the GR. With new trem and AANJ

Quote:
also... HOW ABOUT MAKING THE CUSTOM SHOP AVAILABLE FOR CONSUMERS AGAIN?!?!?!?!
post #102 of 267 (permalink) Old 05-21-2003, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
How about they just pull out the 78'-95' catalogs and make everything
I think most of us could fill many buckets of drool, if they only released everything from 1992!
post #103 of 267 (permalink) Old 05-24-2003, 11:08 AM

REISSUE:

SF420, or just stop tail S-Series instead of the Classics.

Talmans, especially the TC420 and TC620

anything else I can care less about.
post #104 of 267 (permalink) Old 05-24-2003, 03:45 PM

i like glens line of thinking on this.

If i had to pick an axe, it would be a BFP, or possibly a multi colours to bring back.

Selling replica's of flo would be awesome too!
post #105 of 267 (permalink) Old 05-24-2003, 05:12 PM

Well what i think is that they should reproduce 5 jems every 3 years, all with AANJ. After the 3 years is up 5 more, ect.

J

Tags
alder bodies , alex skolnick , art guitar , bfp jem , body shape , bridge hum , bridge humbucker , chrome hardware , chrome jem , coil tap , cosmo hardware , custom exotic wood , custom guitar , custom guitars , custom shop , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , ebony board , ebony fingerboard , ebony fretboard , ebony fretboards , eddie van halen , edge bridge , edge pro trem , edge trem , edge trems , evo pickups , fixed bridge , fixed bridge model , fixed bridge models , floyd rose , fret access , fret neck , fret necks , heavy metal , ibanez backstop , ibanez custom shop , ibanez guitars , ibanez jem , ibanez models , jem bfp , jem gmc , jem swirl , jimi hendrix , john petrucci , les paul , locking stud , locking studs , locking tremolo , locking trems , mahogany body , maple fingerboard , maple fingerboards , maple fret , maple fretboard , maple neck , maple necks , moore signature model , neck binding , neck joint , neck joints , neck thru , pearloid pickguard , pickup combo , playing guitar , pointy headstock , powersound pickups , pro edge , pro edge trem , pro edge trems , pyramid inlay , pyramid inlays , reverse headstock , reverse headstocks , road flare red , rosewood fretboard , rosewood fretboards , scalloped frets , sharktooth inlay , sharktooth inlays , swirled jem , tone zone , tremolo system , triple neck , trs trems , upper fret , upper fret access , usa custom exotic wood , usa custom shop , van halen , vinnie moore , vinnie moore signature model , viper neck , volume knobs , white pearloid pickguard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode