I'd like to hear from any 2620 owners.. - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 11:08 PM Thread Starter

I'd like to hear from any 2620 owners..

I'm looking at a few different guits to add around here.. its kinda of double special holiday seasons this year. After being a single dad of three for the last 7 years, I'm getting married, my children are getting a mother and we're moving into a new house. Not to mention my instructional book and cd all go to press in the early part of '07. So we're doing some celebrating around here!
One of the models I'm looking at is an RG 2620CBK and I'd like to hear from any owners about their 2620s. Any pros or cons? Any mods performed? Anything and everything in regards to this model would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 02:39 PM Thread Starter

Re: I'd like to hear from any 2620 owners..

Nobody out there own one of these currently?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 02:41 PM

Its got the ultra neck on it aint it. Not to my liking but ive played one a few times and it played well and sounded great. Typical Ibanez quality and tone.
At least youve got one reply.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

Thank you very much Ibanez2005! lol! MUCH appreciated!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 10:39 AM
GAZ

Smile Re: I'd like to hear from any 2620 owners..

I've got the much maligned (and wrongly so) cubed blue version and it's great !!!! No scratchplate and no middle pup made me buy it and it stands up well to my J Customs and PRS's !!! The pups are not that powerful but sound nice enough. The neck is a dream and it's very light too.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackButlerGOT View Post
I'm looking at a few different guits to add around here.. its kinda of double special holiday seasons this year. After being a single dad of three for the last 7 years, I'm getting married, my children are getting a mother and we're moving into a new house. Not to mention my instructional book and cd all go to press in the early part of '07. So we're doing some celebrating around here!
One of the models I'm looking at is an RG 2620CBK and I'd like to hear from any owners about their 2620s. Any pros or cons? Any mods performed? Anything and everything in regards to this model would be greatly appreciated.
Btw, I think a congratulations is in order!!! Congrats mate.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanez2005 View Post
Its got the ultra neck on it aint it.
Wizard.
a friend of mine's got a 2620, i know that guitar pretty much since i'm his guitar-tech and it's often to my place for restring/refresh/setup etc. it's a freaking sturdy and reliable guitar, great details and it plays great. now we've put a set of Duncans in there, and it screams!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 01:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannymills View Post
Btw, I think a congratulations is in order!!! Congrats mate.
Thank you very much Danny!
Nuno, thank you for hittin' me with some info too. MUCH appreciated guys.
I'm thinking that I'm going to pull the trigger on this and if the pups aren't to my liking, I call Steve over @ Dimarzio and kick around some suggestions with him. I still have some of my endorsement allotment that's unused just in case I need to get some replacements for the 2620.
Thank you and God bless,
Kevin
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 12:26 AM

I've got the blue 2620 and love it very much. Built well, plays and sounds great. Better quality fretboard than the one on my BRMR.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-25-2006, 08:42 PM

email sent Jack ;-)
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-26-2006, 08:42 AM Thread Starter

E-Mail returned sir. Thank you.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode