Identify: BC Rich Warlock - Page 2 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-17-2015, 01:00 PM

Reviews: 6
Re: Identify: BC Rich Warlock

if it is a bolt-on neck it is from the timeframe of the st-III series...good quality axe...went for about 899 new in the late 80's...as for the nj series? only thing i can add is i bought a black nj mockingbird new in 1986...came with a kahler and cost 499 brand new...they were actually pretty decent guitars for the money...d.m.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-15-2016, 07:58 AM

I would like to know the year of a B.C. Rich Warlock neck thru with this serial number E04080412.And also if it's amarican,japanese,korean or other.
Thanks.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxmarco View Post
I would like to know the year of a B.C. Rich Warlock neck thru with this serial number E04080412.And also if it's amarican,japanese,korean or other.
Thanks.
As a former BC Rich owner I can tell you that the best way to go about finding out about a BC Rich from its serial number is to Email BC Rich directly. However, do not expect much information since the company has changed hands so many times over the years. It is even worse now since they were recently bought by another company in the beginning of this year.

Serial numbers are somthing the all incarnations of BC Rich have never gotten right.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post
I think that the Platinums are the modern day cheapies, followed by the NJ series.
Top of line are USA made and mine was 100% percent koa, had Grover tuners and a single DiMarzio Super Distortion pickup with top of the line Kahler 2300 trem.

Next up are MIJ NJ Series which usually have BC Rich pickups, and Floyd licensed trems and are generally good enough for professional work. They are akin to our Standard Series and Iron Label guitars in terms of mojo. The newer ones, like I saw on GC today is MIK, 499 dollars street, has MIK Floyd Rose Original and Duncan Designed active humbuckers. It's very doable and I would put in full Duncan Blackouts or EMG 81/60 or Hetfield set and make it a keeper.

Platinum Series is budget model and only fixed bridge ones are usable and locking trem ones are not all that good for tuning stability. I would put them at Ibanez GIO level.

The beginner ones are the ultra budget Bronze Series.

Overall USA (used) and NJ BC Rich guitars are the ones I would look at. They are comparable to similar Washburn, Yamaha, Jackson, Charvel, or LTD guitars. But for anything under $1,200 dollars with great pickups and hardware, I would still go with Ibanez because of the necks and fretwork which are second to none. Nobody can touch Ibanez in something like simple black or metallic blue MIJ RG for $1,199 dollars street including three DiMarzio pickups and Original Edge tremolo.

Last edited by 63Blazer; 04-06-2016 at 05:05 PM.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 05:17 PM

I was talking to the sales rep for them at NAMM this year and the new ownership is going a different direction on model numbers. They are going to a 'mark' system (MKI, MKII,MKIII, etc.) The sales rep basically told me if you want anything decent stay MK V or above.

Yeah I'd have to agree - any thing in the old "Metallic" series we not very good.
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantomotaku View Post
I was talking to the sales rep for them at NAMM this year and the new ownership is going a different direction on model numbers. They are going to a 'mark' system (MKI, MKII,MKIII, etc.) The sales rep basically told me if you want anything decent stay MK V or above.

Yeah I'd have to agree - any thing in the old "Metallic" series we not very good.
I like the roman numerals.

Gibson did that with student version of Firebird all the way to top of the line Firebirds. The "I" stood for what would be a Les Paul Junior with single pickup and dot inlays, and the II stood for what would be a Les Paul Special with a second pickup.

The V was the middle grade model with trapezoid inlays on rosewood fretboard and similar to a Les Paul Standard.

And the top of the line VII had the block inlays on ebony fretboard and gold hardware and three pickups making it the equivalent of the 1960 Les Paul Custom.

http://img.reverb.com/Articles/Fireb...birds_main.jpg
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantomotaku View Post
As a former BC Rich owner I can tell you that the best way to go about finding out about a BC Rich from its serial number is to Email BC Rich directly. However, do not expect much information since the company has changed hands so many times over the years. It is even worse now since they were recently bought by another company in the beginning of this year.

Serial numbers are somthing the all incarnations of BC Rich have never gotten right.

Thank you so much for your advice and for the informations.
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-22-2020, 02:33 PM

Hi I have Warlock NJ Series I am trying to identify so I can price.
It has a Kahler tremolo and bridge with string lock, 2 hum bucking pickups.
Bolt on neck with adjustable truss rod, dot inlays, but no plate with address

It has a weird serial number that I haven't found on the internet, see pictures for number
Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg guit11.JPG (1.10 MB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg guit8.JPG (1.28 MB, 4 views)
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-23-2020, 03:54 AM

I know that there is some serious experience and knowledge here in this forum, absolutely.
However, when it comes to really sticky questions about B.C.Rich, and I happen to be a major fan myself, it stands to reason that it would certainly be a plus if these questions could be posed directly to the folks that made the instruments, right?
I hesitate to give this info here, for fear of perceived disrespect to this forum, but I have only accuracy & no malice in mind.
I also know the info available about B.C.Rich is of the highest caliber at this source, as it is frequented by former Upper management, custom shop luthiers, Bernie Rico's very own ORIGINAL WIZARD of electronics (Mr. Neal Moser) and a cast of dozens more with first hand knowledge of nearly all things B.C. and happy to share .
This source is a F.B. group page and one will need to request access to use it, a mere formality.
It is called "Official B.C.Rich Unlimited" https://www.facebook.com/groups/bcrichunlimited/

ADMINS: I hope it is not, but if this is a violation, my sincerest apology, and I accept my fate. I was hoping to be helpful.

Tags
custom models , neck plate , neck plates

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode