If Ibanez made YOUR signature model... - Page 3 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 297 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 11:25 AM

Thumbs up My very own Matrix RG

This is one of my most fav. of my own designs;

Its spesifications are;

Alder Body
DiMarzio Tone Zone/B and Air Norton/N Pickups
Double Edge Bridge w/ piezo system
3 way toggle switch
phase switch
Fiber Optic side dots
early 90s jem neck
5 piece Birdseye maple/bubinga neck with Titanium reinforcement rods
Ebony fingerboard
Dunlop #6105 frets
Clear pickguard
jem type, angled jack

Hmmm... I'm in love with this
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 297 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

Re: If Ibanez made YOUR signature model...

Forgot to add my own lol..

post #33 of 297 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 04:56 PM

Aww come on, alot of you guys have no taste. I like yours though Gudster.
post #34 of 297 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 05:27 PM

I hope to do this in a few years;

Body: Basswood, Flamed Maple Top
Hardware: Black
Trem: Ibanez Lo-Pro
Electronics: Di Marzio Electronics with Coil-Splitting
Neck: Maple, Satin finish ( Unfinished, but treated )
Fretboard: Maple, 24 Jumbo Frets with Blue Sharktooth Inlays, Buzz Feitin Tuning System
Pickups: ( H-S-H ) Bridge: Di Marzio PAF Pro, Middle: Di Marzio HS-2, Neck: Di Marzio Air Norton
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RG Sig.jpg (22.9 KB, 380 views)
post #35 of 297 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 06:29 PM

I had the perfect ibanez: the 540R that is now the satriani model

so I would say: 100 different satriani models with the monkey grip!

preference would be mahogany body, multi layer neck (bubinga, maple), ebony fretboard, scalloped 21/24th frets, lo pro edge.

so I guess my ideal guitar is a mix of Vai + Satch...
as for the pickups: Benedetti, Bill Lauwrence and/or Duncan...
post #36 of 297 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 07:26 PM Thread Starter

Oh and I'd have this as an alternate to my Sig model..

post #37 of 297 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 07:32 PM

I was SOOOOOO close to getting this done by a great luthier but the project was never finished:

I play mostly sixes now but if you take away one string and add a single coil to that you get my signature axe.

post #38 of 297 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 09:38 PM

is the humbucker slot routed correctly???

I don't know the radius of your gutiar but it looks like a RG. you can still find another luthier to finish the job and purchase a neck on **** that fits a RG guitar...

my 2 cents...
post #39 of 297 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 09:50 PM

some1 made this on the photoshop thread and I love it, it would be alder w/ aanj, evo pickups except I think i'd put a sustainer in it and have built in wireless and it would have a little bit darker blue color scheme.

or this

post #40 of 297 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 11:10 PM

nice the second one is the model with the blood of Steve Vai in the paint??
post #41 of 297 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 11:45 PM

It's called a DNA.
post #42 of 297 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 01:28 AM

and do you play better/faster with a DNA enhanced JEM?

read somewhere they had to smuggle the blood to japan!
post #43 of 297 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 04:46 AM
GAZ

Talking Re: If Ibanez made YOUR signature model...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaijem777 View Post
If Ibanez made my signature guitar, it'd be a PRS.
Hmmm, I own 2 PRS's a Cust 24 and a CE24 Maple Top.They have no advantage over the high level Ibanez guitars other than they have an adjustable tension trem arm and string changing is quicker ! String tension is slightly less maybe, but they break strings quicker, they don't stay in tune, don't sound any better than my JC's and the pups cause low frequency feedback at high volume/gain. What do I gig with now ? My Ibanezes of course !!!
post #44 of 297 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 05:21 AM

I think the PGM 10th is pretty close.
post #45 of 297 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 05:21 AM
Eco

Quote:
Originally Posted by choubix View Post
and do you play better/faster with a DNA enhanced JEM?

read somewhere they had to smuggle the blood to japan!
Apparently they had to mark it as something else when they brought it in because of something to do with the Japanese customs

that blue and white colour on the rg looks sweet, did you do that yourself?

Tags
aaa maple , abalone binding , abalone dots , access neck joint , air norton , air norton neck , alder bodied , alder body , alder strat , andy timmons , angled jack , atd swirl , basswood body , beautiful guitar , birdseye maple neck , black headstock , black pickguard , body shape , breed bridge , bridge pickup , bridge position , bubinga neck , clear coat , coil split , coil splitting , coil tap , cosmo black hardware , custom jpm , custom shop , dimarzio air , dimarzio air norton , dimarzio blaze , dimarzio blue velvet , dimarzio breed , dimarzio evo , dimarzio evolution , dimarzio evolution bridge , dimarzio paf , dimarzio paf pro , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , dimarzio pups , dimarzio steve , dimarzio strap , dimarzio tone , dimarzio tone zone , dome knobs , dot inlay , dot inlays , double cutaway , double edge bridge , double edge pro , duncan distortion , duncan invader , duncan pickups , ebony board , ebony fingerboard , ebony fretboard , eddie van halen , edge bridge , edge trem , edge zero , ernie ball , evo pickups , evolution bridge , fingerboard radius , fixed bridge , flame maple , flame maple binding , flamed maple , floating bridges , floyd rose , fret maple , fret maple neck , fret markers , fret neck , gibson robot , gmc swirl , gotoh tuners , graphite nut , green dimarzio , humbucking pickup , ibanez guitars , ibanez paul gilbert , ibanez trem , ibanez tremolo , jem neck , jem style body , john petrucci , jumbo frets , les paul , locking stud , locking studs , locking tuners , magnetic pickups , mahogany body , maple binding , maple fingerboard , maple fret , maple fretboard , maple neck , monkey grip , mounted pickups , neck joint , neck pickup , neck position , neck pup , neck shape , neck thru , norton neck , paf joe , paf pro , paf pro combo , paf pro neck , paul gilbert , pickup cover , pickup ring , pickup rings , pickup switch , pickup switching , piezo bridge , piezo pickup , piezo pickups , piezo system , ply pickguard , pro combo , pro edge , pro edge trem , pro edge tremolo , pro neck , pro pickups , production model , pyramid inlay , pyramid inlays , quilted maple , retainer bar , reverse headstock , reversed headstock , rosewood board , rosewood fingerboard , rosewood fretboard , scalloped frets , seymour duncan , sharktooth inlay , sharktooth inlays , signature guitar , sperzel locking , sperzel locking tuners , stainless steel frets , steel frets , steve morse , steve vai , strap lock , strap locks , strat body , strat style , string tension , super strat , swamp ash , tobacco sunburst , toggle switch , tone zone , trem arm , tung oil , tuning system , van halen , walnut neck , wilkinson trem , wizard prestige , wizard prestige neck , zachary guitars , zone bridge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode