If Ibanez made YOUR signature model... - Page 7 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 297 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007, 10:04 PM

Re: If Ibanez made YOUR signature model...

Mine would be very simple:
RGA121 natural finish, with locking tuners, graphtech nut, with telecaster like switch and JS like wiring. Evolution Black/Cream pickups. MOP vine inlay.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 297 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007, 11:13 PM

Specs
Color: GK Galaxy Black
Body: Basswood
Output Jack: Single Tilt
Neck: 5pcs. Maple/Walnut
Neck type: Super Wizard (w/ Titanium Reinforcement)
Fingerboard: Rosewood w/Flame Maple Binding
Position Inlay: Tree of Life ('06ver)
Fret: Jumbo
Neck Joint: All Access
Scale: 648mm/25.5inch
Neck width: 43mm(Nut), 58mm(Last Fret)
Neck thickness: 17mm(1F), 19mm(12F)
Fingerboard Radius: 430mmR
Bridge: Double Edge Pro
Pickup(neck): White DiMarzio FRED (H)
Pickup(center): N/A
Pickup(bridge): White DiMarzio Tone Zone(H)
Hardware: Cosmo Black

Pickup Selector:

Pickup Selector (w/ Coil Tap):

My dream

becomes reality

Last edited by RG1820X; 05-31-2007 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Added Specs
post #93 of 297 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twooos View Post
damn variant, im taking that picture to a custom shop to get the red one made!!! nice one!! ill have pics up in about a year!!!!!
:-) You're not the first... I'm working with another guy to get him more thorough (I.E. better 2D renderings & a 3D model) drawings over the next few months to provide to a luthier to get built. PM me your e-mail address and we can discuss things further if you'd like.

Ryan
post #94 of 297 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 07:09 PM

IBANEZ PAUL GILBERT RED GHOSTRIDER CUSTOM !!!!

Regards.
post #95 of 297 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 07:58 PM

Thumbs up Re: If Ibanez made YOUR signature model...

UV7BK '97 Neck and pups
Lo Pro 7
basswood RG7 body
AANJ
Buzzfeiten tuning (optional)

That's about it

I'm still craving for a Jem777LNG meticulous 7-string copy...

Regard,

JP
post #96 of 297 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitar_chick View Post
Wow, I want one, I want one, I want one....of the transparent crimson Infinity 8's! That is a beauty. I'm partial to maroon.

I also want a George Lynche ESP Kamikaze 20th. Apparently, we don't always get what we want in life!!!
You're obviously not meeting the right guys!
post #97 of 297 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 11:52 PM

A new production 7 String MC Blood model, with ATD swirl with my own blood mixed in with the paint. That way when I am killed in a plane crash they can clone me in come clandestine laboratory with one of the guitars that has been distributed around the world. oh,... and a Lo-ProX piezo trem and matching UV1000C MC Blood swirled case.
post #98 of 297 (permalink) Old 06-02-2007, 12:17 AM

my 1570 with a double edge pro. Hey, i aim for simplicity.
post #99 of 297 (permalink) Old 06-02-2007, 05:16 AM

Cool Re: If Ibanez made YOUR signature model...

RG shaped mahogany body with AAAA quilted maple top in transparent blue with matching headstock. Natural maple binding on body, neck and headstock.
MOP or mirror dot inlays on neck.
Neck shape slightly more round and a bit thicker than normal. Dark rosewood or ebony fretboard.
H-s-H pickup configuration (Norton -s- Air Norton) with pickup rings.
Jackplug connector in JEM style.
Single volume and tone control, both push / pull for piezo / magnetic pickup switching and coil split, 5 way pickup switch.
Double locking trem with piezo's.
Gold or black hardware.

Kind a like my current RG470FMR but better.;-)

Last edited by winger; 06-02-2007 at 05:29 AM.
post #100 of 297 (permalink) Old 06-03-2007, 05:01 AM

Bit of a traditionalist (read boring) but here goes...

Body
RG Body
Mahogany with a flamed maple top.
Fake binding

2 humbucker routing (Seymours)
Fixed tail

Neck
Super Wizard spec
AANJ
Maple neck
Ebony board
Vine inaly
Reverse headstock

mmmm nice..

Bonjour,
Karl
post #101 of 297 (permalink) Old 06-03-2007, 05:06 AM

becomes reality
[/QUOTE]

I'm in love..... the maple one is fookin gorgeous...

what model / custom ist it? where you get it from?

Karl <~~~# VERY jealous
post #102 of 297 (permalink) Old 06-03-2007, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TequilaKing View Post

I'm in love..... the maple one is fookin gorgeous...

what model / custom ist it? where you get it from?

Karl <~~~# VERY jealous
I bought the RG8470A from Rich - actually it was 10 year anniversary gift from my wife (And if your reading this Rich, she already lets me play it )
http://www.ibanezrules.com/new/rg8470.htm

(I'm beginning to think nobody likes black guitars anymore )
post #103 of 297 (permalink) Old 06-03-2007, 08:14 PM

I'd rather have Fender build me a custom unit, and have them build two: one for just standard playing, and one for outright shredding.
post #104 of 297 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 07:23 AM

Thumbs up Re: If Ibanez made YOUR signature model...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variant View Post

Specifications

Construction: Neck-through-body, with one-piece maple top
Scale length: 27.0 (tuned F# B E A D G B E)
Body Wings: Swamp ash
Shape: Infinity archtop with semi-contoured back, and deep-cut, chamfered cutaways
Neck: Infinity 8, 5-piece maple/walnut neck, with Wizard II-8 profile
Fingerboard: 430 mm radius, body-matched AAA quilt maple on models with transparent finishes, ebony on standard black
Inlays: Offset ellipse fret markers
Frets: 24, 6100 extra jumbo nickel
Headstock: Infinity 8 reverse, 15-degree tilt back (with body-matched AAA quilt maple veneer on models with transparent finishes)
Bridge: Edge Pro 8, with installable tremolo block
Nut: Toplok 8, with string retainer bar
Tuning Machines: Gotoh, 4 per side
Bridge Pickup: EMG 808
Neck Pickup: EMG 808
Controls: 3-way pickup selector, volume, and tone knob

Available Finishes

QTK = Transparent black over maple quilt / cosmo black hardware / mother-of-pearl inlays
QTC = Transparent crimson over maple quilt / cosmo black hardware / mother of pearl inlays
QTW = Whitewash over maple quilt / with satin nickel hardware / black pearloid inlays
BK = Standard black with ebony fingerboard / with standard black hardware / mother of pearl inlays
Dude,

Show that to Mr. Hosono. He could, as the driving force behind the 8-string, have one of those made. However, I doubt whether there is a market for 8-strings taking into regard that 7-string axes have proved hard to sell.

In any case, AWESOME design!!!! VERY VERY nice!!!!

Regards,

JP
post #105 of 297 (permalink) Old 06-07-2007, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demogorgos View Post
Dude,

Show that to Mr. Hosono. He could, as the driving force behind the 8-string, have one of those made. However, I doubt whether there is a market for 8-strings taking into regard that 7-string axes have proved hard to sell.

In any case, AWESOME design!!!! VERY VERY nice!!!!

Regards,

JP
Thanks again for the comments guys. It's on the 'suggestions' section, but I haven't gotten any comment from Tak as of yet. I agree about the number of strings, although I'm personally venturing into the world of 8-strings. It actually started off as a 7-string version and I'm doing new (bigger! better!) mockups of 6-, 7-, and 8-string versions as a lot of people want to see the design that way. More "normal" and unique finishes are coming as well. If Ibanez doesn't want it, I'll make a few adjustments to the design and send it to Bill Conklin or the like one of these days... if only to get one made for myself.

Tags
aaa maple , abalone binding , abalone dots , access neck joint , air norton , air norton neck , alder bodied , alder body , alder strat , andy timmons , angled jack , atd swirl , basswood body , beautiful guitar , birdseye maple neck , black headstock , black pickguard , body shape , breed bridge , bridge pickup , bridge position , bubinga neck , clear coat , coil split , coil splitting , coil tap , cosmo black hardware , custom jpm , custom shop , dimarzio air , dimarzio air norton , dimarzio blaze , dimarzio blue velvet , dimarzio breed , dimarzio evo , dimarzio evolution , dimarzio evolution bridge , dimarzio paf , dimarzio paf pro , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , dimarzio pups , dimarzio steve , dimarzio strap , dimarzio tone , dimarzio tone zone , dome knobs , dot inlay , dot inlays , double cutaway , double edge bridge , double edge pro , duncan distortion , duncan invader , duncan pickups , ebony board , ebony fingerboard , ebony fretboard , eddie van halen , edge bridge , edge trem , edge zero , ernie ball , evo pickups , evolution bridge , fingerboard radius , fixed bridge , flame maple , flame maple binding , flamed maple , floating bridges , floyd rose , fret maple , fret maple neck , fret markers , fret neck , gibson robot , gmc swirl , gotoh tuners , graphite nut , green dimarzio , humbucking pickup , ibanez guitars , ibanez paul gilbert , ibanez trem , ibanez tremolo , jem neck , jem style body , john petrucci , jumbo frets , les paul , locking stud , locking studs , locking tuners , magnetic pickups , mahogany body , maple binding , maple fingerboard , maple fret , maple fretboard , maple neck , monkey grip , mounted pickups , neck joint , neck pickup , neck position , neck pup , neck shape , neck thru , norton neck , paf joe , paf pro , paf pro combo , paf pro neck , paul gilbert , pickup cover , pickup ring , pickup rings , pickup switch , pickup switching , piezo bridge , piezo pickup , piezo pickups , piezo system , ply pickguard , pro combo , pro edge , pro edge trem , pro edge tremolo , pro neck , pro pickups , production model , pyramid inlay , pyramid inlays , quilted maple , retainer bar , reverse headstock , reversed headstock , rosewood board , rosewood fingerboard , rosewood fretboard , scalloped frets , seymour duncan , sharktooth inlay , sharktooth inlays , signature guitar , sperzel locking , sperzel locking tuners , stainless steel frets , steel frets , steve morse , steve vai , strap lock , strap locks , strat body , strat style , string tension , super strat , swamp ash , tobacco sunburst , toggle switch , tone zone , trem arm , tung oil , tuning system , van halen , walnut neck , wilkinson trem , wizard prestige , wizard prestige neck , zachary guitars , zone bridge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode