If My GAS Attacks Weren't Bad Enough.... - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 11:15 AM Thread Starter

If My GAS Attacks Weren't Bad Enough....

i have serious GAS attacks alot (mostly due to this website ) and i'm getting worse all the time. to add to my GAS i was just offered a NEW SZ4020n for $900 yesterday. AHHH!!! i'm spread waaay too thin right now to get my hands on it but i'm still trying to figure out ingenius ways of getting it. i have been having MAJOR GAS attacks for this model all year and i just sold my only SZ (520q) i had. it is just evil that i'm also dying to know what we will be offered at NAMM in Jan and the people that made me the offer know how bad my GAS is - hence why they came to me with that offer. it doesn't help that Xmas is coming soon either to put another pressure on what income i have coming in.
i've been wanting the SZ4020 since April when i played one for the first time and now it's even more pressing. i can see getting the SZ4020 and then Ibanez releasing some other GASsable models as i'm recouperating from the purchase of the SZ. i seriously need a cure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 11:40 AM

Re: If My GAS Attacks Weren't Bad Enough....

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamndemon69 View Post
i seriously need a cure.
Your lying and you know it, demon

Besides, the only known cures are death or divorce
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEMMER777 View Post

since i'm not married, death must be my only other cure

just to add to things my gf of 5yrs (5yrs to the day tomorrow) just took a home pregnancy test and (gulp) it came out positive. maybe i've angered the Gods somehow?
post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 11:46 AM

Quote:

Regards

André

post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 01:31 PM

Quote:

since i'm not married, death must be my only other cure

just to add to things my gf of 5yrs (5yrs to the day tomorrow) just took a home pregnancy test and (gulp) it came out positive. maybe i've angered the Gods somehow?
To much information. I suggest placing your 2007 order as soon as posible and stating to your girlfriend that the order is in and I can't get my deposite back or tell her it's paid-off already. What's really ironic is: the guitar(if it's a 2007 special) and child may come around the same time.

Anyway, Congrats! And stop looking on the auction boards and spend more time playing. Just about any guitar can be found at some point in the year when you have the cash.

Quote:
Yes, if you're married you have two options.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 01:41 PM

Quote:

just to add to things my gf of 5yrs (5yrs to the day tomorrow) just took a home pregnancy test and (gulp) it came out positive.
- By Krackie, I believe you've just discovered the 3rd cure, demon

Congrats, you only have 9 months of gassin left
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 01:49 PM

Quote:
just to add to things my gf of 5yrs (5yrs to the day tomorrow) just took a home pregnancy test and (gulp) it came out positive.
Well done boy-o, that is good news! When the day comes around make sure you get a good cuban to celebrate (i mean a cigar )
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 03:29 PM

Quote:
- By Krackie, I believe you've just discovered the 3rd cure, demon

Congrats, you only have 9 months of gassin left
Yes, congrats and you better get that guitar now .

Regards

André

post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-01-2006, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

thanks guys.
this is still very new news and i haven't told anyone including my family yet (and have no plans to for a couple more weeks), so my jemsite "family" knows before my blood family. not sure how i feel at this point besides scared sh**less about it but you are right about less than 9mos of GASsin left.

the store said they will let me throw some $ down on it if i can wrap up the purchase quickly as it is an "end of the year" special deal that will be offered to all customers if i can't buy it. i'll need to look thru my parts box for pickups and parts i don't need and pick at least one guitar i'm not really using (SCA220 probably) and post for sale soon. it has worked out a little i suppose that all the projects i'm working on will have to wait until spring to paint since my $ will most likely be going towards the SZ if i get my way and life doesn't decide to throw anymore twists at me.
i guess timing is everything since i just sold my SZ520 (to a student of mine) and i could have used that cash for a downpayment on the SZ but i took care of some other things with that cash already.
i am in love with that guitar, the looks, the craftmenship (seeing all those woods coming together at the neck joint area is breathtaking!), the playabilty and the tones. i need to not GAS about the new RG's and Jem's we'll see in Jan since i won't be able to get my hands on a 20th version, the production (if i like it) will be around for awhile and hopefully i won't wait too long like i did for a few other models and they get discontinued before i get one. i guess there is always the "after market".
if there was ever a time that i would want to use a crystal ball, this would be it. wayyyy too many unknowns on sooo many levels in my world right now. scared sh*tless is the emotion of the day.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-01-2006, 01:31 PM

Don't worry everything will work out. You have little control over the outcome aside from being prepare and even that is subjective. being a nervous wreck doesn't help and once the families are involved you've be supprised how everything starts to come together. A small warning: you're going to get sick of hearing "I guess it's time to grow up." and "When are you going to stop playing guitar and sell them." comments from family and others that don't understand. It's best to smile it off and prove them wrong at a much later time.
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-01-2006, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team J Crafter View Post
Don't worry everything will work out. You have little control over the outcome aside from being prepare and even that is subjective. being a nervous wreck doesn't help and once the families are involved you've be supprised how everything starts to come together. A small warning: you're going to get sick of hearing "I guess it's time to grow up." and "When are you going to stop playing guitar and sell them." comments from family and others that don't understand. It's best to smile it off and prove them wrong at a much later time.
thanks for the support.

there are alot of factors involved: first is i have 2 kids and an EX already so i've been done this road as neither of them were planned. second is i have been straying away from getting married again and now i'm feeling painted in a corner on that issue. third is i'm selfish about my life and there are still things i plan to do that would not be possible with a kid on the way and getting married. having two kids already, i had NO intention of having more. the gods must be testing me.
i'm not stressing as bad as just unsure which path to take. i messed up a marriage once and i really don't want to do it again - i'm getting too old for that.
sorry to get off topic so much but these things all factor in my GAS attacks or lack of future GAS attacks depending on how things pan out.
thanks guys. since i haven't told family i really don't have anyone to talk to about this. this gives me a chance to vent. it helps.
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-01-2006, 01:58 PM

Reviews: 6

SZs are amazing I want one too!!!
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-01-2006, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

if anyone hasn't seen the natural one (i'd be VERY suprised), here's a link to the specs and pic. it is a thing of beauty in person. seeing all those woods come together so cleanly is breathtaking.

http://ibanez.com/guitars/guitar.asp?model=SZ4020FM&z=y
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-02-2006, 01:22 PM

I have the TKF version of that guitar and it's just awesome (search for the forum for pictures I posted). Unfortunatly I'm selling it (anybody down in Chile interested?) for other reasons.

Dude, go for it.

:P
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-02-2006, 02:01 PM

screamndemon69,

Congratulations! I remember when I found out that my wife was pregnant for the first time... I was seriously GASsin' over a Jackson. I felt kinda guilty because I didn't think much about the kid, only the guitar. (of course, it all changed when I actually saw the baby with my own eyes)

Don't sweat it, though. Just relieve yourself and buy a new guitar! Like someone said before, you only have 9 months to get away with stuff like that!

Tags
beautiful guitar , fret size , jem neck , neck dimensions , neck joint , playing guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

atm gas attacks

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode