I'm no longer a VIRGIN 7 whoo hoo - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 03:45 AM Thread Starter

I'm no longer a VIRGIN 7 whoo hoo

Hey,

Got 7620 7string today, and so totally thrilled. Needed one for DT type stuff, but playing around with it the extra voicings i'll be able to get for doing jazz at college is beautiful.

I cant believe its took me a decade to even a 7 up.

Never played one before I bought this off of ebay, for and this is the amazing part if you live in the UK you;ll understand 280 pounds, what 380-400 dollars?!?! And that includes the jem uv1000 case (which i'm gonna use for my 7vwh cause that didn't come with one just the 100 one)

I cant believe ho good condition it is in, considering its a used guitar. I cant find any flaws on the body neck head stock..(i know rich and his match stick would get 'em but hey i'm not a guru )...in fact the only signs that it could have been used was that when i took the trem off there was slight burring on the straight edge, but it isn't affecting the stability so there is no neeed for a touch up yet).

Infact its in such good condition i am thinking that it was just sitting in the music shop, and they were trying to get rid of it. Not that someone had used it for 3 years and then traded it in etc. And the uv1000 case is totally mint, smells like new no scuffs or anything (i know thats a miracle in itself because of crappy UPS!!).

After reading many many comments on the plus and negative of swithcing from a 6 to a 7 i was weary about how it was gonna feel and would i be falling over myself. But as it turns out I was like a duck to water. THe low is very comfortable and natural, I have relativly large but thin hands so it works out quite good.

I think that if you play the 6 string by 'knowing shapes/positions' and not so much the note names and relation to the chord key scale your using, then it will be difficult...because the few times i resorted to playing shapes (like the last bit of the instrumentla sectin inmetropolis part 1!!!!) then i was a little stuck. But for just normal playing where i'm thinking about the chord note name scale I didn't even have to think about it.

I did notice a change however after picking my 6 back up...hope that doesn't get worse and make me abandon the 6's altogether over time!

All in all, i think i've got an incredible deal - seeing as ibanez dont make a high quality 7 with a lo-pro anymore for a sensible price. I am definaltey converted to 7's its been a long time coming..but god i know what the fuss is about know!

All I can think now is UNIVERSE (need money) UNIVERSE!!!!!

Later

track7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 07:08 PM

Congrats and welcome the wonderful world of 7 srtings.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 08:23 PM

Congrats man!
7 strings rule! heh...
What you said about abandoning ur 6 strings...I never really thought of it...but I have a Gibson Les Paul lyin around at home...haven't used it basically since I got my first 7...poor girl... ...i should pay her some attention when I see her again

Kim
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 08:46 PM

Reviews: 30
Congrats man! Hope it brings years of enjoyment.

Tags
gibson les paul , les paul

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode