Info on U.S.A. Custom - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 07:15 AM Thread Starter

Info on U.S.A. Custom

Hi there first of all, New member here :-)

I'm planning on buying this, but would like to know if anybody can tell me something about this one.

http://www.dba.dk/asp/vispopup/bille...Rubrikid=23320

I've checked ibanezregister and jemsite for info but couldn't fin the exact model.

It has HSS EMG pickups and a AMG boost installed. OR floyd rose instead of edge and scalloped 21-24 frets.

So is this original or modified? And how much should I pay for this?

Thanks a lot in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 02:55 PM

Re: Info on U.S.A. Custom

Doesn't look like any USAC I've seen. RG760 style body (H-S-S), but AANJ - and just a straight black paint job would be odd for a USAC. The neck's scalloped, which I've never seen on a USAC, the trem's a Floyd, not an Edge/Lo-pro. I'd want to see what was stamped on the neck pocket or see more pics of the back of the body and back of the headstock before I called it for sure. Looks like somebody's project guitar - definitely modified.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 03:16 PM

I'd suggest checking the neck pocket as well. Looks more like a project guitar than anything 'cause it sure doesn't look like a real USA Custom. The floyd isn't even an OFR (looks like a cheap lo-TRS copy). The only USA Customs I've seen with that USA Custom logo are the Exotic Wood models and the USRG models. The earlier USA Custom models all had the USA Custom markings neck the tip kinda like most models.

If anything, I'd pass on that. A dead giveaway that this isn't a real USA Custom is either the neck pocket or get the guy to either show you the serial # or maybe even get a picture of the back of the neck. The back of the neck doesn't really tell you what model it is, but if it's got a skunk stripe you know it's fake right across but your best best is the neck pocket. Otherwise, if the guy can't take any pics, don't buy it.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 02:52 AM

nice RG, though. it looks like one of early Ibanezs used by Reb Beach, HSS w/EMGs and Floyd. the trem looks like a Gotoh Floyd Rose.

Tags
custom models , floyd rose , gotoh floyd rose

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode