Interest in m0dded RG20th? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

Interest in m0dded RG20th?

Puting some feelers out... Anyone interested in a modded black RG 20th?

Put in some EMGs (81 & 60) on a custom pick guard and a tremol-no in the back.

Played it out so there are two little paint chips.

Case not taken out and includes all candy.

Original loaded pick guard available.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 04:59 PM

Re: Interest in m0dded RG20th?

unfortunately, you probably won't get much interest and even if you did, i doubt you'd be able to recoup much of your investment. the maple fretboard, bright models are the ones that are in demand. i've seen the black one go for $650 new on e-bay. of course, the emgs may be desirable to someone and could increase the value to a small degree.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 05:23 PM

I'd give you 550$ for it, on a serious note.

As noted above, neon colors and maple boards are a turn on. Another shade of black and rosewood.... Has been done on every other Ibanez guitar.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 09:38 PM
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastachild View Post
unfortunately, you probably won't get much interest and even if you did, i doubt you'd be able to recoup much of your investment. the maple fretboard, bright models are the ones that are in demand. i've seen the black one go for $650 new on e-bay. of course, the emgs may be desirable to someone and could increase the value to a small degree.
Indeed. The paint chips won't help sell it, but if you let it go for the right price it might make a great player for someone, no doubt a metal head who digs black guitars with EMG's. As Rasta said, these have been spotted selling new for $650, so hopefully you'd be able to find someone who sees the value in those pickups. Unfortunately most people tend to want stock guitars, and adding pickups or any kind of "upgrade" doesn't generally increase the value. Sometimes it does the exact opposite, especially on limited edition guitars.

Good luck anyway. Stick an ad in the classified section and see how it goes. If I lived over there I'd grab it for around $600 or so. It's still a bargain at that price when you consider markets outside the USA and the price these go for.

Tags
maple fret , maple fretboard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

loosing interest in guitar?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode